Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ruislip Ranger View Post
    Or a closet Chelscum fan.
    Thats incredible. A 67% negativity rating in general, but in the QPR Chat section still an incredible 100% negativity. Unbelievable Jeff
    Last edited by nasser95; 19-10-2015, 10:00 PM.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Thats incredible. A 67% negativity rating in general, but in the home section still an incredible 100% negativity. Unbelievable Jeff
      Me voting out of the Euro is a negative post? Clutching at straws their young man

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruislip Ranger View Post
        Me voting out of the Euro is a negative post. Care you back that?
        ... My bad, meant the QPR Chat. Haven't been anywhere but on this forum.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Stats will always pertain to us. The issue I see with your original post is that you state we have no financial backing, no tactical nouse, no great players and no experience. And yet, you forget that we have had all of these recently, just never together. We have financial backing with great players but no tactical nouse (yet) and limited experience at this moment in time. With HR here for a long time we had Financial backing, Good players in general and plenty of experience but no real tactical nouse. With MH here we had Financial backing, Tactical nouse (to a degree, although he showed capability of it in the past and more recently), with (some) great players but no experience. And with Warnock here, we had Tactical nouse, one great player, plenty of experience but no financial backing for a long time. So all of this does pertain to QPR, just because the examples i've used don't doesn't mean the concepts they run can't.
          Still disagree but fair play to you Nasser, your fighting a losing battle, all the other positive/happy clapper lot have left you to fight the Ramsey Battle by yourself.
          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

They named a role the 'Claude Makelele' role. Its that simple yet effective player who isn't particularly talented, isn't creative, can't do much in the box, isn't tall, but he makes simple passes to creative players and breaks up play effectively and efficiently. That's the makelele role.
            Nass, if I say The water Carrier, you'll know who I mean. At Chelsea before Makelele.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              Nass, if I say The water Carrier, you'll know who I mean. At Chelsea before Makelele.
              No no I get that, But they actually named the role the makelele. Like, you can type into google makelele role and you'll get loads of things coming up.

Comment

No no I get that, But they actually named the role the makelele. Like, you can type into google makelele role and you'll get loads of things coming up.
                Yeah I see, fair enough, I seem to remember similar. Just like the others, was pointing out it's nothing new, but with a more updated example.

Comment

• Nasser a bit of devils Advocate (you know I'm usually on your side)

Warburton left Brentford as the owner stated he wanted to use stats and analysis to identify players and who should ultimately play - they currently sit 19th (I grant you we aren't that far in to the season) but so far it seems that thus policy doesn't work to date in the championship...

Just thought I'd mention it (not to say that stats don't gave their place as I believe they do but aren't the be all and end all)

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
                    Nasser a bit of devils Advocate (you know I'm usually on your side)

Warburton left Brentford as the owner stated he wanted to use stats and analysis to identify players and who should ultimately play - they currently sit 19th (I grant you we aren't that far in to the season) but so far it seems that thus policy doesn't work to date in the championship...

Just thought I'd mention it (not to say that stats don't gave their place as I believe they do but aren't the be all and end all)
                    No I actually agree with you and it doesn't always work (Baldini at liverpool springs to mind as well) but when it works, it works very very well and Arsene Wenger, Sir Alex and many other top managers have gotten where they are by using stats. Now, we don't necessarily have to go and buy players on stats but they should definitely IMO be used to identify flaws in the team and alter them. There are plenty of things to look at in the game but stats when used right can actually break every single second of the game down into incredible detail. These small things matter and should be used in conjunction with what you can see. Ignoring them and saying things like "the only stat that matters is games won" or some BS along those lines is the sort of stuff that shouldn't be heard when we have information available. Its like not believing the world is round because you haven't seen it from space yourself.

Comment

• This is the stat that worries me though -
                      P. W. D. L. % won
                      Queens Park Rangers England 2 February 2015 Present 28 8 5 15 28.57%

Comment

This is the stat that worries me though -
                        P. W. D. L. % won
                        Queens Park Rangers England 2 February 2015 Present 28 8 5 15 28.57%
                        Not a great read at all is it. But also consider that only 11 of those were champ games. There is obviously something wrong but we can't go chopping and changing every time something goes wrong.

Comment

• Luigi do canio had 12 wins 11 draws 12 loses but the football was exciting and every game - even when we lost - felt like everyone gave their all - I am not certain that claim could be made of the football we have largely seen under CR.

I think when a manager loses the fans no matter the cause it can only go downhill from there. I am aware that managers largely don't affect results but they do affect entertainment value.
                          Last edited by Awin; 20-10-2015, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Luigi do canio had 12 wins 11 draws 12 loses but the football was exciting and every game - even when we lost - felt like everyone gave their all - I am not certain that claim could be made of the football we have largely seen under CR.

I think when a manager loses the fans no matter the cause it can only go downhill from there. I am aware that managers largely don't affect results but they do affect entertainment value.
                            Straight from the mouth of a soccernomics reader haha. This is a key thing and I hope he turns this around and gets something exciting going. I believe firmly that getting the midfield duo right and the full backs correctly chosen is key to this. Sandro and Luongo or Faurlin with Yun and Darnell (if he's back) and we could see some good football.

Comment

• nasser if you compared our stats with sheffield wednesday's stats so far what would the score be tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                                Talking of which, who would have Rosler here?
                                Stay off the pipe

Comment

Working...
                                X