Some comments in the match thread at the end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
    I don't think her gender is in question Shania.

Ok.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      This post is pathetic fella! Of course people are p***ed after losing to Burton and Blackburn in the space of 7 days!

We have now been pulled right back into a relagation fight and there are no guarantees that we will stay up!

I back Ollie and like what he's done in the window but fuming tonight! I think he left it too late with the subs and could of changed it earlier and he also got it wrong against Burton and its cost us dearly!

Why you callin people out about being p***ed over what is a poor result in an extremely important match on the back of losing to Burton this time last week as well?
      We are not allowed to express our views or disappointment.
      Yes the results against the two relagation threatened sides are disappointing and could have been avoided but we must keep quiet and believe that Ollie will get it right eventually, but should beget it wrong, he should be allowed to stay on and try and get the club back up (like he did last time).

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Would just love to know what would of happened if ollie dragged them all off the pitch and refused to go back on till the proper decision was given.
        What could actually be done to the club, what action could be taken?
        Its a clear goal and it hasnt been given so the game is void after that anyway.
        Its not a disputed penalty decision, its a goal, an actual goal thats crossed the line with photgraphic evidence .
        Would of loved them to all walk off whatever the consequences.
        If anything the legal case would of been really interesting,
        The ref and assistant don't get a chance to view a photo though do they.

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
          Let's take it on the chin and move on. We should have played our best team against burton. If we'd won that, we would be clear of this crap. I don't give a #### that doughty is a young player, he's played a load of games and is clearly league 1 standard

Spot on.
          Also what about not changing a winning side unnecessarily?

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            The ref and assistant don't get a chance to view a photo though do they.
            Im not being rude in any way, but you are suppsed to be on the side you claim you support.
            Its an integral part of being a supporter.
            Any penalty against wasnt a penalty, any penalty not given or given was a dead cert penalty etc etc etc.

Why you sticking up for the ref and Blackburn and not QPR when a clear goal has not been awarded?

Oh and my point was, if the players walked off, the ref amd lino would be forced to have a look, then i wonder what they would do.
            I know it wouldn't happen, but i just wonder what would happen if it ever did.

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
              This one is odd as you can see in real time, without question the ball is over the line. If you can go to other officials to check if a players head taped anothers nose while he's lying on the ground in constant agony you can for sure ask all officials available, hey, did that go over the line or not?

Incredibly poor decision making and it cost us a game, 3 points, and lots of ranting.
              I see your point , but if the assistant had seen it as crossing the line he would have flagged, but he didn't see it so no flag.

Comment

Im not being rude in any way, but you are suppsed to be on the side you claim you support.
                Its an integral part of being a supporter.
                Any penalty against wasnt a penalty, any penalty not given or given was a dead cert penalty etc etc etc.

Why you sticking up for the ref and Blackburn and not QPR when a clear goal has not been awarded?

Oh and my point was, if the players walked off, the ref amd lino would be forced to have a look, then i wonder what they would do.
                I know it wouldn't happen, but i just wonder what would happen if it ever did.
                supporting a club doesn't mean you have to ignore the obvious.
                As for walking off, its quite simple what would have happened.
                There would not have been any viewing of TV evidence and the club would forfeit the game and then get a points deduction on top, as Middlesborough did years ago.

Comment

supporting a club doesn't mean you have to ignore the obvious.
                  As for walking off, its quite simple what would have happened.
                  There would not have been any viewing of TV evidence and the club would forfeit the game and then get a points deduction on top, as Middlesborough did years ago.
                  For instance, if England walked off with Lampards clear clear goal miles over the line in the world cup against Germany.
                  The whole of the organisers watch it instantly, see its a goal and still hand Germany the match or do they award the goal and send them all back out?
                  If they award the match to Germany, the whole tournament is instantly tainted, England take fifa to court of human rights claiming all sorts, the ref was bent etc etc.
                  All the evidence goes with them, when the proof shows its an actual bona fide goal.
                  I would love to of seen that. Its just hyperthetical but i reckon it would of been very interesting.
                  Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 07-02-2017, 12:28 AM.

