No announcement yet.

Remy to Liverpool on 5 year deal confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't sound from the latest twitter reports that this deal is in any way confirmed as the Club has apparently only just given Remy permission to talk to Liverpool after agreeing an 8.5 million deal. This should probably be on the twitter thread

BREAKING: Liverpool and QPR have agreed a £8.5m fee for Loic Remy. (Sky Sports)

SunSport Now ‏@SunSportNow · 11m
    QPR have granted Loic Remy permission to speak to Liverpool. #lfc #QPR

Comment

Not like sky to be behind.

The day Rio signed they were telling people he was having his medical the next day...

Comment

Now breaking news on sky in talks now.

Comment

I'm shocked people will be glad to see him go, he's the best goalscorer we've had in YEARS, is proven in the prem, and is going on the cheap. then again, we've always known he was going to go to a bigger club...

We'll probably replace him with Defoe on loan or overpriced championship-fodder. Hopefully we can

Comment

Every player wants to stay until something better comes up. I don't get the posters who say he should f off.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              My brother is a magistrate and was holding court when remy was up for his drink driving charge. Hes not a football fan but knows i like a team called qpr, so he texted me when the case was on saying remy was going to get community service, but he asked for a bigger fine cos he was moving to liverpool in the next two wells and didnt want to be given an order in london. My brother obviously agreed to this and gave him a bigger fine. I dont care if you dont believe me, but i will be proved one million per cent right when he joins them in the next day or two. Take no notice of scouse grandmothers, just believe me. BooooM.
              Your bro lives in Newcastle then? District Judge Stephen Earl
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                Great news. Remy doesn't want to be here & LFC are a club I like very much so I can keep enjoying watching him

Best for everyone & we can move on & sign a striker who wants to play for QPR
                Mixed feelings with this. Suarez didn't want to play for Liverpool, but scored 31. Some people do the job even if they don't love the employer.

Comment

Shame he has gone but if he don't want to be with us then so be it, hopefully we will snap up a couple of half decent strikers. Rather he went to mickey mouseland than north London imo
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

To be honest £8,5million for Remy is an absolute steal to be honest - I appreciate that we wouldn't have signed him in the first place if the release clause hadn't been included in the contract, but he is probably worth twice that. This move was practically inevitable from the day we signed him.

Personally, I can't say that I'm "happy" to see him go; he has after all proven that he will score goals on a regular basis in this league. That said, Fernandes' phrase since we went up has been about signing the "right sort" - a guy arrested for ****, banned from driving, and more than prepared to jump ship (even for ambitious personal reasons) as soon as we went down is not the "right sort" in my book.

Comment

Actually from a business point of view the club won't have done too badly on this. They bought him for 8 million and got 2 million from Newcastle for last season. Presumably only paid his wages for about 7 months (which I assume was 80-90 thousand a week if that is what he insists on being paid now).

Still not sure this is going to happen if he refuses to budge on his wage demands. My understanding is that both Arsenal and Spurs pulled out because of this.

Although Tony would have liked to keep him, I got the impression that Harry was not really keen.
                      Last edited by jmelanie; 19-07-2014, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by madara View Post
                        Every player wants to stay until something better comes up. I don't get the posters who say he should f off.
                        Of course they do. I was sad to see the likes of Parkes, Parker, Bowles, Seaman or Sir Les go (the list is endless), but I just don't like the fella as a person. He's never integrated. Nor said anything positive about our club. So I'm very happy to see him leave.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                          Actually from a business point of view the club has not done too badly on this. They bought him for 8 million and got 2 million from Newcastle for last season. Presumably only paid his wages for about 7 months (which I assume was 80-90 thousand a week if that is what he insists on being paid now).

Although Tony would have liked to keep him, I got the impression that Harry was not really keen.
                          He has been talking up selling Remy pretty much since he took the job - which I don't have a problem with, as long as he has 1 or 2 players lined up to replace him. Judging by our tardiness in the transfer market thus far, I'm not sure he has.

Comment

My preference would be for him to stay but he will be on a very handsome wage, we have already had was it £2mil from Newcastle if we get £8.5mil from Liverpool his overall value to us was nearly £11mil and if you factor in money saved in wages on the remainder of his contract your prob looking at another £5mil so decent chunk of money freed up for the club

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                              He has been talking up selling Remy pretty much since he took the job - which I don't have a problem with, as long as he has 1 or 2 players lined up to replace him. Judging by our tardiness in the transfer market thus far, I'm not sure he has.

Probably finally allow him to bring in Crouch and Defoe....!!

Comment

Borini - 8 Goals in 49 League games - sold for £14M

Remy - 20 Goals in 40 League games - bought for £8.

Comment

Working...
                                X