Ramsey backers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Actually I check the stats at half time so I'm generally only on the game for the 90 and I see the disorganisation and disjointedness but I also see the times where we actually do things right and those are things most other people overlook because the eyes only see what they want.
    Not true in the slightest, if we started playing decent football tomorrow night and it was a performance filled with conviction, desire and some skill then I would be more than happy to give Ramsey a chance.

However there has not been one game this season where this has happened IMO. Even the games we won were nowhere near convincing. With our squad that is not good enough.

Not sure why you think this is going to change. As a man that dedicates a lot of his life to stats and the sort where is the evidence to show that this will happen based on our past performances?

Comment

Can't believe he ain't gone yet........we need an Italian chairman!!

Comment

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics"
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Tbf though, stats are a total nonsense most of the time. The stats can read that we had 80% possession, 100% pass success rate, 95% tackle success rate etc, but if we don't score and they have 1 successful cross and their man is totally unmarked in our box and scores a free header & we lose 1-0, what use are those positive stats? Reading so deeply into such numbers is just massively overcomplicating the very simple basics of the game that we currently cannot get right.
          I actually agree, if you look at the short term, these stats will show you that we didn't accomplish anything in that game. But look deeper at that and you will see that we lost the ball 20% of the time and managed to show in that time an incapability of defending well enough to stop them scoring. So you can get two things from that. 1) the team is good at holding onto the ball and this will be beneficial in the long run to the club. 2) when the team loses the ball, we lack defensive effort, even despite our tackling success. A team may not close down enough and hence having a good success rate could just be down to having made few tackles in a game. Even perhaps, we tried to close down and didn't get a single interception in positions where we needed to. So we use the stats to alter and adapt. If we see a 95% tackle success but only 4 interceptions all game, we train the players to hold off and watch the game from a wider view, look at potential passes and close them down quickly to win interceptions. It will take time to change that but we eventually get it right. Sure, our tackling success rate may go down to 75 or 80 but we then start making 10, 15 interceptions per game in useful positions and the reason was because we looked at the numbers. So I think stats can prove a lot in every way and embracing them is the way forward.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            Can't believe he ain't gone yet........we need an Italian chairman!!
            Talking of which, who would have Rosler here?

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
              Not true in the slightest, if we started playing decent football tomorrow night and it was a performance filled with conviction, desire and some skill then I would be more than happy to give Ramsey a chance.

However there has not been one game this season where this has happened IMO. Even the games we won were nowhere near convincing. With our squad that is not good enough.

Not sure why you think this is going to change. As a man that dedicates a lot of his life to stats and the sort where is the evidence to show that this will happen based on our past performances?
              Wolves away, Rotherham at home, Bolton Home. All games with conviction, desire and periods of great skill. But you choose not to see that and rather look at Fulham away, Charlton Away, etc. I'm not saying that you shouldn't look at those, but you have to see that there are signs of potential and we just need a click in the team for it to work.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                No thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                  Not sure, did great in lge 2 at Brentford, and ok when first at Wigan, but....hmmm dunno.
                  Heres a name no one mentions anymore ..........Brian McDermott.
                  Would you have him here?

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    Wolves away, Rotherham at home, Bolton Home. All games with conviction, desire and periods of great skill. But you choose not to see that and rather look at Fulham away, Charlton Away, etc. I'm not saying that you shouldn't look at those, but you have to see that there are signs of potential and we just need a click in the team for it to work.
                    Weren't they all games that also showed how weak we are?...

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                      "Lies, damned lies, and statistics"
                      Ahh yes the famous phrase by Mark Twain and (apparently) Benjamin D'israeli. They were both authors and generally against the concepts being advanced by science and numericals, rather sticking to their historicals and literature. Doesn't surprise me that they used that phrase when confronted with numbers.

Comment

Would you have him here?
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

He's let himself go a bit, ain't he!

Comment

Weren't they all games that also showed how weak we are?...
                            In one way yes, but in another way they showed that we had the 3 things the cat said we haven't seen this season. Yea, we lacked early defensive discipline against Wolves and Bolton and then we lulled 3/4s of the way through the Rotherham game but we showed Conviction throughout and desire and the goals highlighted great skill in the players. I personally can't believe anyone would call those bad games or weak games from us.

Comment

Not sure, did great in lge 2 at Brentford, and ok when first at Wigan, but....hmmm dunno.
                              Would you have him here?
                              I've always thought that McDermott is a decent manager....knows the game inside out and wouldn't be a bad candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                                I've always thought that McDermott is a decent manager....knows the game inside out and wouldn't be a bad candidate.
                                Seems to have sunk without trace, shep

Comment

Working...
                                X