No announcement yet.

Some comments in the match thread at the end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can people say Holloway got it wrong today. Posters on here in tears because we didn't keep the same team against Burton. We do that today but now Holloways got it wrong. Laughable comments on ere when we lose.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
      Why do some here think we have an automatic right to beat these teams, as this division and football has shown for ever that is not how it works.
      I don't think we have a right to win any of these games mate but we are losing more of our fair share against the teams around us and that's the worrying thing!
      Maybe if we had beaten one lost one and draw one against the bottom 3 teams I'd understand your optimism but we've lost to 3 of the bottom 4 teams under Ollie and 8 in 13.

As I've said before there are lots of other positives around the club in regards to passion, identity, better way of playing etc but it hasn't really translated in to results just yet and we have lost most of our BIG games!

Getting a point at Newcastle is a great result but those aren't the games that count for me. We need to start picking points up and taking the odd 3 points against teams around us or we will be in trouble.

I'm a qpr fan just like you and don't expect us to have the right to beat anyone. Everyone says we are unlucky but the fact still remains that our form under Ollie is alarmingly worrying.

I want him to succeed as much as anyone but not going sit here in Lala land and pretend everything is ok right now because it's not.

However I remain optimistic we will have enough to stay up with the new squad, but we need to find some consistency and form against the team in and around us very soon or it could all end in tears.

No one can exactly say we are in great form right now!
      Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 04-02-2017, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
        How can people say Holloway got it wrong today. Posters on here in tears because we didn't keep the same team against Burton. We do that today but now Holloways got it wrong. Laughable comments on ere when we lose.
        Why keep the same team today then?

Twice on the trot now we have been the better side overall and failed to win both.

Tells you something, doesn't it?

Comment

How can people say Holloway got it wrong today. .
          like this

Like I've been saying for a while Olly knows how to set up for high press and break but he seems to have little clear idea how to set up vs an inferior side. Posession must be utilised, if you're gonna dominate you have to pick some creativity from the off.
          not the end of the world but our posession game needs re-thinking. He was far too cautious against very average opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
            No you're not. You do not accept any criticism from other posters.
            Where have other posters criticized me.

Comment

Because we lined up against the best team in the league on Wednesday, with 3 new signings that weren't yet eligible to play. We picked a side designed to dig out a result, with Perch in a defensive role.

Today we had all of our new signings available and needed to asert ourselves against an inferior side.

To be honest, when I saw the line-up I wasn't disappointed but I expected 3 at the back with Furlong and Bidwell pushed forward. Instead what we got was 4-4-2 with Perch in central midfield. Come on, even the biggest Holloway fan has to admit that's a howler. And that's before we even consider that Goss and Ravel are sat on the bench.
              Last edited by Tarbie; 04-02-2017, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                Holloway tactically is nieve just a good motivator, don't think we will go down we should get enough points, but if we are going to move forward in the next few years Holloway is not the man, give him his due done well in the transfer market but it's how he uses those player's worries me.
                He wasn't naive on Wednesday though was he.

Comment

Poor team selection last weekend but today we were unlucky with the goal that was not given. I was never a ollie fan originally but things have improved under him so no complaints about him overall if at times his selections are a bit baffling.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                    Show some faith chaps

It's a tough season still to come but we have the squad to cope with it

Also strength in depth ...but I understand why you are disappointed so am I
                    Im not sure we have a team for a relegation fight. Too many of them are far too leightweight. IE. we should have brought in a captain-like workhorse in midfield. It`s a pity we didn`t adress that issue, imo.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Where have other posters criticized me.
                      Not you but our team.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        Im not sure we have a team for a relegation fight. Too many of them are far too leightweight. IE. we should have brought in a captain-like workhorse in midfield. It`s a pity we didn`t adress that issue, imo.
                        I think we actually do have fighters in the team now and a team pride. We just can't afford to keep losing games like this where we have dominated and keep saying we were unlucky.

Ollie has brought many positives to the clubs but as other posters have said he also makes some odd choices at times. For me Lua Lua came on against the best team in the league on Wednesday and was a genuine attacking threat! He delivered two quality crosses and we scored from one!

