Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Warnock out of his depth and Martin O'Neill anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SOUTHGATE_Rsss View Post
    Remove this thread now!! Ignoramous
    Originally posted by qprjames View Post
    Get a life.
    Originally posted by 3London View Post
    Absolutely ridiculous!
    Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    Probably the most idiotic post of the season so far.
    Originally posted by Quaz View Post
    one bad game in 4 and he wants to shaft warnock, nice.
    Originally posted by twranger View Post
    typical kneejerk reaction as always - it was bound to happen, just a matter of when!
    Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
    Benny... Suggesting we sack Warnoak, is surely far more ridiculous than me saying Barton has been awful so far, which he has. Or at least been no where near what we know he is capable of.
    Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
    Kneejerk.... I'd remove the Knee and say this thread was started by ermmm... nevermind....
    Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    How fickle are some people? We have a squad full of players such as Luke Young, Anton Ferdinand, Joey Barton, DJ Campbell etc, were 11th in the PL, have taken 3 points away to Wolves and Everton, kept 3 clean sheets and played Newcastle and Villa (albeit for only the 1 half) off the park yet 1 bad (very very bad) day at the office and people are questioning our manager?! Jesus wept.

He was the best thing since sliced bread last week and will be again if we beat Blackburn, some of our fans really do overreact.
    Originally posted by Chopper View Post
    terrible terrible post and eveything that is bad about football fans today
    Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
    You couldn't make it up
    Hold on a minute Matty. Only one person living in cuckoo land! As I said before not a kneejerk reaction from the fans just a thread started by someone acting a kneejerk.

Unbelievable... read the original post you lot.

God forbid anyone post on here with an opinion or worse still, one that contradicts yours.

A valid topic for discussion. Does Colin have the capacity to manage at the top level? He's managed two seasons at the top level previously... one with Sheffield Utd and one with Notts County (at least that's what Wiki tells me, so I'll go with that). Both ended in relegation after one season.

Not much to write home about is it? Hardly set the world on fire has he? Failed to stay up in the top level after two attempts. Sure he's managed to get teams promoted... even up to the top level. But can he keep them there?

A lot of people are quick to point out that certain players are only capable at one division or another. I read a lot of "he's not proven at this level" rubbish. Well history would seem to tell us that Colin's not proven at this level.

Let's wait and see ah? It's still early days yet. Here's hoping he keeps us up.

Comment

The one really big fact most people on here are missing is that neil had one week to get quality players in not a whole bloody summer like most teams! Therefore the squad we have is weak and when ever we get injuries or bans to the first 11 the players coming in just aint good enough! So we have to do alot of quick deals in jan which is always a hard time to get players in! Thats why we will struggle lack of depth in squad and even alex f would find it hard under these conditions! SO LEAVE WARNOCK ALONE!
      LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        Not going to be a popular reply, but I cannot see anything wrong with asking the question he has.

The hard fact of the matter is that NW has managed at this level for just one season prior to this, which ended in relegation. In his defence, he didn't have much support from his board or a wealth of talent at his disposal.

The OP has not for one moment either criticised NW or suggested that he hasn't done a fantastic job since he arrived, as he said IF he left and IF he were to be sacked, before discussing an alternative. I did find it somewhat ironic therefore, that people accused HIM of over reacting.

I think NW has done wonders for us, but I don't think for a minute that should ever stop us questioning things that we find difficult to understand. Like why
        sign Leon Clarke? Why take so long to see Rob Hulse just wasn't doing it for
        us? Why weaken both full back positions when one would have been enough? Why persist in playing right wingers out of position?

In my opinion, we have had one of the easiest starts we could have hoped for.
        In 7 games, we've only scored 5 goals, yet conceded 13. Despite playing stiffer
        opposition than us, both Norwich and Swansea are above us. And that is with
        what a lot of us feel to be squads far inferior to ours.

Lee Cook was an absolute gem of a player for us and showed incredible loyalty
        and support for his club when we were in need. But is he good enough still?

So not really a ridiculous question, is it?

Hopefully the answer to the question will prove to be an overwhelming no. I'm
        sure we can all agree on that bit.
        The title of the thread is self explanatory and you don't need an English degree from Trinity College to work out that it's a dig at NW. If you said to your wife
        "are you out of your depth and Claire from accounts anyone?" Her in doors ain't going to take it as a compliment.
        The fact that the answer to the question will be an overwhelming no, confirms
        the question is ridiculous rather than supports the fact that it is thought
        provoking.

Comment

Originally posted by cujimmy View Post

God forbid anyone post on here with an opinion or worse still, one that contradicts yours.

A valid topic for discussion. Does Colin have the capacity to manage at the top level? He's managed two seasons at the top level previously... one with Sheffield Utd and one with Notts County (at least that's what Wiki tells me, so I'll go with that). Both ended in relegation after one season.

