Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This really is a bad squad of players.

Comment

I wouldn't sack. We are QPR, lower end Championship side. We can only attract a certain level of manager and as such they will have their pros and cons. Last season showed us ups and downs. We are on a bad mini run. The sending off was frustrating. Ironically we haven't looked too bad away from home.

We have lost Eze, Manning and effectively BOS now. Yes we have brought players in but to lose our three most talented players and replaced them with mainly unproven players, albeit with potential, we will have teething problems.

My main concern, outside of the current run of form, is the depth of the squad. I really thought we would have padded it out with at least a couple of loan players. I'm all for bringing our own players through but at our level I would have expected a couple or more reasonable loans to be a standard part of our summer recruitment.

As I said in another post I will be interested to see how they team are doing in another 10 games. The late arrivals will have had a chance to bed in and MW will have had a decent chance to work out how best to integrate them into the team.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        Sadly it looks like Dykes isn't all that tbh.
        Scottish football is weak and apart from 3 maybe 4 teams, most of the rest are lower championship or lge 1 standard
        That was why I wasn't convinced about spending £2m on him and said I would rather pay the £500k Preston were going to pay for Bonne. Neither have covered themselves with glory so far and it seems QPR paid more for Bonne than I expected. Its a pity we didn't gamble on Toney, because Brentford are likely to tripple their outlay on him if he keeps on scoring. And in case anyone mentions it, no I didn't suggest buying him because I knew the club would not be spending anywhere near the fee Peterborough were seeking.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post

I can see right up till the end of the season and it don’t look pretty if we carry on like this. That I can assure you of!!!
          Me too. I could see this defeat in advance and if we persist with MW and his formations/tactics we will lose another 6 matches at least, before the new year and be in the bottom 3 before the November International break.

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzieboy View Post
            This current team is part of the ongoing project which was set out by Sir Les over 4 years ago. Bringing through our own players and also selling for a profit. While I think Warburton is a fantastic coach of players I worry if he is a great man manager and knows how to change a game once plan A has gone out of the window. He joint as manager in May 2019. Meaning he is now looking at being a long serving manager based on our history.

Personally I don't think we should pull the trigger, but our status as a championship club is very important and we should make sure we keep it at all costs !
            That's quite an assertion I must say! None of our players have improved one iota under his stewardship. I had high hopes for Oteh, Shodipo, Masterson, Chair and others but Warburton appears to have banjaxed their development.
            Maybe I have missed something and I do not wish to be contrary, but how exactly did you arrive at the conclusion he is a fantastic coach of players?

Comment

Well, that is the view of players that he is a good coach. However I would argue we do have players who have developed under him in the last 12 months. Some have left like Eze and Mannings and other like Kakay, Ball, Chair, BOS has improved. Happy to let you debate if that was going to happen with or without him. However my main point is I don't think he has a Plan B and I don't think he is a good man manager. Also I do not feel now is the time to pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                I wouldn't sack. We are QPR, lower end Championship side. We can only attract a certain level of manager and as such they will have their pros and cons. Last season showed us ups and downs. We are on a bad mini run. The sending off was frustrating. Ironically we haven't looked too bad away from home.

We have lost Eze, Manning and effectively BOS now. Yes we have brought players in but to lose our three most talented players and replaced them with mainly unproven players, albeit with potential, we will have teething problems.

My main concern, outside of the current run of form, is the depth of the squad. I really thought we would have padded it out with at least a couple of loan players. I'm all for bringing our own players through but at our level I would have expected a couple or more reasonable loans to be a standard part of our summer recruitment.

As I said in another post I will be interested to see how they team are doing in another 10 games. The late arrivals will have had a chance to bed in and MW will have had a decent chance to work out how best to integrate them into the team.
                The most sensible post on here for quite a while .

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

That was why I wasn't convinced about spending £2m on him and said I would rather pay the £500k Preston were going to pay for Bonne. Neither have covered themselves with glory so far and it seems QPR paid more for Bonne than I expected. Its a pity we didn't gamble on Toney, because Brentford are likely to tripple their outlay on him if he keeps on scoring. And in case anyone mentions it, no I didn't suggest buying him because I knew the club would not be spending anywhere near the fee Peterborough were seeking.
                  So you say it’s a pity we didn’t gamble on Toney knowing full well we could never afford what Brentford paid for him .You were loudly beating the drum for Bonne , now you have reservations about the fee without any of us really knowing it .You do change like the wind Stan , judging by our results usually . By the way I think we should have gone for Harry Kane but I thought we might struggle to reach the price .

Comment

I reckon the club will give him until the international break, and then make a decision.

I think we should stick with, and can't think of a suitable candidate in our price range, but I just get the feeling.

BTW Barnsley, who have sacked their manager are now above us. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

So you say it’s a pity we didn’t gamble on Toney knowing full well we could never afford what Brentford paid for him .You were loudly beating the drum for Bonne , now you have reservations about the fee without any of us really knowing it .You do change like the wind Stan , judging by our results usually . By the way I think we should have gone for Harry Kane but I thought we might struggle to reach the price .
                      Firstly , We had the money for Toney from selling Eze!
                      secondly, yes, I wanted the club to sign Bonne, if the price was in the range of 500k to 1m. I still think that would be a reasonable buy. He needs decent service which I think over the course of a season he would repeat his scoring feat of last season with Charlton.

No, I don’t change like the wind judging by our results. I think Warburton is a very average manager having seen his performance last season. He lacks consistency and cannot change a course of a game with a plan B.

As I said before, I would give him a few more games to turn things around, but if he doesn’t we should look to replace him before the rot sets in.

I had hoped that he would have done better this season with results and shown a bit of consistency but it seems like it will not be.

Comment

I think we should give Nigel Pearson a chance.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post
                          I reckon the club will give him until the international break, and then make a decision.

I think we should stick with, and can't think of a suitable candidate in our price range, but I just get the feeling.

BTW Barnsley, who have sacked their manager are now above us. Just saying.
                          Yes, h will be given at least until the break.
                          Paul Cook , if available, is within our budget.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Well said.

Comment

That’s something we can agree on at least .

Comment

Thought you was talking about my school mate Cookie the drummer

Comment

Working...
                                X