Ramsey backers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    The prediction according to the stats website is 2 - 1 however they don't seem to take into account home advantage. We have only lost one at home and Sheffield have only won 1 away from home. Expect at least 3 goals and 2 of those to go into our net. Sheffield haven't lost in 5 league games but we haven't lost in our last 5 matches against sheffield. This would suggest that the most likely statistical result will be a 2 - 2 draw
    Good ol' stats! Didn't predict a nil, nil did they! 😂 I like these stats from the Arsenal v Bayern Munich:

Arsenal passes 200ish v Bayern Munich 600ish
    Arsenal possession 30% v Bayern Munich 70%
    Arsenal 2 v 0 Bayern Munich

I'm sure there are lots of good stats for the Bayern coaches to mull over!

Comment

• Just got back Ramsey is a w###xr
      R's

Comment

• There can't be many Ramsey back left surely?

Comment

• Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
          Good ol' stats! Didn't predict a nil, nil did they! �� I like these stats from the Arsenal v Bayern Munich:

bang on

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
            Why on earth does Ramsey think he's gonna get the best out of Chery and Philips by playing a right footer on the left and a left footer on the right? This will never ever work for us as they are not cut inside and score players like Robben/Ronaldo. Play Philips right and Chery left ffs. All this square pegs in round holes trying to be clever nonsense is just that. Nonsense.
            Fair point Bakes. Is a common theme nowdays for wingers to play on the opposite wings to their natural foot, so dont think its that bad a decision to line up like this. Do agree with you though, i would certainly leave Phillips on the right.

Comment

• Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
              Good ol' stats! Didn't predict a nil, nil did they! �� I like these stats from the Arsenal v Bayern Munich:

You know that possession means very little if you do nothing with it. If you boil down all my work to those 3 lines, you have seriously misunderstood stats and should just avoid talking about it in the future. I have stated numerous times that there are many styles of play and stats will highlight that. Arsenal played on the break in that game and statistically, those 3 lines showed that. They got the ball to the final third much faster than Bayern and as a result, were able to do more damage to a sluggish Munich. Please don't go and #### off statistics just because you don't know how to portray them.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                Fair point Bakes. Is a common theme nowdays for wingers to play on the opposite wings to their natural foot, so dont think its that bad a decision to line up like this. Do agree with you though, i would certainly leave Phillips on the right.
                The thing is that they start the game on their natural side but switch sides a lot.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

The thing is that they start the game on their natural side but switch sides a lot.
                  Don't recall them switching sides at all against Sheffield Wednesday...if they did it wasn't for long

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    Don't recall them switching sides at all against Sheffield Wednesday...if they did it wasn't for long
                    From whoscored.com, they started the game on their natural sides and primarily played on their natural sides (chery left, Phillips right). The heat maps suggest this as well but they did take a few touches on the opposite side at points.

Comment

Please don't go and #### off statistics just because you don't know how to portray them.

Yes stats have feelings guys so leave them alone

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Yes stats have feelings guys so leave them alone
                        Dont know why so many people get angry when he posts stats. He isnt saying he can predict the outcome of a game based on the stats before. If he could im fairy sure he would be on a betting website 24/7.

They are simply facts that help analyse. Think you will find most of the big clubs work with these type of reports nowdays. Why o Why do people get so mad at them?

Comment

Dont know why so many people get angry when he posts stats. He isnt saying he can predict the outcome of a game based on the stats before. If he could im fairy sure he would be on a betting website 24/7.

They are simply facts that help analyse. Think you will find most of the big clubs work with these type of reports nowdays. Why o Why do people get so mad at them?
                          You need a name change mate! How about, Ramsey is Dog sh1t ?

Comment

• Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
                            You need a name change mate! How about, Ramsey is Dog sh1t ?
                            Nah, it serves it purpose. Gets a few bites every now and again.

Comment

Not angry at all RIG was attempt at humour albeit a poor effort by the seems of it

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                Not angry at all RIG was attempt at humour albeit a poor effort by the seems of it
                                was more aimed at the "HAHA YOUR STATS DIDNT GET THE SCORELINE RIGHT" type post above

Comment

Working...
                                X