Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Tim Sherwood Is Appointed Would You Be Happy Or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What i wouldnt mind knowing is if say sherwood came in, would he bring his backroom team in coaches etc?? cos we sure need to fook off whoever all the coaches are cos theres deffo something being very wrong on that front, unless this is just jfh right before games buggering all the coaches supposed hard work in training in the week before games! as if sherwood comes in and same coaches etc we could be just in for the same!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by EssexR View Post
      Moyes really isn't a bad manager. Pep Guardiola would struggle at Sunderland and for all the stick he got, Moyes really didn't do THAT terribly at Man Utd. He suffered from the fact he wasn't Sir Alex! Even LVG last year and Mourinho now aren't exactly doing any better than he did whilst there.

Cant comment on his time at Sociedad because I didn't pay any attention to it.

Options aren't exactly at a premium either way. I don't think Sherwood is nearly as bad as people are making him out to be either. I actually think a lot of the hostility is purely because he's ex Spurs and is considered another "jobs for the boys" type appointment by Les (if it ever happened).
      You could be right about some of the hostility, but I think it's more to do with 'what has he done, really?'. He did well for Spurs over a very short period, so hard to judge him on that and he had fantastic players. His sole claim to fame is introducing Harry Kane really. And although I take on board what you say about his time at Villa, from a neutral perspective, I really couldn't see any improvement in them while he was there. And that's it. Even less experience than JFH in fact.

As for Moyes, he never improved at Everton with a very decent squad and reasonable spend. Witness how quickly they improved under Martinez (even though he inevitably came unstuck), and how good they are now under Koemans. And although he's been handed a very difficult job at Sunderland, how bad are they?! Isn't it the record worst start ever? So I'm really not impressed by him.

Personally, as I've said before, I don't think we should make a knee-jerk appointment, but we should wait until the end of the season and see where we stand then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
        You could be right about some of the hostility, but I think it's more to do with 'what has he done, really?'. He did well for Spurs over a very short period, so hard to judge him on that and he had fantastic players. His sole claim to fame is introducing Harry Kane really. And although I take on board what you say about his time at Villa, from a neutral perspective, I really couldn't see any improvement in them while he was there. And that's it. Even less experience than JFH in fact.

As for Moyes, he never improved at Everton with a very decent squad and reasonable spend. Witness how quickly they improved under Martinez (even though he inevitably came unstuck), and how good they are now under Koemans. And although he's been handed a very difficult job at Sunderland, how bad are they?! Isn't it the record worst start ever? So I'm really not impressed by him.

Personally, as I've said before, I don't think we should make a knee-jerk appointment, but we should wait until the end of the season and see where we stand then.
        Fair point that Sherwood hasn't actually done anything of note, and tbh that's my 1 major concern over him. Like you say, technically he'd even LESS experienced than JFH was when he joined.

Not sure we can wait until end of the season as doesn't JFH's contract expire in December? Surely he has until then to save his job.

Comment

• Originally posted by EssexR View Post
          Moyes really isn't a bad manager.
          Massively over rated and under achieving, forget Sunderland Man U and Real, he had good money at Everton and mediocre results and performance year after year. I'd take Martinez over Moyes, at least we'd see some football.

Tim's overall record isn't too bad. Villa was a toxic environment, I think their fans now understand that he was faced with an impossible situation. What I don't get is how anyone can imagine JFH to be a better option than TS. Plus whether we like it or not if JFH goes and Les stays TS is nailed on. Shouldn't be like that, but it's the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            Massively over rated and under achieving, forget Sunderland Man U and Real, he had good money at Everton and mediocre results and performance year after year. I'd take Martinez over Moyes, at least we'd see some football.
            Overrated maybe...but he's not a bad manager. No worse than JFH or anybody else that's been mentioned. I mean Christ some on here have talked about bringing Holloway back!!

Comment

• Think some fans need to understand that we aren't going down the route of what a manager has done previously anymore, i.e. a manager with an experienced CV.

I think managerial wise we have changed tact, as we have with the type of players we sign - Young, hungry, talented, something to prove.

We, as fans, can all start to look at, and discuss, realistic options of appointment once we all accept the new route we are now going down.

The calls of Allardyce, Pearson etc. are totally unrealistic.
              Sherwood fits the bill of our new setup IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                Think some fans need to understand that we aren't going down the route of what a manager has done previously anymore, i.e. a manager with an experienced CV.

I think managerial wise we have changed tact, as we have with the type of players we sign - Young, hungry, talented, something to prove.

We, as fans, can all start to look at, and discuss, realistic options of appointment once we all accept the new route we are now going down.

The calls of Allardyce, Pearson etc. are totally unrealistic.
                Sherwood fits the bill of our new setup IMO.
                why are they unrealistic if that's really what T.F wanted and was prepared to push out to go for it, Who knows? personally don't think they'd come especially with a DOF above them but maybe not realistic as for Chocolate I'm so good Tim only person he loves is himself, Not for me! not proven enough no more experienced than JFH

Comment

• Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                  why are they unrealistic if that's really what T.F wanted and was prepared to push out to go for it, Who knows? personally don't think they'd come especially with a DOF above them but maybe not realistic as for Chocolate I'm so good Tim only person he loves is himself, Not for me! not proven enough no more experienced than JFH
                  Pearson and Allardyce etc. would never accept the job, nor would we be able to afford them, nor would they want to work under our new system of a DOF (they'd want sole control), nor would they want to hang around for 3 years before we're ready to mount another title challenge.

The experienced proven, instant success manager thing is out the window with our new direction, we aren't interested in that anymore IMO. In an ideal world I'd like someone proven as well but I know that's not the route we're going down anymore so why pine or discuss something that's not going to happen? We're going for young, talented, modern methodical coaching, something to prove, will work under a DOF.

Comment

• As I said if T.F. really wanted to go for if but would deffo have to get rid of the DOF

Comment

• Think id rather us look abroad for a watford like appointment, but a attacking minded manager, for me sherwoods just too cosy especially for ferdinand!
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                        Could you elaborate some more on why you dislike him? Is it just the fact you don't like him running up and down the touchline?
                        Just interested in why some dislike him - Is there any real substance to the hate?
                        Just comes across as a bit of a ####, his 'enthusiasm' came across as very fake to me. I'm also good friends with a Villa fan who said he wanted to make it all about him, self promotion ahead of the club, his tactics were questionable at best and he did spend millions on dross players.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimPR78 View Post
                          Just comes across as a bit of a ####, his 'enthusiasm' came across as very fake to me. I'm also good friends with a Villa fan who said he wanted to make it all about him, self promotion ahead of the club, his tactics were questionable at best and he did spend millions on dross players.
                          Oh, I've seen a lot of Villa fans saying they liked him?

Comment

• It's a huge no thanks from me.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Tiger Tim IN.

Gilet's at the ready.

See you in the R's superstore.

Comment

• the bloke is poison.

thinks he is billy big bolox, goes around demanding big money while his cv sits on a desk with two previous jobs and a combined managerial career of 9 months of employment.
                                add to that, he is good mates with the dof.
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                                X