Euros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Thomas is in the Welsh squad, but doubt he'll get any game time and hasnt been a starter for us. But will probably be heading home on Sat after the Denmark game! I cant see us winning that one.
    the QPR website has no mention of Thomas, but has on Hamalainen!

Comment

• Originally posted by BusRider View Post
      The fact that for very short spells the attack clicks and looks dangerous (The movement for sterling's goal was superb) makes the 90% of the time We are playing sluggish slow cautious football seem all the more infuriating.

we have the players to play explosive exiting football, we just choose not to. I get it, Southgate has decided the conservative approach is what wins tournaments, but it is so dull to watch and I still don't think it will work against the top sides.
      Personally I think England have done well, we've topped our group without conceeding a goal and we've done what is expected so far, to get to the next round, it hasn't been flair football but they've got the job done.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

the QPR website has no mention of Thomas, but has on Hamalainen!
        Seems the Google main search is the only one where he's listed. Other sites dont have him there. Seems he missed out on the final cut and perhaps was on standby.

Comment

• Dewch arnoch chi Dreigiau

Comment

• Rdfewq ytr bvcpygjk zdewptgkmw

Comment

• 3-0 wales have been completely outplayed

Comment

• Cymru. Lwc Caled

Comment

• And of course, all the Welsh will be supporting England Tuesday night.
                  I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Come on Austria

Comment

• Blimey, Wales were poor. They played as poor as Swansea/Cardiff do when we play them over Christmas/New Year and they've obviously been out on the lash. Maybe they've been to those Amsterdam bars that sell funny cigarettes?

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                        And of course, all the Welsh will be supporting England Tuesday night.
                        This one will and many others I know. Some dont even live in England. Many support English teams and want to see the national team do well too.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

This one will and many others I know. Some dont even live in England. Many support English teams and want to see the national team do well too.
                          The folk of Bethesda weren’t very friendly to my English friends and me, the pubs were almost off limits, they hated these total strangers for one reason, we were English.

And why do Cardiff City, Swansea City and Wrexham sign anti English songs game in game out?

Comment

The folk of Bethesda weren’t very friendly to my English friends and me, the pubs were almost off limits, they hated these total strangers for one reason, we were English.

And why do Cardiff City, Swansea City and Wrexham sign anti English songs game in game out?
                            I used to go shrooming up in Bethesda every autumn, and found the locals ok.
                            Also DJ'd in a few of their forest raves, crazy mofos.

In reference to Welsh clubs singing anti English songs, I always found the Jacks at Swansea a decent bunch.
                            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                            Work Best When Open...
                            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

I used to go shrooming up in Bethesda every autumn, and found the locals ok.
                              Also DJ'd in a few of their forest raves, crazy mofos.

In reference to Welsh clubs singing anti English songs, I always found the Jacks at Swansea a decent bunch.
                              You must have been very very high.

Comment

I'm a big believer in forming opinions from what I see and experience, so if that's your view fair enough.

But football fans, especially the young ones, will chant any ol' nonsense to get at the other team and let off steam. Did QPR fans used to chant abour Drogba and aids?

In rural Wales there will bo doubt be people who are resentful of English money that have made buying houses impossible for locals and turning some villages into ghost town because all the houses are now second homes. It has had an impact.

The majority will 'follow' the England team. We wont jump up and down when you score and couldnt give a damn when you get knocked out. But the majority will not be hoping you lose. That'my experience of having lived in England and Wales.

Comment

Working...
                                X