Skint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    All I'll say is that the owners have put us in this situation - we have no money to spend now because of their over-spending before.
    I'd like to say this will teach them a lesson, but it's the fans that suffer the most IMO.
    I'm pretty sure the owners suffer much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
      Knew someone would say this. Financially for the short-term and what they put in, yes.
      But these are extremely wealthy people, try not to feel too sorry for them...

We'll be the ones still here when they foxtrott oscar - remember that.

Comment

Or just spent the money on the right players? And not paying them an absolute bomb - bit of product knowledge and market research wouldn't of gone a miss when they first took full control in 2011.
        Yet almost zero fans were complaining at the time. Hindsight etc....

Comment

Not sure tactically in the transfer market it would be wise to say "yeah, I've got loads of money to spend in this window"....

Though instead lets have a thread about how clueless we are...

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
            Yet almost zero fans were complaining at the time. Hindsight etc....
            Almost zero fans, that's not all of us...

Bottom line - they put us in this situation, no matter what way you look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
              Suffer a financial loss and an a loss of face. But it ain't really suffering. It's like losing a grand on the horses. bloody #### but it'll work out, spend more or stop gambling.

Reckon they've stopped, thankfully, before they ran us into the ground.

Like them or not, they are good in business. Businesses sometimes fail, even under successful owners. These particular owners have been prudent enough, if only by luck, to put the brakes on before it all went completely, fully, irrepairably, Pete Tong.

Comment

Almost zero fans, that's not all of us...

Bottom line - they put us in this situation, no matter what way you look at it.
                Oh right....you were against all the spending then?

Comment

So losing £250m is only a short term loss? Jesus!
                  I'm glad our owners still have some sense and don't give Ollie much money to spend. Wait until next summer.

Comment

Makes you laugh Brian doesn't it.

Comment

Knew someone would say this. Financially for the short-term and what they put in, yes.
                      But these are extremely wealthy people, try not to feel too sorry for them...

We'll be the ones still here when they foxtrott oscar - remember that.
                      Yeah but it's a business to owners and a job to managers and players. For us as fans it's a passion that we expect to pay for. Tony has put a lot of cash in over the years to try to get us to be a stable prem team. It just hasn't worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                        Holloway just on sky saying he has to get rid of players to get new ones in as no money available.

Also said we have no money and won't for the near future either.

It sounds grim and also sounds like,e he is being given fark all funds for new players

It was a bit of a eye opener interview for me didn't realise we won't be investing any more at all.

I was not expecting a huge investment from the owners but some would have been good

It was depressing .
                        Does not surprise me at all,this has been coming for a long time debt written off..........no way

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
                          Makes you laugh Brian doesn't it.
                          laugh or cry James, not sure which

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                            Oh right....you were against all the spending then?
                            Let's not put words in my mouth Brian.

I wasn't against the spending as a whole, I was against the signings when I heard about the astronomical wages and contracts we were handing out for average players.

Comment

Jesus just caught up on this thread

Club doing what majority of fans asked it to do by spending wisely, not wasting money and returning to how it used to operate but now fans don't like the taste of being tighter with the money they want money to be spent again!!!! Flip flops springs to mind

Hate to see the personal finances of some posters spend spend spend bet some live day to day and hand to mouth

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                Jesus just caught up on this thread

Club doing what majority of fans asked it to do by spending wisely, not wasting money and returning to how it used to operate but now fans don't like the taste of being tighter with the money they want money to be spent again!!!! Flip flops springs to mind

Hate to see the personal finances of some posters spend spend spend bet some live day to day and hand to mouth
                                Yes and no Wests. You'd like to see some of the money recouped re-invested in players, surely?

Now maybe we are just playing the game, pleading poverty so we don't get taken to the cleaners or maybe something else is going on. Either way, selling a handful of players and replacing them with loans is definitely not what I've seen any fans asking for!
                                Last edited by Tarbie; 12-01-2017, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X