January 2016 transfer rumour and twitter thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    I have to disagree totally. Consider the fact that I'd say he's been one of our better players this season when played in his correct position, couple that with his incredible run when he actually got games last season and the fact that he got injured as he was hitting good form the season before and I'd say if anything, his stock should have gone up massively from where it began.
    Couldn't get a game under Harry before the injury but granted he did change games when he come on. Played well for two months last season and this season been played out of position largely but been hit and miss for me.

Football is all about opinions but I've been a bit disappointed with Matty and I'm not really fussed if he moves on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
      Couldn't get a game under Harry before the injury but granted he did change games when he come on. Played well for two months last season and this season been played out of position largely but been hit and miss for me.

Football is all about opinions but I've been a bit disappointed with Matty and I'm not really fussed if he moves on.
      That's fair enough mate, but again, he couldn't get a game under harry for no logical reason and because Harry (and myself) mistook Vargas for being a winger over a striker.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Derby County FC to splash £5million for Peterborough United FC’s Conor#Washington winnersports.co.uk/derby-county-f…

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordy View Post
          Derby County FC to splash £5million for Peterborough United FC’s Conor#Washington winnersports.co.uk/derby-county-f…
          That would take their spending to almost £30m for the season!

Comment

• Derby's spending is absolutely ridiculous.

FFP is a mockery. What if Derby don't go up? They'll be under an embargo but so what, they'll already have a squad capable of going up. It's a shambles.

Teams are spending big money to go up and not arsed about being put under an embargo as they'll already have a strong squad.

Comment

• Burnley are the team to beat at the moment, suspect Derby are doing their annual panic and freefall
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Derby's spending is absolutely ridiculous.

FFP is a mockery. What if Derby don't go up? They'll be under an embargo but so what, they'll already have a squad capable of going up. It's a shambles.

Teams are spending big money to go up and not arsed about being put under an embargo as they'll already have a strong squad.
                Complete and utter mockery, the FFP is an absolute joke. Strange how we have been so heavily criticised across football for it, yet other clubs are all doing exactly the same or worse. Total joke and has it helped Bolton ????

Comment

Derby's spending is absolutely ridiculous.

We still need to find out our fate for the same thing. Derby were one of the teams pushing for this. Their fans recognise that they will probably get a fine, so they know they are taking a gamble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                    Derby County FC to splash £5million for Peterborough United FC’s Conor#Washington winnersports.co.uk/derby-county-f…
                    This is where we appear as Mugs in terms of Charlies sale...how can an established Player who has proved he is more than capable of scoring in the Premiership and been in the england squad
                    be worth a million Quid less than someone from league one!

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post
                      This is where we appear as Mugs in terms of Charlies sale...how can an established Player who has proved he is more than capable of scoring in the Premiership and been in the england squad
                      Dont think Washington is worth 5 million, but if Derby is prepared to pay that . . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post
                        Maybe as his contract has 5 months to run?
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                          Dont think Washington is worth 5 million, but if Derby is prepared to pay that . . . .
                          This is also Where FFP will never work properly..there is always someone to Artificially inflate the Market and then all other players will be judged by that. Time for a salary cap and a transfer cap. or have a trading system like in the state

Comment

• Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                            Maybe as his contract has 5 months to run?
                            I don't think you are going to be able to explain this to people who don't want to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                              I don't think you are going to be able to explain this to people who don't want to understand.
                              I understand ..but its just bad management..the £15mill price tag..down to £4 in less than 5 months..a more realistic price tag in the summer..or a longer contract in the first place..i just think that our prize asset was handled badly. he was never going to stay even if we had gone straight back up. we should have sold him for a more realistic price in the summer. even £8 mill looks good now!

Comment

• Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                                We still need to find out our fate for the same thing. Derby were one of the teams pushing for this. Their fans recognise that they will probably get a fine, so they know they are taking a gamble.
                                It is a mockery, you need to be capped at the beginning of the season. If you are promoted or not that should not make a difference to whether you have broken the FFP. The rules are sh!te and the reason most clubs escape without a fine or a relatively small fine. Think they were put in place to stop the real big boys - City, Chelsea etc - and dont filter down in a way that works in the lower leagues.

Comment

Working...
                                X