Not much to write home about is it? Hardly set the world on fire has he? Failed to stay up in the top level after two attempts. Sure he's managed to get teams promoted... even up to the top level. But can he keep them there?

A lot of people are quick to point out that certain players are only capable at one division or another. I read a lot of "he's not proven at this level" rubbish. Well history would seem to tell us that Colin's not proven at this level.

59 posts and you use an acronym for our manager meaning w@nker and you want to be taken serious? Have some respect will ya. Sure your not a troll with a bit of spare time on your hands looking for a rise!

How does a manager become proven then at this level when people are calling for his head after 7 league games? He wasn't backed as Sheffield Utd when they got in the Premiership and had a week to get us equipped till Jan in a week before the window closed. Get real sunshine and try a little more research than the wiki which anyone can edit!

Comment

Dazzer,
            I really don't think anyone is calling for his head as you put it. It was a simple question, much the same as will be asked about all our players at some point this season. And you know what, people will disagree and have differing opinions.

TBlock,
            Not sure it was a dig at all, but if it was then I would be very disappointed in that poster. Just as anybody else would. Even Claire from accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
              Dazzer,
              I really don't think anyone is calling for his head as you put it. It was a simple question, much the same as will be asked about all our players at some point this season. And you know what, people will disagree and have differing opinions.

TBlock,
              Not sure it was a dig at all, but if it was then I would be very disappointed in that poster. Just as anybody else would. Even Claire from accounts.
              Fella you can say what you want about this but leave f**king Claire from accounts out of it. That was uncalled for and below the belt (where only Claire is allowed to go)!

Comment

Originally posted by cujimmy View Post

3rd time lucky then

Comment

If things are looking poor a couple of months from now I might entertain the notion but until then Neil deserves our full support. At the moment we're 11th on the table.

However, I would like to point out only one newly promoted team didn't sack their manager last season - Blackpool.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                    Just saying it's another knee-jerk reaction.

Also, Barton loaned very good against Newcastle, and ran things in the middle at Wolves, so I disagree with your evaluation of him.

Easy to forget things after one bad performance, unless your name is Taarabt.
                    Benny, watch the game back, Against Newcastle Barton was dire. Gave numerous passes away, I wasnt at wolves, but wasnt impressed vs Villa and certainly not Sunday.

Comment

I'm more concerned about the Joey Barton thing than I am about Warnock, afterall results will dictate Warnocks future at this club. As for Barton he hasn't impressed me, apart from the Wolves game. He looks very slow, his passing has been poor and his overall commitment leaves much to be desired. Add to that his comments about how he nearly joined Arsenal but for him getting one of their players sent off, and you have a player who maybe didn't really want to come to us in the first place ? Maybe we are not big enough for him ? Just to add, I was pleased when he first signed, but not anymore. My worry now is his potential disruptive influence in the dressing room.

Comment

How does a manager become proven then at this level when people are calling for his head after 7 league games? He wasn't backed as Sheffield Utd when they got in the Premiership and had a week to get us equipped till Jan in a week before the window closed. Get real sunshine and try a little more research than the wiki which anyone can edit!
                        He's had more than 7 games. Two seasons worth of games in fact. Relegated twice. They're the facts. I quoted Wiki tongue in cheek, but that was lost on you.

Lets not question anyone’s ability lest we upset their frail sensitivities... how precious you are... you nancy!

Before warnock arrived, I’d bet the majority on here despised him. Yet now, as our manager, he’s hailed as the messiah and beyond reproach. Why should I change my opinion of him simply because he manages the club I support? I still find him obnoxious and if the shoe fits…
                        You're fickle as sh!t.

Two thousand posts doesn’t make you some kind of forum intellect. I’ve endured your drivel in the past … read my post again.
                        Last edited by brightonr; 04-10-2011, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Also worth noting that similar opinions that the OP has posted could well be being aired within the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                            Also worth noting that similar opinions that the OP has posted could well be being aired within the club.
                            Would of thought NW's job would be safe as houses with bhatia back on the board?

Comment

59 posts and you use an acronym for our manager meaning w@nker and you want to be taken serious? Have some respect will ya. Sure your not a troll with a bit of spare time on your hands looking for a rise!

Thankyou Dazzer.Without banging on about the past,I came on here the other day and was laughed at for complaining about our own support using this disrespectful, and mean't to be insulting name towards our manager.
                              Don't care whether people say I've always called him that, and I take it if you do think that, you won't of joined in the celebrations when HIS team won the league last season.
                              Ok ok I'll let it go!!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                                Thankyou Dazzer.Without banging on about the past,I came on here the other day and was laughed at for complaining about our own support using this disrespectful, and mean't to be insulting name towards our manager.
                                Don't care whether people say I've always called him that, and I take it if you do think that, you won't of joined in the celebrations when HIS team won the league last season.
                                Ok ok I'll let it go!!
                                I celebrated MY team winning the Championship last season.

I believe COLIN's team is Sheffield something or other.

Comment

Working...
                                X