Comment

For instance, if England walked off with Lampards clear clear goal miles over the line in the world cup against Germany.
                    The whole of the organisers watch it instantly, see its a goal and still hand Germany the match or do they award the goal and send them all back out?
                    If they award the match to Germany, England take fifa to court of human rights etc etc.
                    I would love to of seen that. Its just hyperthetical but i reckon it would be very interesting.
                    Good hyperthetical point there, but that never happened so we will never know.
                    However, I would not like QPR to be the 1st club to try that. Knowing the club's luck the FL would throw the book at them.

Comment

However, I would not like QPR to be the 1st club to try that. Knowing the club's luck the FL would throw the book at them.
                      Yeah your right, so right.
                      We would get thrown down a division or deducted just enough points to ensure we were.
                      Hence me changing it to wanting it to be England to of been the ones who did it. Ha ha.

Comment

We are not allowed to express our views or disappointment.
                        Yes the results against the two relagation threatened sides are disappointing and could have been avoided but we must keep quiet and believe that Ollie will get it right eventually, but should beget it wrong, he should be allowed to stay on and try and get the club back up (like he did last time).
                        Sarcasm meter off the charts....

...again, original post is digging out those who choose to throw blame at those not directly at fault. I'm pissed off we lost to Blackburn, but blaming the guy (to the extent of Ollie out) that tactically out played the opposition for 90 minutes, and actually scored, is unfair.

FFS MOAN ALL YOU WANT.

But if you refuse to read and comprehend the text you may aswell read the front page of the Daily Mail and make your life decisions based on that.

Comment

• Listen I get it, Ollie is God because he is passionate and cares.
                          Results will improve once the new players start playing and gel.

I am not interested in getting him sacked this season - not that he will be.
                          Like you and every other fan, I want him to succeed because it will mean our QPR is doing well.

So QPR outplayed Blackburn for 90 mins, yet couldn't score (apart from the one tat got away). How many other clear chances did they actually create....and miss. Did they hit the woodwork and force the keeper into making a number of saves, because that is what I would describe as outplaying the opposition.

Of course I can criticise his team selections for both of those defeats.
                          He admits he got it wrong against Burton, but a manager with his experience should have known better than to play a weakened side against fellow strugglers.

But you know what, this is a forum and we will have differing opinions.

I don't dig you or other posters out when you post to praise after a fluky draw at Newcastle (the own goal in injury time was a complete fluke and should comfortably have been headed away or left for the keeper to collect) or some other results.

Some fans thought he could turn QPR into play off candidates when he was appointed and even after the successive wins over Christmas and New Year.
                          I didn't come on here and post that they were deluding themselves.

Comment

I would be proud of our club if we did but obviously worried about the consequences.

Comment

Listen I get it, Ollie is God because he is passionate and cares.

Like you and every other fan, I want him to succeed because it will mean our QPR is doing well.

So QPR outplayed Blackburn for 90 mins, yet couldn't score (apart from the one tat got away). How many other clear chances did they actually create....and miss. Did they hit the woodwork and force the keeper into making a number of saves, because that is what I would describe as outplaying the opposition.

He admits he got it wrong against Burton, but a manager with his experience should have known better than to play a weakened side against fellow strugglers.

I don't dig you or other posters out when you post to praise after a fluky draw at Newcastle (the own goal in injury time was a complete fluke and should comfortably have been headed away or left for the keeper to collect) or some other results.

Some fans thought he could turn QPR into play off candidates when he was appointed and even after the successive wins over Christmas and New Year.
                              Good post. Bit unfair with Newcastle comments as personally think we more then earned that point but rest post is very well put

Comment

Listen I get it, Ollie is God because he is passionate and cares.

This is exactly how I feel. Literally word for word!

Few people teeing off about "the usual suspects" being negative after the Blackburn result. And I'm sure I am one of the people that was being referred to. But isn't it correct to be critical after losing a game to a weaker opposition? And that's before we consider that it was the 2nd time in 7 days that we'd lost to weaker opposition.

Of course luck is a factor and we got dealt a bad hand on Saturday, but looking at the 16 players in our match day squad, surely we should be putting teams like Blackburn out of sight?

Anyway, I've got a good feeling about Huddersfield at home this Saturday. Ollie has always been a big game manager, and make no mistake, this is a huge game for us now. I'll be HQ for my annual pilgrimage and I'm confident of 3 points!

Comment

Working...
                                X