Skint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    So I'm right, some aren't willing to say or believe we are where are because of this ownership.

We should never have been let down by managers and advisors - the owners should of employed the correct people. Done some research before seeing the pounds and their names up in lights. It was all amateur stuff that put us in this position from an ownership point of view, and as far as I can see it's not getting any better.

IMO, the buck stop with the ownership (as they've always said themselves) so why we are looking at excuses to blame anyone other than them is beyond me.
    Name a club with a more catastrophic fall from grace (with one ownership inside 5 years without going bust), pitch wise, financially wise and publicity wise.
    Realistically we probably have the worst owners in the country.

I'm sorry but if we weren't QPR fans and were looking at this club from the outside - we'd think 'shambles'.
    Do you really think its so easy to run and make a small club succesfull with just money?
    There are loads of clubs bigger than us and with more success history a hell of a lot worse off.
    We are where we have always been, second division struggling.
    We have had a taste of the prem and a play off final win to take to the grave with us.
    Would any other clubs fans in the division swap our five years with theirs?
    Lets hope and pray we can have another taste of something again instead of sla gging every single thing to do with the club off all the time.

Comment

• Les and Ollie have given us hugely conflicting reports???
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Do you really think its so easy to run and make a small club succesfull with just money?
        There are loads of clubs bigger than us and with more success history a hell of a lot worse off.
        We are where we have always been, second division struggling.
        We have had a taste of the prem and a play off final win to take to the grave with us.
        Would any other clubs fans in the division swap our five years with theirs?
        Lets hope and pray we can have another taste of something again instead of sla gging every single thing to do with the club off all the time.
        Sorry mate I just can't agree with this and look at it through rose tinted glases.
        I can't make excuses for them and be positive for the sake of being positive when this sort of topic gets brought up.

They can't run a football club IMO and that's that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
          Les and Ollie have given us hugely conflicting reports???
          Not really. Ollie said exactly the same but for some reason it was taken out of context. He clearly said he has to sell to make funds available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
            Not really. Ollie said exactly the same but for some reason it was taken out of context. He clearly said he has to sell to make funds available.
            Exactly. Then everyone lost their minds.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Which is exactly what has to be done under the FFP system, think some fans think we can just spend what we want to, when we get 16,000 crowds. TF see's this, and is one of the reasons he is looking at a new stadium(not the only reason I know) but I am not sure a few fans realize this. TF has made mistakes yes but he does get some unfair stick too.

Comment

He also said hes loving working with Les and Hoos as there taking care of all the rubbish and letting him crack on with working with players. That's been missed too

Comment

So I'm right, some aren't willing to say or believe we are where are because of this ownership.

We should never have been let down by managers and advisors - the owners should of employed the correct people. Done some research before seeing the pounds and their names up in lights. It was all amateur stuff that put us in this position from an ownership point of view, and as far as I can see it's not getting any better.

IMO, the buck stop with the ownership (as they've always said themselves) so why we are looking at excuses to blame anyone other than them is beyond me.
                  Name a club with a more catastrophic fall from grace (with one ownership inside 5 years without going bust), pitch wise, financially wise and publicity wise.
                  Realistically we probably have the worst owners in the country.

I'm sorry but if we weren't QPR fans and were looking at this club from the outside - we'd think 'shambles'.
                  If you look back at my reply to your post that's pretty much exactly what I meant. We all know the buck stops with the owners mate, that doesn't mean we can't highlight the people they hired's failings.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    Which is exactly what has to be done under the FFP system, think some fans think we can just spend what we want to, when we get 16,000 crowds. TF see's this, and is one of the reasons he is looking at a new stadium(not the only reason I know) but I am not sure a few fans realize this. TF has made mistakes yes but he does get some unfair stick too.
                    Smashing point. It actually don't matter how rich your owners are as some people have made reference to previous. You can be the richest man on the planet but under FFP you can only spend what the club actually generates hence why we want new ground to generate more non matchday and matchday income

Owners wealth is irrelevant

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      If you look back at my reply to your post that's pretty much exactly what I meant. We all know the buck stops with the owners mate, that doesn't mean we can't highlight the people they hired's failings.
                      This isn't necessarily directed at you, but...

Think I'm just fed up of people defending TF to the hills and making excuses for him, purely on the basis of either thinking he is a nice guy, or that we'll go bust if too many people criticise him - you can like the man and still admit he is a shocking owner, that's what I do anyway...

Comment

Depends who you believe. Transfermarkt list Polter's sale as £1.36m, so just over £5m. Might get us two average Championship players or one good one.
                        Yea usually they're pretty on point with it but there is no details of price on either offy and sky reporting it as 3mil so it's a bit more difficult to judge accurately
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Think I'm just fed up of people defending TF to the hills and making excuses for him, purely on the basis of either thinking he is a nice guy, or that we'll go bust if too many people criticise him - you can like the man and still admit he is a shocking owner, that's what I do anyway...
                          At the end of the day i dont see him as shocking at all, hes tried to do best for us employing people who should of turned out better for us but for whatever reasons they havnt! If he didnt gove a monkeys hed never be here to watch us play for a start, feel for him as hes turned into a supporter like all of us & hes got the passion for us, so just cos these people have kept letting us down hes employed! Can imagine it to be difficult to get the right blend of everything when all these so called experienced pros let him down, what else can he do but carry on, but personally ic i was him and getting the flack he gets id do one!
                          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

At the end of the day i dont see him as shocking at all, hes tried to do best for us employing people who should of turned out better for us but for whatever reasons they havnt! If he didnt gove a monkeys hed never be here to watch us play for a start, feel for him as hes turned into a supporter like all of us & hes got the passion for us, so just cos these people have kept letting us down hes employed! Can imagine it to be difficult to get the right blend of everything when all these so called experienced pros let him down, what else can he do but carry on, but personally ic i was him and getting the flack he gets id do one!
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Sorry mate I just can't agree with this and look at it through rose tinted glases.
                              I can't make excuses for them and be positive for the sake of being positive when this sort of topic gets brought up.

They can't run a football club IMO and that's that.
                              Wigan went from prem and FA Cup winners to league 1 within 2 years. Fulham went from Europa League finalists to 20th in the champ in 6 years.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Does anybody have a link to Olly's interview with Sky which started this discussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X