Guirassy and Ngbakoto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Personally think if it's an injury as opposed to a long term health issue, we should go for him irrespective.
    You cannot be serious!!

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
      You cannot be serious!!
      If it's a known 2 month injury and we know the player's pedigree and we can get a cut price deal because of his injury (as was the case for Matty Phillips with his broken arm) then I don't see why not. If the medical had failed because he has a recurring injury or long term health condition, we should not go for him. It's not difficult to be serious about that.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

If it's a known 2 month injury and we know the player's pedigree and we can get a cut price deal because of his injury (as was the case for Matty Phillips with his broken arm) then I don't see why not. If the medical had failed because he has a recurring injury or long term health condition, we should not go for him. It's not difficult to be serious about that.
        A player would not fail a medical because of a broken arm. We didn't get a cut price deal on Phillips because of a broken arm. Just saying mate

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
          A player would not fail a medical because of a broken arm. We didn't get a cut price deal on Phillips because of a broken arm. Just saying mate
          Oh I miswrote it, the bracket was for the point prior. Matty's injury was irrelevant to his price of course but this may be.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
            yep, both remy and austin failed medicals at other clubs and went on to do bloody well for us. depending on this guy's condition, there is no reason why he cannot do the same.
            "Failed Medical" is an interesting term.

All a medical does is highlight any injuries or medical conditions a player may have. Obviously if you play a sport for a living you are going to have niggles/injuries and as such, very few players out there are going to have a medical report come back 100% clean. As far as I'm aware, "failing" a medical is really a matter of perception. It is really down to the club and their insurers how much of a risk they are prepared to take.

As a few other have pointed out, Charlie failed a medical at Hull for a knee injury he picked up on a building site as a teenager. You'd assume our medical team also picked up on the same injury, but we were more inclined to take a chance!

Also Sandro's medical would obviously have highlighted the fact that his knee had been basically rebuilt after a serious ACL injury. And as for Bobby Zamora.......well I doubt there was any point even doing a medical because he was falling to bits by the time we signed him!
            Last edited by Tarbie; 18-07-2016, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Personally think if it's an injury as opposed to a long term health issue, we should go for him irrespective.
              Depending of what injury it is, but if the prognosis is good and the price is tight - go for him.

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
                Depending of what injury it is, but if the prognosis is good and the price is tight - go for him.
                Why is he that good that we need to take a chance?

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                  Why is he that good that we need to take a chance?
                  He's only 20 and he's one of the hottest properties in french football. It'll be a sign of intent from the club as to our long term aspirations.

Comment

He's only 20 and he's one of the hottest properties in french football. It'll be a sign of intent from the club as to our long term aspirations.
                    If you say so. Sure you're going to spout stats to prove it.

Comment

He's not as good as Phillips, Fer or Chery in your FIFA cards....

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        He's not as good as Phillips, Fer or Chery in your FIFA cards....

Haha he's got a few years to catch up.

Comment

I'd take a gamble on him like they did with Austin, only this time with an option to extend his contract.

Comment

Falls into the catagory of something different,flair player. Don't care who but sign someone who excites me. At the moment we have only signed solid players.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                              Yeah ! No one fails a medical with us !
                              lol

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                              yep, both remy and austin failed medicals at other clubs and went on to do bloody well for us. depending on this guy's condition, there is no reason why he cannot do the same.
                              Hmmm, I'd set the 'depending on condition' bar pretty high. A medical isn't just saying this guy is basically sound, these days a medical should reveal core fitness. Sandro and Rio were shot away signings, yes Sandro could come back but look at the wages etc in the meantime.

I thought this was supposed to be a new era, no more gambles. I'd rather pay a bit more for someone fit than take the crumbs that have fallen from someone else's table.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                                lol

Hmmm, I'd set the 'depending on condition' bar pretty high. A medical isn't just saying this guy is basically sound, these days a medical should reveal core fitness. Sandro and Rio were shot away signings, yes Sandro could come back but look at the wages etc in the meantime.

I thought this was supposed to be a new era, no more gambles. I'd rather pay a bit more for someone fit than take the crumbs that have fallen from someone else's table.
                                Crumbs of a grand phesant or a freshly made bowl of slop sir hahaha.

Just jking mate. Understand your point.
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Working...
                                X