No announcement yet.

Remy to Liverpool on 5 year deal confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid clause really. Paid £8m for 6 months work for us, he becomes one of the top strikers in the PL the next season and we can't profit off that.

Personally can't wait for the end of this saga and we can get some strikers in that wan to wear the hoops.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
      Totally agree with you 3London! He was worth 8M when he arrived, is now worth AT LEAST double that on the open market yet he is going for 8.5M.

I think this pretty much confirms the existence of the release clause.
      no doubt about it, there is a release clause and I think it was the reason he joined QPR and not Newcastle. I guess he would not have signed if Fernandes had not agreed to it.
      it's a lousy deal for QPR because they paid £8m for him and I presume, VAT on top of that.
      Most sell clauses are usually at a decent profit such as Suarez' £40m and now £80m given that Liverpool paid £25m.
      I guess at the time QPR were not in a bargaining position to insist on a £12m clause.

I hope Remy enjoys sitting on the bench as he did at the World Cup.
      as for his replacement, QPR will find it very difficult to get in a 15 goals a season striker for £8-9m again. Maybe they can hijack the Divock Origi deal Liverpool had going on.

Comment

The Guardian: Fabio Borini's proposed £14m transfer from Liverpool to Sunderland remains in the balance, with the 23-year-old Italian forward not keen on a permanent move to the side he played for on loan last season.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...l-fabio-borini

Remy is Staying then?
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Remy is a class player and deserves the chance to play at a club like liverpool. Good luck to him. Gutted about only getting 8.5 but as we all know he never would of signed if we hadnt of had that clause.
          But now its time to move on and I just hope our fans dont expect a like for like replacement. I really hope the rumour of deeney is true. A player like that will give everything for the cause, is quick and strong and seems to know how to score. Will be handful against the club we need him to be.

Comment

Possibly not relevant but Borini has joined Liverpool on their tour to the US

LFC Fans Corner ‏@LFCFansCorner · 57m
            Borini has travelled (Third left). pic.twitter.com/wPc2mCL8MV

Comment

We gambled on him to keep us up, it didn't work , but Tony got his money back, same for Samba ! Remy is a class player, but missed a lot of games for us and the barcodes , think he has dodgy hamstrings, not sure how many games he will play for the Mickey Mousers next season!

Comment

Will be glad when we finally draw a line under this farcical saga.
                For what we got out of Remy in the entirety of his time here, we should have left him, where we found him.
                Where was that again?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                  For what we got out of Remy in the entirety of his time here, we should have left him, where we found him.
                  Where was that again?
                  Here here.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                    Possibly not relevant but Borini has joined Liverpool on their tour to the US

LFC Fans Corner ‏@LFCFansCorner · 57m
                    Borini has travelled (Third left). pic.twitter.com/wPc2mCL8MV
                    I can't see Sunderland paying £14m for Borini at all....and he's on the plane to USA....no Remy on the plan even though Liverpool Echo saying he would be signed in time....Remy and Borini going nowhere for now?

Comment

• I hope Remy goes and Granero stays,
                      and hope Barton goes and Diakite stays,
                      and yes, cold drinks have been taken

Comment

• Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                        Where was that again?
                        So we sign a player we could only dream of to try and keep us up; then God gorbid Remy wants to play top league football when we go down, plus we get £2m for loaning him out; then how dare he want CL football instead of a relegation battle, plus we sell for £8m which is what we got him for....fair deal to me.

This forum is full of strange and wonderful people.

Comment

• Originally posted by twranger View Post
                          buy low, sell high......the basis of good business isn't it.
                          don't take it personally, not your money is it. No one has ripped you off!
                          Except we are buying low and selling low, so not sure about your business acumen Tee Dubs...

Comment

• Should try and get Borini on a straight trade if the scouters are definitely taking Remy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Stupid clause really. Paid £8m for 6 months work for us, he becomes one of the top strikers in the PL the next season and we can't profit off that.

Personally can't wait for the end of this saga and we can get some strikers in that wan to wear the hoops.
                              How have we not profited? We paid 8mill and got 10.5mill back (8.5 from liverpool, 2 from newcastle).
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                              Geoff Cameron - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Jake Bidwell - 1
                              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                                How have we not profited? We paid 8mill and got 10.5mill back (8.5 from liverpool, 2 from newcastle).
                                Was that really a £2m fee tho or did that merely cover his (by all accounts) fairly extortionate wages?

Comment

Working...
                                X