Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Tim Sherwood Is Appointed Would You Be Happy Or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    Those who voted "don't care" should think again,what if recent trend continues and Les brings in Chris Powell or Paul Ince?!?
    I'd be happy with that. I'd even have Hubble rather than Jimmy. Not Nasser, mind.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      I'd get behind Sherwood and give him a 12 month rolling contract as well - See if this is finally the right one...
      Agreed would prefer Clement but would get behind Sherwood, not overly sure what he has exactly done, to be hated so much on this board but he is young and hungry for success, so why wouldn't we give him a chance, perhaps he could end up being the one we all so desperately want, attacking, committed and successful.

Comment

I think Sherwood would be a decent appointment and certainly a upgrade from JFH.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
          I think Sherwood would be a decent appointment and certainly a upgrade from JFH.
          The second point, certainly, Maidstone. And the first I tend to agree.

Comment

There's been no talk of JFH's 12 month rolling contract getting extended, so reading between the lines, I'd already say he knows he is a dead man walking.
            Why give him a 12 month rolling contract if he isn't going to be judged at the end of the 12 months - Nothing has improved and he should rightly be sacked.

Another tell tell sign is after Forest it's an international break, the ideal opportunity to replace a manager with the 2 week break.

Hence why you can see there is substance to the Sherwood story.

Comment

Will be interesting to see how the players react on Saturday and whether they play for the Badge and the Manager. If JFH has any sense he will just set the team up to go for it as if its more of the same and we end up drawing 0-0 or losing 2-0 etc without giving it a go, he will be gone. I wanted him to be given longer and have some stability BUT he has to help himself which he seems unable to do.

Comment

Strange thing is, it seems that the players back him and like him.

When he goes I think it will purely be down to his tactics and style of play more than anything.

Comment

At this point in time I really don't care, as long as this clown goes. Did say on another thread though I wouldn't be overly bothered about JFH seeing out the season anyway as it's gone to shite. We'll be where we are now come May.
                  Last edited by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit; 03-11-2016, 02:57 PM.

Comment

There's been no talk of JFH's 12 month rolling contract getting extended, so reading between the lines, I'd already say he knows he is a dead man walking.
                    Why give him a 12 month rolling contract if he isn't going to be judged at the end of the 12 months - Nothing has improved and he should rightly be sacked.

Another tell tell sign is after Forest it's an international break, the ideal opportunity to replace a manager with the 2 week break.

Hence why you can see there is substance to the Sherwood story.
                    The whole point of a rolling contract is you don't need to extend it!!

At any one time JFH has a year left on his contract so if we want rid we negotiate the years salary pay off. (or it probably says we pay him a year's salary to keep things simple)

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      I'd be happy with that. I'd even have Hubble rather than Jimmy. Not Nasser, mind.
                      Damn, there go my chances, 77 doesn't want me, I'll never get a job in the sport
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Strange thing is, it seems that the players back him and like him.

When he goes I think it will purely be down to his tactics and style of play more than anything.
                        Young players rate him because he's giving them opportunities, generally his rotation is giving everyone chances and because of his style of play, we've seen less of players taking the criticism of the fans compared to him for the situation we're in.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                          The whole point of a rolling contract is you don't need to extend it!!

At any one time JFH has a year left on his contract so if we want rid we negotiate the years salary pay off. (or it probably says we pay him a year's salary to keep things simple)
                          Sorry I thought it was 12 months and rolling - In which case his 12 months are up this month so we wouldn't need to pay him anything if we get rid now.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Young players rate him because he's giving them opportunities, generally his rotation is giving everyone chances and because of his style of play, we've seen less of players taking the criticism of the fans compared to him for the situation we're in.
                            Manager will always first and foremost carry the can for any situation, as opposed to the players.
                            Maybe he'll learn in his next job from his mistakes of rotating SO frequently.

Comment

Not a fan of Sherwood but he has managed spurs and villa befor, taking villa to final of FA cup. This compares to JFH who managed Antwerp and burton before us.

Comment

Manager will always first and foremost carry the can for any situation, as opposed to the players.
                                Maybe he'll learn in his next job from his mistakes of rotating SO frequently.
                                without a doubt, but I think there were times where we as fans used to put the bulk of the criticism on individual players and performances. Now JFH has been getting the criticism for poor individual performances from players. Just as an example, if someone isn't playing well enough offensively, it's not because they're not doing it well enough that game, it's because JFH is stopping them from doing it.
                                Last edited by nasser95; 03-11-2016, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X