No announcement yet.

Serious question re Warbs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight was abysmal, and should have shocked even the most ardent supporter into questioning what we're doing.

Dickie's foul was what a young player will sometimes do; he'll learn from that.

Barbet's back pass was a mistake, and we'd like to think he won't do that again anytime soon.

The third goal going through Osman's legs just telegraphed we had to laugh this off (if not drink it off).

The bigger issue -- and it's not MW, who I believe is a steadying influence -- is player quality.

Tonight was a metaphor for the past few seasons -- mis-kicks all over the pitch, inconsistent ball skills, no finishing touch in the box.

I dig Dom Ball's effort, Ilias' push, Carroll's intentions, Wallace's character -- but have any of them shown any game ability to make those things count?

Personally, I hope BOS can still be retained (he IS our spark plug), Dykes finds an attacking partner he gels with (I think Willock over Bonne), and Dieng keeps progressing as a very young but talented keeper.

If those things happen, we will steady the ship. If not, we may sink but it won't be because of bad coaching or bad luck as much as it would reflect overall player mediocrity.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
      It was only 3 games ago some of you were raving about how good we looked at Bournemouth.
      Most of the brain dead on here want sacking... they can only see one hour in front of them...

I just hope no one from the Club ever reads this stuff; reactionary, graceless empty thoughts, most of it...

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
        Tonight was abysmal, and should have shocked even the most ardent supporter into questioning what we're doing.

Dickie's foul was what a young player will sometimes do; he'll learn from that.

Barbet's back pass was a mistake, and we'd like to think he won't do that again anytime soon.

The third goal going through Osman's legs just telegraphed we had to laugh this off (if not drink it off).

The bigger issue -- and it's not MW, who I believe is a steadying influence -- is player quality.

Tonight was a metaphor for the past few seasons -- mis-kicks all over the pitch, inconsistent ball skills, no finishing touch in the box.

I dig Dom Ball's effort, Ilias' push, Carroll's intentions, Wallace's character -- but have any of them shown any game ability to make those things count?

Personally, I hope BOS can still be retained (he IS our spark plug), Dykes finds an attacking partner he gels with (I think Willock over Bonne), and Dieng keeps progressing as a very young but talented keeper.

If those things happen, we will steady the ship. If not, we may sink but it won't be because of bad coaching or bad luck as much as it would reflect overall player mediocrity.
        Well said I think the quality we have echoes the ability on the squad last season was masked by Eze ability to drag 2-3 players to him it allowed say chair or Bos space now we don’t have him the quality in the squad is at best poor look at defence drop dickie we have masterson, drop kakay we have Kane drop Wallace we have Niko it’s the same in midfield Cameron or ball Bettache now Amos is out there’s better in league one as back up goes. Now don’t get me wrong warbs has his limitations but some of those are down to player ability. Do I think we can avoid the drop maybe but we have to resolve basic errors and for that reason I think we’re on thin iceberg

Comment

Someone on twitter has posted that Mclaren had a 34% win ratio.
          Paul Hart?.....33%
          Warbs?.......30%
          If accurate, he is a dead man walking

Comment

Originally posted by Hope & Faith View Post

Most of the brain dead on here want sacking... they can only see one hour in front of them...

I just hope no one from the Club ever reads this stuff; reactionary, graceless empty thoughts, most of it...
            Would have to disagree with you there. A lot of people post well balanced arguments. A few will say to sack the manager. But if losing 3 nil to a team who were winless until tonight and rolling over with 10 men isn't good enough. The team look scared and low on confidence. It's still possible to win a game with 10 men but we just give up. We all know we have new players who need a bit of time to gel and we have lads who have huge potential but this league doesn't allow for that. We need a serious operator in the middle of the park as we have no presence there. No one dominates the game. Gets in people's faces and gets the others going. There are lads out there who do that but we have a manager who is obsessed with pretty little tippy tappy players who look great in 5 a side in training. Thats counts for nothing in this league. I'd love him to turn it around because I really like warbs. He seems to say the right things mostly but he also needs to front up now and again and admit to getting things wrong and trying to learn from that. Unfortunately I think that's his biggest weakness.

