Skint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    This isn't necessarily directed at you, but...

Think I'm just fed up of people defending TF to the hills and making excuses for him, purely on the basis of either thinking he is a nice guy, or that we'll go bust if too many people criticise him - you can like the man and still admit he is a shocking owner, that's what I do anyway...
    I'm with you mate, on the whole his tenure as our chairman has been a massive failure. Like him as a bloke, seems very amiable, but as a football chairman he's been shocking.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
      I was shot down for predicting exactly this a few days ago,the orange ninja having a particular go at me when I said Holloway would be given very little from player sales ,anyway Holloway has backed up exactly what I said,unfortunately that's NOT good news for us in our relegation battle.
      Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      Could see this a long while ago and as far back as Harry's knee gate!!
      Yes, I too could see it and said so in my wake up and smell the coffee thread in May or June 2015 and also got shot down.

league 1 beckons again and Ollie must be feeling like a bit of Deja Vu.

Comment

• Jon Toral would have been a decent loan signing
        Gone to Sevco for the remainder of this season

Comment

• I think a loan move for Ainsley Maitland-Niles would be worth a punt. Wouldn't cost much in wages and is very versatile as well as having a done a year in the Championship.
          If we're going to take the cheap League One route, Matty Taylor's contract comes up in the summer

Comment

I was shot down for predicting exactly this a few days ago,the orange ninja having a particular go at me when I said Holloway would be given very little from player sales ,anyway Holloway has backed up exactly what I said,unfortunately that's NOT good news for us in our relegation battle.
            Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Do you really think its so easy to run and make a small club succesfull with just money?
            There are loads of clubs bigger than us and with more success history a hell of a lot worse off.
            We are where we have always been, second division struggling.
            We have had a taste of the prem and a play off final win to take to the grave with us.
            Would any other clubs fans in the division swap our five years with theirs?
            Lets hope and pray we can have another taste of something again instead of sla gging every single thing to do with the club off all the time.
            So why are Bournemouth not in any way as shockingly bad as QPR were in the 1st 2 seasons up?
            Lets face it The current owners whilst being likeable people have been shambolic at running a football club.

We didnt ask or want marquee signings like Park Bosingwa airplanes 80,000 per week wages etc, just a few signings to make Warnock's team competetive.

Instead TF sacked him and embarked on some ridiculous spending on the advice of Hughes and his mate. Then along came Redknapp.
            Even then he could have salvaged this by appointing Pulis, but no he didn't.

And dont say hindsight blah blah because some were calling for this.

Now QPR are in a deep hole.

Comment

• Skint and on our knees if you believe the the thread on lfw you might not see much more of TF and co OOC not going to happen now looking at the Linford Christy

Comment

• What's the score with our debt because UEFA list us as the club with the 5th highest debt in Europe at €279m!!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...united-9610594

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
                  What's the score with our debt because UEFA list us as the club with the 5th highest debt in Europe at €279m!!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...united-9610594
                  Portsmouth all over again ???

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    Portsmouth all over again ???
                    Have you seen the club's in the top 10. It's been a monumental #### up from TF and Co. They should be ashamed tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      So why are Bournemouth not in any way as shockingly bad as QPR were in the 1st 2 seasons up?
                      Lets face it The current owners whilst being likeable people have been shambolic at running a football club.

We didnt ask or want marquee signings like Park Bosingwa airplanes 80,000 per week wages etc, just a few signings to make Warnock's team competetive.

Instead TF sacked him and embarked on some ridiculous spending on the advice of Hughes and his mate. Then along came Redknapp.
                      Even then he could have salvaged this by appointing Pulis, but no he didn't.

And dont say hindsight blah blah because some were calling for this.

Now QPR are in a deep hole.
                      Good to see there are a few sensible people left on this board

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                        At the end of the day i dont see him as shocking at all, hes tried to do best for us employing people who should of turned out better for us but for whatever reasons they havnt! If he didnt gove a monkeys hed never be here to watch us play for a start, feel for him as hes turned into a supporter like all of us & hes got the passion for us, so just cos these people have kept letting us down hes employed! Can imagine it to be difficult to get the right blend of everything when all these so called experienced pros let him down, what else can he do but carry on, but personally ic i was him and getting the flack he gets id do one!
                        Ahhh mate, someone can be a really nice person and try hard - but ultimately still be shocking. I think this fits TF perfectly.
                        Trying his best doesn't mean he's a good charman. And yes it's difficult etc etc. I've heard it from all TF backers but ultimately the facts show, he's been shocking...

If he weren't such an open nice guy, and was more like a Celino; would you still think he's done a good job?

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          Wigan went from prem and FA Cup winners to league 1 within 2 years. Fulham went from Europa League finalists to 20th in the champ in 6 years.
                          Still can't run a football club.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                            Still can't run a football club.
                            I love how people say Wigan did this, Fulham did that. Difference being, they weren't racking up debt to the tune of €300m. It's alright though, TF is a top man....

Comment

• I don't think anyone will deny last 4-5 years have been dire.

However I don't share the blind panic over lack of funds this transfer window. Ollie has a record of won 3 and lost 7. At this stage the owners will likely be feeling nervous about investing too much in players he wants in case he doesn't work out and they have to do the same all over again in the summer with someone else. Makes more sense to cash in on some flops, shift some wages and try and muddle through to the summer by which time they will know whether Ollie will have worked out or not and, if not, who will be manager going into next season.

Doesn't make it much fun for us as means another few months of dire football and uncertainty. Would be sensible way forward though.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                                I don't think anyone will deny last 4-5 years have been dire.

However I don't share the blind panic over lack of funds this transfer window. Ollie has a record of won 3 and lost 7. At this stage the owners will likely be feeling nervous about investing too much in players he wants in case he doesn't work out and they have to do the same all over again in the summer with someone else. Makes more sense to cash in on some flops, shift some wages and try and muddle through to the summer by which time they will know whether Ollie will have worked out or not and, if not, who will be manager going into next season.

Doesn't make it much fun for us as means another few months of dire football and uncertainty. Would be sensible way forward though.
                                At the moment we're £10m in profit on transfers for this season. Last season we made a loss of £5m on transfers overall. So in 18 months we're £5m in profit. If we spend £5m in January, we technically haven't spent a penny in two years on transfers.

The problem is now they're running out of players to sell to bring in decent money, which means we won't be bringing in players for a fee, which means no players of certain quality coming through the door, which means fighting for Championship survival. It's a slippery slope and we're only heading one way under this ownership and it's all down to their complete mismanagement. As someone said earlier, if Cellino was our owner, there would be protests left, right and centre!

Comment

Working...
                                X