Euros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

I used to go shrooming up in Bethesda every autumn, and found the locals ok.
    Also DJ'd in a few of their forest raves, crazy mofos.

In reference to Welsh clubs singing anti English songs, I always found the Jacks at Swansea a decent bunch.
    Lol
    They could've been vile, you wouldn't have cared

Comment

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I'm a big believer in forming opinions from what I see and experience, so if that's your view fair enough.

But football fans, especially the young ones, will chant any ol' nonsense to get at the other team and let off steam. Did QPR fans used to chant abour Drogba and aids?

In rural Wales there will bo doubt be people who are resentful of English money that have made buying houses impossible for locals and turning some villages into ghost town because all the houses are now second homes. It has had an impact.

The majority will 'follow' the England team. We wont jump up and down when you score and couldnt give a damn when you get knocked out. But the majority will not be hoping you lose. That'my experience of having lived in England and Wales.
      And Cornish for the third paragraph

Comment

I'm a big believer in forming opinions from what I see and experience, so if that's your view fair enough.

But football fans, especially the young ones, will chant any ol' nonsense to get at the other team and let off steam. Did QPR fans used to chant abour Drogba and aids?

In rural Wales there will bo doubt be people who are resentful of English money that have made buying houses impossible for locals and turning some villages into ghost town because all the houses are now second homes. It has had an impact.

The majority will 'follow' the England team. We wont jump up and down when you score and couldnt give a damn when you get knocked out. But the majority will not be hoping you lose. That'my experience of having lived in England and Wales.
        So you don't dislike the English?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Ooh I do, there's some real #######s out there!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

I live in England and have English friends who live in Wales too. Of course I don't dislike the English. Many of my Welsh mates support English teams and only have a mild interest in what Swansea/Cardiff do. Most support Leeds because they were young during the Revie years and regularly make the long trip up to Elland Road. I chose QPR and couldnt give a damn how Swansea and Cardiff get on.

Wales as a country is not as anti-union as Scotland is and dont have an inbred loathing of England. Ignore actions during football and the six nations.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

And Cornish for the third paragraph
              Definitely Dave.

These local communities were also resentful of all second home owners when they decided to move into them during the start of the pandemic, breaking lockdown rules and bringing COVID into these areas. Crazy.

Comment

I live in England and have English friends who live in Wales too. Of course I don't dislike the English. Many of my Welsh mates support English teams and only have a mild interest in what Swansea/Cardiff do. Most support Leeds because they were young during the Revie years and regularly make the long trip up to Elland Road. I chose QPR and couldnt give a damn how Swansea and Cardiff get on.

Wales as a country is not as anti-union as Scotland is and dont have an inbred loathing of England. Ignore actions during football and the six nations.
                I personally have a lot more respect for people who support their local teams and don’t jump on the other people’s bandwagons.

Unless, of course they support the best team in Shepherds Bush, the mighty Queens Park Rangers, although, our bandwagon broke down in the Scrubs Lane.

The call for independence is rising in Wales, according to this report, up to 40% of Welsh people want independence, not far behind Scottish opinion.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1812241.html

and this is a bit of a surprise, even more want independence.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...cymru-19233106

I would love the English to have a vote on giving the Scottish their independence, I have a feeling Boris & Nicola might be a tad surprised at the result, billions of pounds saved on the Barnet formula and ten of thousands of government and banking jobs returned to England.
                I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

I personally have a lot more respect for people who support their local teams and don’t jump on the other people’s bandwagons.

Unless, of course they support the best team in Shepherds Bush, the mighty Queens Park Rangers, although, our bandwagon broke down in the Scrubs Lane.

The call for independence is rising in Wales, according to this report, up to 40% of Welsh people want independence, not far behind Scottish opinion.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b1812241.html

and this is a bit of a surprise, even more want independence.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...cymru-19233106

I would love the English to have a vote on giving the Scottish their independence, I have a feeling Boris & Nicola might be a tad surprised at the result, billions of pounds saved on the Barnet formula and ten of thousands of government and banking jobs returned to England.
                  Well I'm amazed by that polling because all that I've spoken to would be I'm complete shock if Drakefird & Co got more power. Also, if support was that strong I'd expect more to be voting for Plaid Cymru. I just cant even see there being a enough support to want a vote in the first place, but who knows. But I agree with you, England would be a much richer country without the other nations to support.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

You must have been very very high.
                    Extremely; it was the 90s
                    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                    Work Best When Open...
                    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Italy impresssed me last night. A very good team effort from them. Austria played well also.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        Italy impresssed me last night. A very good team effort from them. Austria played well also.
                        Not sure about that , they were a var disallowed goal away from nearly going out , they improved in extra time but Austria also had their chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                          Italy impresssed me last night. A very good team effort from them. Austria played well also.
                          Well done Shania for changing the subject and bringing back football discussion in a football discussing site and stop all this nations hating rubbish

Comment

• Originally posted by bhujio View Post

Well done Shania for changing the subject and bringing back football discussion in a football discussing site and stop all this nations hating rubbish
                            Thank you, bhujio. For once my post hit the target
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by bhujio View Post

Peace, love and respect. Apart from those ##### at Millwall and Luton, oh and Cardiff.

Comment

Peace, love and respect. Apart from those ##### at Millwall and Luton, oh and Cardiff.

And Chelsea.

Comment

Working...
                                X