Player Incomings 22/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
    Surprised we haven't had one or two more in by now. When we were in Germany the boss said we were really close to 2 more yet nothing has changed. So players have either changed their mind about coming to us or their agent has found them another club who prob pay better wages and/or are promotion candidates. I think it's going to be a long season at hq. Rumours are Roberts injury is more serious than the club are letting on.
    Richards has come in. Maybe he thought McNamara or another right back was further down the line?

It's difficult at the moment. We're all aware we need a few more, as many as 5 in my mind, but the window has another month to run yet, so if we're targeting PL clubs for players, things won't start moving for another week or two when they've decided what's what. They will want to keep players they're unsure about until late in the window due to possible injuries in the early weeks.

I can imagine a lot of players have a long list of clubs interested in them, so naturally the parent club will be looking for good terms and obviously a good club for the players progression. Unfortunately I think we're going to be waiting until the end of the window for a striker.

Comment

• Just my take but I am assuming very little transfer funds will be available unless we sell someone. An exception could be say a modestly priced youngster with potential to increase in value. The problem we have is most of who we would have viewed as our appreciating assets this time last year either stagnated last season or went backwards. The main exception is Willock and he has been injured for some months now.

Unless something changes all I am really expecting is more loan or free signings. That in itself is not a disaster as we have kept the core of our team. Couple of useful additions and others coming back from injury and we should be fine.

Comment

• Yes. It strikes me that many of our assets are not the high-value prospects we hoped they might be. Doesn't mean they can't still improve or develop into sought after players but right now I'm not seeing Chair, Dickie or Dieng et al as being of any interest to a rich prem club - if they can't be a consistent dominant driving force in a Championship club I can't see how they can look viable propositions for the next tier up?

I'd say Beale's massive priority this season is to develop some players to the next level in order to hopefully make some of them worth £10mil+ so the DOF can do some wheeling and dealing with a warchest of money. Maybe that should be 'wheeling and bealing'?????

Not much use to us today and it's difficult to see how the club could finance any exciting incomings in the remainder of this window. We could just be looking at another Jeff Hendrick level acquisition at best.

Comment

• Millwall turn down latest offer for Danny McNamara now moving onto Dujon Sterling. What a fking waste of time. Time to paper over more cracks with a loan

Comment

• The whole pursuit of mcnamara was a bit of a farce. If you are serious about getting the lad in and having him for the start of the season then offer decent money instead of a pint and a bag of crisps!! When it became common knowledge the game was up. Either get it done early or walk away. Millwall were clearly not happy the way we were doing things and told us to f off.

The lad from Derby was a good fit from the start and is fit as a butchers dog. Plays every week. Lots of experience. Senior figure. Free transfer. Seems a bit of a no brainer.

Comment

• I don't mind who we get in out of sterling and Byrne.
              Always liked Byrne plays the role really well .

Btw Byrne is a free agent so won't be a loan.
              The other, if he's seen as someone we can polish could be loan with view to buy

Comment

• Sterling is out of contract end of this season so it would be a loan with a view to sign.

Comment

• All for a new Rb but given we’ve only got kakay there why not go 3cb Dunne in the side we look stronger Dickie and Clarke salter then you can go back to Albert as wb and paal other side. I’m less concerned about a Rb and rather funds went on a striker as our options there are league 1 level in Dkyes and Bonne and a young kid

Comment

• I was going to post Ossie Kakay has played well last two games, hasn't he?
                    So he should have the shirt to start with anyway but we do need a striker or two

Comment

• Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
                      All for a new Rb but given we’ve only got kakay there why not go 3cb Dunne in the side we look stronger Dickie and Clarke salter then you can go back to Albert as wb and paal other side. I’m less concerned about a Rb and rather funds went on a striker as our options there are league 1 level in Dkyes and Bonne and a young kid
                      Agree with all this. Come on Hoos and Sir Les, get a couple of decent strikers in please! If you think Dykes and Bonne are good enough to get us enough goals to be competitive in this league, you BOTH need to have a long hard look at yourselves in the mirror! Help the other lads out!

Comment

• We really need a proper big pacy physical target man. Dykes is very hit and miss. If he doesn't play we literally don't have a replacement for that role. I'm amazed we are in the second week of the season yet we still have only one recognised number 9, one right back, a shocking back up for paal, leaving our best defender sat on his ass watching on, still waiting for a dribbling centre mid which I hope Richards is going to provide for us.

We are very short overall. The lack of real quality and depth is a big concern.

Comment

• Grabban from Forest can we trust him scoring some goals for us if we sign him?
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                            Grabban from Forest can we trust him scoring some goals for us if we sign him?
                            Generally scores goals but getting on a bit now. I'd definitely take him on a free as he's better than we've got. I'd be expecting another to come in as well as Grabban won't be enough.

Have we been linked?

Comment

• Don't understand why people think we looked solid playing 3 at the back? Thought we got cut open way too much when we did. We conceded 59 goals last season, 15 teams conceded less. That isn't solid! Generally you need to be conceding less than 50 to be competing especially when we haven't got anyone in the squad right now capable of scoring 15+.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                                Don't understand why people think we looked solid playing 3 at the back? Thought we got cut open way too much when we did. We conceded 59 goals last season, 15 teams conceded less. That isn't solid! Generally you need to be conceding less than 50 to be competing especially when we haven't got anyone in the squad right now capable of scoring 15+.
                                Wrong thread, this is about player incomings!

Comment

Working...
                                X