X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jan 23 Incomings

We need that Undav pronto !!

And a playmaker.

I suppose we have got players lined up already ?

Doubt it, we always leave it late and look in the bargain bin!!

Comment

Undav we may struggle as a number of clubs interested. We do though badly need a striker. I am sure Critchley has a wish list of players.

Comment

Id give Sinclair a run of starts before Jan window and see if he sinks or swims he's got the pace we lack to burn if he don't get of the mark loan him out to L1 side. I can see Balogun going up north again and we need cash to really improve so may need to flog any one that gets a decent offer. Think the lad at Brighton out of our wage bill.

I don't know if Roberts, Richards are season loans ? maybe as we got option to buy but if Richards cant start over Thomas he's not upto much but he aint had a chance really as for Roberts he's never fit and rarely looks interested

Ive said before like to of got Dembele when he left Pboro for £500k don't get a kick at bournemouth pacy scores goals ideal either out wide or down the middle for us.

Going to need to get a few in but we always seem to be on a rebuild

Comment

My biggest concern is that altough we are with our backs to the wall financially(ffp) we are still 'burning' money! I mean ... what exactly are we getting back from the likes of Thomas, Roberts, Nico, Giles ... even Uncle! That's to name just a few! We have loads of deadwood that will never make us better.

Comment

Dykes linked to Rangers, so we might need 2 new strikers if he goes. We are already one short in that department.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
              My biggest concern is that altough we are with our backs to the wall financially(ffp) we are still 'burning' money! I mean ... what exactly are we getting back from the likes of Thomas, Roberts, Nico, Giles ... even Uncle! That's to name just a few! We have loads of death wood that will never make us better.
              We dont hsve the money for 22 players of first team quality that cost £10-20k a week each. We will always have weak back up players until we either start selling players for £10-15m a piece or we manage to scrape a season in the prem through the play off.

The Eze money would have gone to cover normal overspend and COVID. Even if we got £15-20m for Chair and Willock now you can bet the majority, if not all, will clear debts that have accumulates just to get the current team out on the pitch.

We need to get Chair, Willock and Dieng sold to realise some cash before their value is NIL. Hopefully this wont happen until the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Even if we got £15-20m for Chair and Willock now you can bet the majority, if not all, will clear debts that have accumulates just to get the current team out on the pitch.
                Who are the debts due to? If its to the owners, that suggests they would be pulling out. I'd imagine, other creditors, especially HMRC, would want payment regardless of our circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcticHoop View Post
                  Dykes linked to Rangers, so we might need 2 new strikers if he goes. We are already one short in that department.
                  Jurnos are always going to link Dykes with those lesser Rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

We dont hsve the money for 22 players of first team quality that cost £10-20k a week each. We will always have weak back up players until we either start selling players for £10-15m a piece or we manage to scrape a season in the prem through the play off.

The Eze money would have gone to cover normal overspend and COVID. Even if we got £15-20m for Chair and Willock now you can bet the majority, if not all, will clear debts that have accumulates just to get the current team out on the pitch.

We need to get Chair, Willock and Dieng sold to realise some cash before their value is NIL. Hopefully this wont happen until the summer.
                    I do not agree that we need to sell all our big assets. I think our squad is too large for our size. We need a smaller squad and better quality. We have too many bench warmers. That is if we do have ambitions to reach the promised land.

Comment

We havent got any money !!!!!!

Comment

Sheep you seem to have better idea where we are financially then if we’re that skint and need to offload chair,willock and Dieng to keep us going sadly out of those three only 1 could play bottom half prem imo

chair with his experience don’t know when to release the ball, Dieng for me let’s far too many goals in from outside the box to be top quality and willock is at best bottom 8 prem

Eze we got decent money for because he was good enough for the next level and his moneys well gone

weve wasted wages on players like nico, Thomas Owen Battache even 12.5k a week for uncle that needs someone’s #### kicking imo even if nico on £500 a week it’s still 26k a year doing fk all over 4year deal he got seriously he’s a decent Sunday morning player at best

we know the ground holds us back and that has to be resolved regardless of staying in the borough or we move out we need no bigger than 25k stadia with option for another tier if we’re prem level

But flog the above mentioned and replace on budget I’m pretty sure we’re in for a tough ride

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                          Sheep you seem to have better idea where we are financially then if we’re that skint and need to offload chair,willock and Dieng to keep us going sadly out of those three only 1 could play bottom half prem imo

chair with his experience don’t know when to release the ball, Dieng for me let’s far too many goals in from outside the box to be top quality and willock is at best bottom 8 prem

Eze we got decent money for because he was good enough for the next level and his moneys well gone

weve wasted wages on players like nico, Thomas Owen Battache even 12.5k a week for uncle that needs someone’s #### kicking imo even if nico on £500 a week it’s still 26k a year doing fk all over 4year deal he got seriously he’s a decent Sunday morning player at best

we know the ground holds us back and that has to be resolved regardless of staying in the borough or we move out we need no bigger than 25k stadia with option for another tier if we’re prem level

But flog the above mentioned and replace on budget I’m pretty sure we’re in for a tough ride
                          All i know is from open open information on companies house. This shows the following operating losses:

- May 21 - £3.5m (Eze money)
                          - May 20 - £15.5m
                          - May 19 - £9.4m

So, even with £16m from selling Eze we've still made a loss of £28.4m over three aeasons. That's an average loss of £9.5m per season, or £182k a week.

Another £16m player sale doesnt look too likely right now and we may have to sell two players to get that money, if we're lucky. So, even with a big injection of cash from selling players we'll still be rummaging around for cheap players who will either raw, injury prone, old or loans.

I look forward to having 16 core players of the same standard but can't see that happening any time soon.

The next set of accounts will be out Feb23 for business to 31 May 22. I dont think they'll make particularly good reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post

I do not agree that we need to sell all our big assets. I think our squad is too large for our size. We need a smaller squad and better quality. We have too many bench warmers. That is if we do have ambitions to reach the promised land.
                            Getting them off the books seems hard. Nobody seems to want them.

Comment

If you look at how Blackpool used to play under NC , Bettace and Duke-McKenna should fit well in theoretically. Just a thought.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X