Comment

There’s hardly been any coaching done as these games are coming so quick it’s ridiculous, no time to recover, or work on tactics & I know it’s the same for everyone, fixtures are a joke

Comment

Warburton might yet get us out of this rot and we will be singing his praises again,he might ,but I doubt it .
                this is QPR ,we know happens next

Comment

Sacking Warburton won't solve anything and would probably, in my opinion, deepen our problems. As the old saying goes, "you can't polish a turd", we are shite at present because we've been stripped of pretty much all of our talent whether that be by mutual consent a la Eze or by disrespectful mercenary players playing hard ball and holding the club that gave them everything to ransom. The underlying problem stems back to the obscene penalty we got for FFP breaches, no other club in world football has come anywhere close to the fine we got unless I'm mistaken (and I might be because I haven't checked but I reckon I'm right), we're crippled by the "fair play" debt (sounds fair to me?)...why haven't we challenged the fine outside of the football world under proper corporate laws against unfair trading practices?...Again, I'm not close to the club so I may be uneducated here and if I'm wrong on this point then I apologise but it is a question that I often ponder the answer to. The problem also isn't helped by other clubs seemingly flouting the very same rules that we got penalised for and therefore playing with a much stronger hand than our own.

Comment

I can see right up till the end of the season and it don’t look pretty if we carry on like this. That I can assure you of!!!

Comment

Bet you're a lefty/remainer......
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post

I can see right up till the end of the season and it don’t look pretty if we carry on like this. That I can assure you of!!!
                        Exactly, sometimes it's easy to see something coming.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                          Someone on twitter has posted that Mclaren had a 34% win ratio.
                          Paul Hart?.....33%
                          Warbs?.......30%
                          If accurate, he is a dead man walking
                          I posted Warburton's record on here way back in January and February - it was very poor back then, worse than when we sacked Olly. Obviously I was quickly reminded that Warburton was THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB so I apologized and kept my head down.
                          I had a wobble in June and posted that it was essential we got rid of Warburton ASAP due to his awful record, lack of credentials and patently woeful coaching/tactical abilities. Once again, the forum came to the rescue and reminded me Warburton was the RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB and with the additional useful input of HE JUST NEEDS MORE TIME.
                          Therefore I am puzzled????? Nothing has changed....Warburton is the same man, we only let 3 in at Oakwell, not 5 like last season. That's BETTER isn't it? We had a few winless duff runs last season too, this time of year funnily enough.
                          Anyway, given this is the same Warburton performing more or less consistently as he always has done, I do not understand what the issue is? He remains THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB. Les should get him into contract talks about extending his contract until 2040.

Comment

All managers have to be judged by results, it’s a results business and eventually the club will have to act, if things don’t improve.
                            I would not sack Warburton at this time as the team is full of new players, agree 20 games with no improvement I would seriously think about a replacement, by then it would be 50 odd games under him with no sign of things picking up.

Noticed Danny Simpson still without a club, very experienced and could help the young full backs, look for a free agent to help toughen up the midfield, shame Ben Watson wasn’t picked up on a cheap contract
                            Last edited by Romford Hoop; 28-10-2020, 02:36 PM.

Comment

This current team is part of the ongoing project which was set out by Sir Les over 4 years ago. Bringing through our own players and also selling for a profit. While I think Warburton is a fantastic coach of players I worry if he is a great man manager and knows how to change a game once plan A has gone out of the window. He joint as manager in May 2019. Meaning he is now looking at being a long serving manager based on our history.

Personally I don't think we should pull the trigger, but our status as a championship club is very important and we should make sure we keep it at all costs !

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                                All managers have to be judged by results, it’s a results business and eventually the club will have to act, if things don’t improve.
                                I would not sack Warburton at this time as the team full of new players, agree 20 games with no improvement I would seriously think about a replacement, by then it would be 50 odd games under him with no sign of things picking up.

Noticed Danny Simpson still without a club, very experienced and could help the young full backs, look for a free agent to help toughen up the midfield, shame Ben Watson wasn’t picked up on a cheap contract
                                There are always new players though. We are never more than 20 games from new players. Ergo it's grossly unfair to ever sack a manager because at any given point he's working with new players. How can any manager be expected to work with new players? It's madness!

Comment

Working...
                                X