We bring Smith on today and leave Lua Lua onthe bench until the 90th minute in a must win game. Things like this will cost us.

Anyway hopefully the new players just need a bit of time to get use to each other and we will be ok and kick on next season!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                          I don't think we have a right to win any of these games mate but we are losing more of our fair share against the teams around us and that's the worrying thing!
                          Maybe if we had beaten one lost one and draw one against the bottom 3 teams I'd understand your optimism but we've lost to 3 of the bottom 4 teams under Ollie and 8 in 13.

As I've said before there are lots of other positives around the club in regards to passion, identity, better way of playing etc but it hasn't really translated in to results just yet and we have lost most of our BIG games!

Getting a point at Newcastle is a great result but those aren't the games that count for me. We need to start picking points up and taking the odd 3 points against teams around us or we will be in trouble.

I'm a qpr fan just like you and don't expect us to have the right to beat anyone. Everyone says we are unlucky but the fact still remains that our form under Ollie is alarmingly worrying.

I want him to succeed as much as anyone but not going sit here in Lala land and pretend everything is ok right now because it's not.

However I remain optimistic we will have enough to stay up with the new squad, but we need to find some consistency and form against the team in and around us very soon or it could all end in tears.

No one can exactly say we are in great form right now!
                          I can understand all of your post mate and yes i'm as frustrated and annoyed as anyone. We have picked up some great wins and draws against sides up the top so its also swings and roundabouts and in a logical world it would be the other way around. But isn't that QPR all over, has been for years unfortunately. Hopefully next week we will see a much more attacking line up(Morrison, LuaLua, and maybe Freeman) and get a win and then Ollie will feel like he can't drop them and things will improve. I'm just trying not to get too ####ed off about it cos it was otherwise a good performance again but a frustrating end. Wished we would have spent some money on a striker who can score even if it hadv'e been from Division 1 but it wasn't to be. Just hope we start putting the ball in the net soon.

Comment

I can understand all of your post mate and yes i'm as frustrated and annoyed as anyone. We have picked up some great wins and draws against sides up the top so its also swings and roundabouts and in a logical world it would be the other way around. But isn't that QPR all over, has been for years unfortunately. Hopefully next week we will see a much more attacking line up(Morrison, LuaLua, and maybe Freeman) and get a win and then Ollie will feel like he can't drop them and things will improve. I'm just trying not to get too ####ed off about it cos it was otherwise a good performance again but a frustrating end. Wished we would have spent some money on a strike who can score even if it hadv'e been from Division 1 but it wasn't to be. Just hope we start putting the ball in the net soon.

I think the thing that's got to me more than anything is how pleased I was with the window and that mini purple patc we had that I just didn't see the Burton and Blackburn losses coming.

I expected us to be 10-12 points clear of the bottom 3 now rather than looking over our shoulders again. You also know as many of the othe posters do that this league is extremely cruel at times.

I just hope we get a bit of luck in the next few games and pull clear. If we can stay up this season then I think next year we could push on around the top 10 and maybe push for the top 6 which as fans I think we all need a season like that again!

Comment

[QUOTE=maidstone_hoop;1609160]I think we actually do have fighters in the team now and a team pride. We just can't afford to keep losing games like this where we have dominated and keep saying we were unlucky.

Ollie has brought many positives to the clubs but as other posters have said he also makes some odd choices at times. For me Lua Lua came on against the best team in the league on Wednesday and was a genuine attacking threat! He delivered two quality crosses and we scored from one!

We bring Smith on today and leave Lua Lua onthe bench until the 90th minute in a must win game. Things like this will cost us.

Anyway hopefully the new players just need a bit of time to get use to each other and we will be ok and kick on next season![/QUOTE]

And we need to find the key which can unlock a well organised defence.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                                I think we actually do have fighters in the team now and a team pride. We just can't afford to keep losing games like this where we have dominated and keep saying we were unlucky.

Anyway hopefully the new players just need a bit of time to get use to each other and we will be ok and kick on next season!
                                I agree with this, Surely the point of having a big lump up top is to provide him with arial balls.

Comment

Working...
                                X