Guirassy and Ngbakoto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
    I highly doubt it's us. It makes zero sense. We bid under £1m for him and now suddenly we're bidding €3m? Not for me, it's just not how we're doing things.

It makes far more sense that he's off to Wolves unfortunately. I'd guess this deal was dead after having our second bid rejected.

I'd loved to be proved wrong but I guess we'll know this weekend as if it's us, he'll be announced tomorrow or on the pitch Sunday.
    Wolves are going to struggle this season I think though.
    Looks like they could be making the mistakes we made of throwing money around for players.
    There was a story in paper this week about a player Talasca from Benfica who they are set to sign for £15million, but is literally using Wolves as a stepping stone already to move on.
    If Wolves don't get promoted this season he will be gone.

Comment

I highly doubt it's us. It makes zero sense. We bid under £1m for him and now suddenly we're bidding €3m? Not for me, it's just not how we're doing things.

It makes far more sense that he's off to Wolves unfortunately. I'd guess this deal was dead after having our second bid rejected.

I'd loved to be proved wrong but I guess we'll know this weekend as if it's us, he'll be announced tomorrow or on the pitch Sunday.
      I understand exactly what you're saying but just a little baffling that all the French reports are saying its QPR. So far i haven't seen ANY reports of it being Wolves or anyone else until that twitter post a few hours ago. Not sure what to think.

Comment

• Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
        Wolves are going to struggle this season I think though.
        Looks like they could be making the mistakes we made of throwing money around for players.
        There was a story in paper this week about a player Talasca from Benfica who they are set to sign for £15million, but is literally using Wolves as a stepping stone already to move on.
        If Wolves don't get promoted this season he will be gone.
        Unfortunately 99% of players will follow the money and of course they'll be using Wolves as a stepping stone, just like they'd be using us.

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
          I understand exactly what you're saying but just a little baffling that all the French reports are saying its QPR. So far i haven't seen ANY reports of it being Wolves or anyone else until that twitter post a few hours ago. Not sure what to think.
          As far as I'm aware it's common knowledge we're the most serious suitors and therefore once it become public everyone put 2 and 2 together.

I just don't see us going from bidding under £1m to roughly £2.5m now. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Comment

As far as I'm aware it's common knowledge we're the most serious suitors and therefore once it become public everyone put 2 and 2 together.

I just don't see us going from bidding under £1m to roughly £2.5m now. Hopefully I'm wrong.
            We've probably offered more now as in a desperate situation.
            Could be a sell on fee agreed, plus a few other bonuses.

If we miss out on him, I hope he has a right poo season.

Comment

• Wolves fans don't seem to know anything apart from the telegraph reporter linking them tonight.

Comment

We've probably offered more now as in a desperate situation.
                Could be a sell on fee agreed, plus a few other bonuses.

If we miss out on him, I hope he has a right poo season.
                Possibly but then we're going against everything we've said. Our second bid was for under £1m, so we obviously value him nowhere near the reported agreed fee of £2.5m.

As you say, maybe it's desperation and the kid will have a sell on value in a few years so maybe we've gambled so to speak.

I'm not very optimistic myself and do think it's another club, despite the reports coming out of France. I'll be delighted if I'm wrong though.

Comment

Possibly but then we're going against everything we've said. Our second bid was for under £1m, so we obviously value him nowhere near the reported agreed fee of £2.5m.

As you say, maybe it's desperation and the kid will have a sell on value in a few years so maybe we've gambled so to speak.

I'm not very optimistic myself and do think it's another club, despite the reports coming out of France. I'll be delighted if I'm wrong though.
                  I read that the first bid was around the £1million mark which was then turned down as they valued him around 2-2.5mill and this would now be our 2nd bid.
                  If we do lose out as someone has bid the £2-2.5mill valuation then I hope he flops bigtime.
                  Clearly he looks like he has been our main target, and the money was there from the Fer and Phillips deals.

I reckon we have got him though.

Comment

• Really clutching at straws now.
                    Having the number 23 on his shirt is important to him, no idea why.

We release our Squad Numbers for next season, but the number 23 is vacant.

Comment

Really clutching at straws now.
                      Having the number 23 on his shirt is important to him, no idea why.

We release our Squad Numbers for next season, but the number 23 is vacant.
                      Haha didn't we move Robinson from number 15 to accommodate Bodvarsson....

Comment

• Be surprised if we do make an announcement of him signing today,can't recall us ever doing so on a wknd..hope I'm wrong tho and get the deal done sharpish.

Comment

• Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                          http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...-yeni-ngbakoto

Comment

• Sorry - forgot to put a foot note.Wolves met up with the player,we're awaiting decision.

Comment

• Sounds like our only hope is he prefers the ghetto that is london to the sh it hole that is Wolverhampton.

Comment

• Originally posted by knocker View Post
                                Sounds like our only hope is he prefers the ghetto that is london to the sh it hole that is Wolverhampton.
                                Shepherds bush is hardly a ghetto. Bet you can't afford to live there?!
                                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                                X