Skint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Tarbie. What can they hope to recoup from the club? They paid in the region of 60-70 million and wasted the best part of 300 million as well. We are limping at best until they have clarification on OOC. To be where we are after 5.5 years is an absolute joke.
    Don't disagree that the situation is a joke.

Just saying that if you are selling a football club (or any other business for that matter), it wouldn't be an unusual move to sell some assets and reduce operating costs. Basically strip any last profit that you can from the business and make the P&L look as attractive as possible in terms of operating costs. Yeah, it's a drop in the ocean compared to what they've spent but if they can recoup 10m quid or so in this window then they are still 10m quid better off when they sell the club.

Flavio & Bernie did exactly the same if you cast your mind back. Next to zero investment in the club in the summer leading up to the sale!

Comment

They did indeed and to be fair to Bernie he bankrolled us in 10/11. If that is the case then why are they paying the likes of Sinton and Ramsay a wage. A total circus with the biggest clown in charge. Not sure he bargained for the OOC decision taking so long anf for Car Giant to oppose it.

Comment

They did indeed and to be fair to Bernie he bankrolled us in 10/11. If that is the case then why are they paying the likes of Sinton and Ramsay a wage. A total circus with the biggest clown in charge. Not sure he bargained for the OOC decision taking so long anf for Car Giant to oppose it.
        Well the reason we are paying Ramsey a wage is because he was still contracted when we sacked him as manager and we had the choice of paying him a severance or making use of him in another capacity. As for Sinton, his involvement has always baffled me, all he seems to do is wander round C Club on a match day shaking hands. I'm guessing he ain't getting paid much for it though!

Comment

Judge the club on Feb the 1st. Not yet.

I will put all your toys back in your prams for you if you stop prematurely throwing them out. Pull your knickers up and let's get behind our club.

Comment

Still a waste as I bet he is on more than the 40-50k needed for the benefit match? Also he left us to go to sheff weds and slagged us off.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
              If we dont invest we will go down simple as that
              Disagree.

We won't go down, purely as there are 3 worse teams than us. If we can get a decent striker and a creative CM in we will be perfectly fine.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Wait till the end of Jan, reading alot into it i reckon.

Ollie is not going to say he's out to splash the cash now is he? 1. Because that's a stupid thing to say, and 2. Because there isn't much. Doesn't mean the club is skint though.

The Stan Bowles thing is a bit more troubling i suppose.

The smart thing to do is to loan the market in Jan, we can afford the kind of players that are going to see us win every bloody game, so we just need to loan and stabilise. Then, unfortunately, again, once more, for the tenth time, overhaul the squad in the summer!

Think back, when have QPR ever really had proper $$$ thrown at a window? The start was clearly Hughes' first Jan window. Arry's consequent windows really took it to a new level, and got us nowhere, except for a handful of decent players and a bigger handful of #### ones. The last of which we only just got shot of. We're simply not filling the stadium, and we're in the championship, the owners, as anyone would be, are reeling still from the implications of losing so much money over the last five years.

Lee Hoos oversaw Burnley when they yo yo'd and somehow the club turned a $35 million profit, while at the same time, we recorded a $46 loss. That was entirely down to player wages and player expenditure. Name 1 good reason why as an owner you would want to follow that route again? We went down with a loss of $18 million more than any other club in 14/15. In that season the majority of clubs turned a profit. Again, all down to player expenditure. From the owners point of view, everything points to spending big money on players = failure, so why do it? It makes no sense.

Despite our current league position there is no guarantee it'll work and i agree. Same reason as to why one manager or player will work in one club and not another, it's down to a certain degree of luck, stubborness and trial/error. We need new playing staff, but spending the dough ain't gonna guarantee it pays off. So, loan, youth and smart buying given the time of year, is prudent.

So, no, i don't think it's all doom and gloom, there's probably enough to allow us to get in 1 or 2, the club is secure in it's status, but perhaps the owners have had enough.

If TF and co. are just biding time for OOC and plan to sell, fine, we are still a London FC, we'll find plenty keen, and perhaps a new ownership would give us some much needed direction (In one direction not 5 different ones as has been).

Comment

I'm beginning to think that you consider Tony to be some type of clown.

Comment

Knew this sh*t wasn't far away ffs oh well maybe we can become afc qpr or something

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      Yeah, I get the impression something is going on behind the scenes.

Perhaps the Ollie appointment wasn't the master stroke in appeasing the fans that Fernandes thought he was getting and he's decided he's had enough. Wouldn't blame him, the amount of abuse he gets after ploughing so much of his own cash in. I'd have admitted defeat a long time ago if I was him!

If a sale is on the cards, what we are seeing now would be typical. Liquidate some assets to appease the shareholders that are basically going to walk away have made multi-million pound losses, soften the blow a bit. Don't make any big splashes, see the season out with loan players and keep the operation as lean as possible.
                      I really hope so.

Just need to try and stay in this division then hope for someone competent to buy us.
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Ablockhoop View Post
                        Judge the club on Feb the 1st. Not yet.

I will put all your toys back in your prams for you if you stop prematurely throwing them out. Pull your knickers up and let's get behind our club.
                        Great post mate.

Comment

All I'll say is that the owners have put us in this situation - we have no money to spend now because of their over-spending before.
                          I'd like to say this will teach them a lesson, but it's the fans that suffer the most IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                            All I'll say is that the owners have put us in this situation - we have no money to spend now because of their over-spending before.
                            I'd like to say this will teach them a lesson, but it's the fans that suffer the most IMO.
                            They should have listened to all the fans telling them not to spend money back in the Prem days.

Comment

Everyone knows we don't have money, just look at the revenue we generate and the size of the club. If you think we were going to splash the cash again then your a dick.

Most people wanted us to stop spending and buy cheap players from lower league and turn them into superstars. Don't complain when we try this but aren't in the PL overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                                They should have listened to all the fans telling them not to spend money back in the Prem days.
                                Or just spent the money on the right players? And not paying them an absolute bomb - bit of product knowledge and market research wouldn't of gone a miss when they first took full control in 2011.

Comment

Working...
                                X