• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

And Cornish for the third paragraph
    Definitely Dave.

These local communities were also resentful of all second home owners when they decided to move into them during the start of the pandemic, breaking lockdown rules and bringing COVID into these areas. Crazy.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

So you don't dislike the English?
    I live in England and have English friends who live in Wales too. Of course I don't dislike the English. Many of my Welsh mates support English teams and only have a mild interest in what Swansea/Cardiff do. Most support Leeds because they were young during the Revie years and regularly make the long trip up to Elland Road. I chose QPR and couldnt give a damn how Swansea and Cardiff get on.

Wales as a country is not as anti-union as Scotland is and dont have an inbred loathing of England. Ignore actions during football and the six nations.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Ooh I do, there's some real #######s out there!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sleeping Giants
    replied
    Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I'm a big believer in forming opinions from what I see and experience, so if that's your view fair enough.

But football fans, especially the young ones, will chant any ol' nonsense to get at the other team and let off steam. Did QPR fans used to chant abour Drogba and aids?

In rural Wales there will bo doubt be people who are resentful of English money that have made buying houses impossible for locals and turning some villages into ghost town because all the houses are now second homes. It has had an impact.

The majority will 'follow' the England team. We wont jump up and down when you score and couldnt give a damn when you get knocked out. But the majority will not be hoping you lose. That'my experience of having lived in England and Wales.

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied

I'm a big believer in forming opinions from what I see and experience, so if that's your view fair enough.

But football fans, especially the young ones, will chant any ol' nonsense to get at the other team and let off steam. Did QPR fans used to chant abour Drogba and aids?

In rural Wales there will bo doubt be people who are resentful of English money that have made buying houses impossible for locals and turning some villages into ghost town because all the houses are now second homes. It has had an impact.

The majority will 'follow' the England team. We wont jump up and down when you score and couldnt give a damn when you get knocked out. But the majority will not be hoping you lose. That'my experience of having lived in England and Wales.
    And Cornish for the third paragraph

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

I used to go shrooming up in Bethesda every autumn, and found the locals ok.
    Also DJ'd in a few of their forest raves, crazy mofos.

In reference to Welsh clubs singing anti English songs, I always found the Jacks at Swansea a decent bunch.
    Lol
    They could've been vile, you wouldn't have cared

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

The folk of Bethesda weren’t very friendly to my English friends and me, the pubs were almost off limits, they hated these total strangers for one reason, we were English.

And why do Cardiff City, Swansea City and Wrexham sign anti English songs game in game out?

Leave a comment:

• cross it Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

In reference to Welsh clubs singing anti English songs, I always found the Jacks at Swansea a decent bunch.
    You must have been very very high.

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied

The folk of Bethesda weren’t very friendly to my English friends and me, the pubs were almost off limits, they hated these total strangers for one reason, we were English.

And why do Cardiff City, Swansea City and Wrexham sign anti English songs game in game out?

Leave a comment:

• cross it Dave
    replied

This one will and many others I know. Some dont even live in England. Many support English teams and want to see the national team do well too.

Leave a comment:

• SheepRanger
    replied
    And of course, all the Welsh will be supporting England Tuesday night.
    This one will and many others I know. Some dont even live in England. Many support English teams and want to see the national team do well too.

Leave a comment:

• Abseits
    replied
    Blimey, Wales were poor. They played as poor as Swansea/Cardiff do when we play them over Christmas/New Year and they've obviously been out on the lash. Maybe they've been to those Amsterdam bars that sell funny cigarettes?

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    Come on Austria

Leave a comment:

• cross it Dave
    replied
    And of course, all the Welsh will be supporting England Tuesday night.

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    Cymru. Lwc Caled

Leave a comment:

Working...
X