Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Warnock out of his depth and Martin O'Neill anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No worse a thread than the ones stating Barton and Faurlin are over rated.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Benny... Suggesting we sack Warnoak, is surely far more ridiculous than me saying Barton has been awful so far, which he has. Or at least been no where near what we know he is capable of.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
        typical kneejerk reaction as always - it was bound to happen, just a matter of when!
        Kneejerk.... I'd remove the Knee and say this thread was started by ermmm... nevermind....

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
          It remains to be seen if Warnock can cut it at this level so id say its a fair question. Im slightly pished at his relaxed view at getting dicked 6-0 stating thats what happens and there will probably be a few more etc etc.
          Motivating people to run around and tackle hard is all well and good but when you can't get near the ball for starters you have a problem.

Not digging out Warnock but the manor of the defeat yesterday was a flsahback to the not so distant dark days of having a squad full of players who didnt give a tosh.

I accept we will lose more than we win but if Warnock thinks losing 4-0 and 6-0 to the likes of Bolton and Fulham is acceptable he needs his fcking head looking at.
          That's the problem, its who we've lost to and by the amount. Norwich went to old Trafford and by all accounts played very well, lost two nil but really tested utd. What happens when the motivator can't motivate our who motivates the motivator? Now im not saying for one minute we should change manager, that would be ridiculos, but it is worrying the manor of the defeats, especially they way we seem to just fold after the second goal, same as Bolton.

Comment

Think he's trying to show calm to fans.Don't forget he was slated last week for coming out and speaking his mind.
            This defeat is hurting we all know that,but for 3 games before we were all happy with how things had gone and NW was the best since slice bread.It's a set back, we'll come back again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
              Benny... Suggesting we sack Warnoak, is surely far more ridiculous than me saying Barton has been awful so far, which he has. Or at least been no where near what we know he is capable of.
              Just saying it's another knee-jerk reaction.

Also, Barton loaned very good against Newcastle, and ran things in the middle at Wolves, so I disagree with your evaluation of him.

Easy to forget things after one bad performance, unless your name is Taarabt.
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Come on leave it out....its only the start of the season....everyone has gotta find their way with all the new players. we WILL come good sooner rather then later.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                  Kneejerk.... I'd remove the Knee and say this thread was started by ermmm... nevermind....

Comment

How fickle are some people? We have a squad full of players such as Luke Young, Anton Ferdinand, Joey Barton, DJ Campbell etc, were 11th in the PL, have taken 3 points away to Wolves and Everton, kept 3 clean sheets and played Newcastle and Villa (albeit for only the 1 half) off the park yet 1 bad (very very bad) day at the office and people are questioning our manager?! Jesus wept.

He was the best thing since sliced bread last week and will be again if we beat Blackburn, some of our fans really do overreact.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

terrible terrible post and eveything that is bad about football fans today

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
                        one bad game in 4 and he wants to shaft warnock, nice.
                        You couldn't make it up

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          How fickle are some people? We have a squad full of players such as Luke Young, Anton Ferdinand, Joey Barton, DJ Campbell etc, were 11th in the PL, have taken 3 points away to Wolves and Everton, kept 3 clean sheets and played Newcastle and Villa (albeit for only the 1 half) off the park yet 1 bad (very very bad) day at the office and people are questioning our manager?! Jesus wept.

He was the best thing since sliced bread last week and will be again if we beat Blackburn, some of our fans really do overreact.
                          Agree mate

Comment

Hold on a minute Matty. Only one person living in cuckoo land! As I said before not a kneejerk reaction from the fans just a thread started by someone acting a kneejerk.

Comment

Agree mate, last season when the pack were catching, posters saying NWs tactics were all wrong, some posters have no backbone and s'*t themselves whenever anything goes wrong: a famous quote
                              “A critic is someone who never actually goes to the battle, yet who afterwards
                              comes out shooting the wounded”

IMHO premiership is littered with quality teams and whenever we don't turn up we'll get tonked whether its Bolton or Foolham. Take at least two yrs of being in the premiership to have a squad that is able to hold it's own against most
                              clubs all of the time.
                              Yesterday was just one of those days but it makes it more important to win games where we dominate such as villa/toon.
                              At this level you can't panic and it's no place for the weak, I like most think
                              NWs a legend and we took the p,,s out of t and c for making the club into a circus but some here still want The days of the Zippo back.
                              My only critiscm of NW was his remarks about Traore last week which I thought were too personal and also against a player that had settled in v well and had left a previous club on a low. Suppose yesterday NW wanted to make amends and show a more compassionate side.
                              Need a result against Blackburn, then a miracle for next 3 matches and then 3 games we can get points and then Manure and then transfer window should soon be open and we have a few games where our spending capacity could put the wind behind us for a jan/feb boost.
                              Without the resilience and strength of sir Neil we would still be in that toilet league and no other manager could have put up with T & C fearlessly facing them toe to toe until they retreated and allowed in lord protector Amit and Prince Tony of Uxbridge Rd.
                              For everything Sir Neil has done, I beg you not to forsake him now.

Comment

Not going to be a popular reply, but I cannot see anything wrong with asking the question he has.

The hard fact of the matter is that NW has managed at this level for just one season prior to this, which ended in relegation. In his defence, he didn't have much support from his board or a wealth of talent at his disposal.

The OP has not for one moment either criticised NW or suggested that he hasn't done a fantastic job since he arrived, as he said IF he left and IF he were to be sacked, before discussing an alternative. I did find it somewhat ironic therefore, that people accused HIM of over reacting.

I think NW has done wonders for us, but I don't think for a minute that should ever stop us questioning things that we find difficult to understand. Like why sign Leon Clarke? Why take so long to see Rob Hulse just wasn't doing it for us? Why weaken both full back positions when one would have been enough? Why persist in playing right wingers out of position?

In my opinion, we have had one of the easiest starts we could have hoped for. In 7 games, we've only scored 5 goals, yet conceded 13. Despite playing stiffer opposition than us, both Norwich and Swansea are above us. And that is with what a lot of us feel to be squads far inferior to ours.

Lee Cook was an absolute gem of a player for us and showed incredible loyalty and support for his club when we were in need. But is he good enough still?

So not really a ridiculous question, is it?

Hopefully the answer to the question will prove to be an overwhelming no. I'm sure we can all agree on that bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X