No announcement yet.

Skint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes me laugh and frankly grinds my gears - is the successive constant defence of this ownership. Some won't even acknowledge the plain obvious fact that they have been a shambles. I like Mr Fernandes, and would love a pint with him as well as the next Rs fan - but christ surely you don't love him THAT much, that you refuse to criticise him at all?

It doesn't mean that I'm going to start protesting standing outside LR, so don't worry about that.

My reiterated point is - These HUGELY wealthy owners have put us here with not a pot to #### in, because of their previous over-spending.
    Whether you feel sorry for them and the loss of some of their wealth in QPR is your prerogative, but you cannot deny the cold hard fact of; us going from championshup winners to a relegation battle in the championship, in 5 years, with not a pot to #### in - down to them.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
      Let's not put words in my mouth Brian.

I wasn't against the spending as a whole, I was against the signings when I heard about the astronomical wages and contracts we were handing out for average players.
      No offence West but easy to say now. Biggest mistake board made for me was hiring Ramsey so pretty much giving up on Prem survival.

Comment

Can anyone tell me what our record transfer fee was during this time? 8-10 million max as Samba's supposed fee of 12.5 was actually 7.5. Money was not spent it was spunked to a degree never seen before

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Disagree.

We won't go down, purely as there are 3 worse teams than us. If we can get a decent striker and a creative CM in we will be perfectly fine.
          I agree to a certain extent but were far from certainties to finish out the bottom 3. rotherham Blackburn both turned us over and we fluked a win at wolves. The 2 wins recently will help us confidence wise but we could be spanked live on tv tonight, having said that our games with them are normally dire and i fancy a bore draw

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
            No offence West but easy to say now. Biggest mistake board made for me was hiring Ramsey so pretty much giving up on Prem survival.
            I'm not just saying now in hindsight, I said at the time as well - but you weren't to know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              Yes and no Wests. You'd like to see some of the money recouped re-invested in players surely?

Now maybe we are just playing the game, pleading poverty so we don't get taken to the cleaners or maybe something else is going on. Either way, selling a handful of players and replacing them with loans is definitely not what I've seen any fans asking for!
              Well perhaps time to have this thread is when window closes and we have spent nothing and brought no one in after all don't see many sides in any league having brought anyone in!!! Right or wrong???? What other clubs have announced loads of signings
              Last edited by West Acton; 12-01-2017, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Sell perhaps time to have this thread is when window closes and we have spent nothing and brought no one in after all don't see many sides in any league having brought anyone in!!! Right or wrong???? What other clubs have announced loads of signings
                Absolutely, judge after the window shuts!

But when Ollie comes out with the sort of stuff he did in yesterdays presser, and on the same day the club knock back supporting a club legend with effectively pocket change for them, it's hardly surprising an alarm bell or 2 is going off!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  Well the reason we are paying Ramsey a wage is because he was still contracted when we sacked him as manager and we had the choice of paying him a severance or making use of him in another capacity. As for Sinton, his involvement has always baffled me, all he seems to do is wander round C Club on a match day shaking hands. I'm guessing he ain't getting paid much for it though!
                  Maybe Sinton doubles up as the potman collecting empties on match days?
                  Regarding Ramsey I still can't think of any other club who sacked a pony manager and then found him a job to keep him on.

Comment

Personally, don't see a problem with shipping out the expendable players for decent money (or to get them off the wage bill in the case of Sandro) and getting in loans to tie us over until the summer.
                    Teams tend to panic buy in Jan and long term those players have no use.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
                      Maybe Sinton doubles up as the potman collecting empties on match days?
                      Regarding Ramsey I still can't think of any other club who sacked a pony manager and then found him a job to keep him on.
                      True, but I also can't think of another club that has made their head of youth development first team manager. All we've effectively done is put him to use within another capacity rather than burn money by paying him off. I actually think it was quite a smart move!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                        Biggest mistake board made for me was hiring Ramsey so pretty much giving up on Prem survival.
                        Disagree. Biggest mistake was giving control of the purse strings to a fool like Phillip Beard who had zero football knowledge but was happy to dish out multi millions on crap players and dodgy agents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                          Disagree. Biggest mistake was giving control of the purse strings to a fool like Phillip Beard who had zero football knowledge but was happy to dish out multi millions on crap players and dodgy agents.
                          Philip Beard. The word incompetent doesn't do enough to describe that bloke.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                            Philip Beard. The word incompetent doesn't do enough to describe that bloke.
                            Don't think he was incompetent mate, not in the broader sense. He's been pretty successful in other fields of business. The guy just had absolutely no idea what he was doing in the role he was employed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              Don't think he was incompetent mate, not in the broader sense. He's been pretty successful in other fields of business. The guy just had absolutely no idea what he was doing in the role he was employed!
                              Pretty sure Ginge was talking in a football / QPR capacity not other work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                Thats what I was on about. In the job he had at QPR, he was incompetent.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2