Ramsey backers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    You know Claude makelele was only signed to chelsea because of a statistician? Imagine if he didn't go, we wouldn't have a position existing in the way it does today.
    You're obviously not suggesting Claude Makelele invented the Defensive Midfield position?

Comment

Oooh 5 posts in and you're giving me 5h1t. There's a stat for you to enjoy.
      In fact, lets add to this, of your 5 posts, 3 have pertained to the club, all of which have been negative posts relating to whatever you are replying to. Thats an incredible 60% negativity rate and an even more interesting 100% Negativity on the Home fans section. Pretty impressive that you've managed to outdo most people on here. Keep it up.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by march56 View Post
        the only stat i am interested in is the final score!
        the only stat I'm interested in is Ramsey's crap record.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
          You're obviously not suggesting Claude Makelele invented the Defensive Midfield position?
          They named a role the 'Claude Makelele' role. Its that simple yet effective player who isn't particularly talented, isn't creative, can't do much in the box, isn't tall, but he makes simple passes to creative players and breaks up play effectively and efficiently. That's the makelele role.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

They named a role the 'Claude Makelele' role. Its that simple yet effective player who isn't particularly talented, isn't creative, can't do much in the box, isn't tall, but he makes simple passes to creative players and breaks up play effectively and efficiently. That's the makelele role.
            You mean the Nobby Stiles role? Only people who have only watched football since sky sports have taken over would call it the 'Makelele' position bud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruislip Ranger View Post
              Stick your stats up your arris
              I know I should not laugh but that made me howl

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Oooh 5 posts in and you're giving me 5h1t. There's a stat for you to enjoy.
              And that was quite a witty reply to Nas

Comment

You mean the Nobby Stiles role? Only people who have only watched football since sky sports have taken over would call it the 'Makelele' position bud.
                The fact that you haven't made the assumption that I'm not old enough to have watched Stiles based on my username suggests that you criticise or look down upon others for no reason whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  I know I should not laugh but that made me howl

And that was quite a witty reply to Nas
                  Always hopeful to bring wit wherever I go mate

Comment

The fact that you haven't made the assumption that I'm not old enough to have watched Stiles based on my username suggests that you criticise or look down upon others for no reason whatsoever.
                    Nope. That's you that said that. You said without Claude Makelele going to Chelsea we wouldn't have a position that now exsists. This is a complete nonsense bud, and his position and the role he played in it has been played out for decades.

Not having a go at your stats bud, they're hit and miss but I quite like them, but the Claude Makelele statement is miles off.

Comment

Also, from what I've heard, Nobby Stiles was very much about hyper aggression while makelele was intercepting and closing down the potential passes as opposed to the players themselves. Two very different styles that ultimately may have reached the same goals but the route is extremely different.

Comment

Also, from what I've heard, Nobby Stiles was very much about hyper aggression while makelele was intercepting and closing down the potential passes as opposed to the players themselves. Two very different styles that ultimately may have reached the same goals but the route is extremely different.
                        Frank Rijkaard, Patrick Vieria, Franky van der Elst, Stefan Bailey, Johnny Giles, any of these play the Makelele role? Come on bud, you're being silly.

Comment

• Carlton Palmer

Comment

Or a closet Chelscum fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Carlton Palmer
                              Hahahaha. Worst player of all time. Geezer played for England, absolute shocker!!

Comment

Frank Rijkaard, Patrick Vieria, Franky van der Elst, Stefan Bailey, Johnny Giles, any of these play the Makelele role? Come on bud, you're being silly.
                                None of them did. He was a very very unique player. He didn't have any of the physical attributes these players had and yet he held the position like no other.

Comment

Working...
                                X