Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
    No, everything changed for Johnson when Cameron resigned and unexpectedly (but cleverly) passed the responsibility to invoke article 50 to the next Tory leader.
    Boris isn,t stupid, the next Tory Prime Minister will go down in history as the one who pulled us out of Europe (especially if known as a leader of the leave campaign) and with the associated repercussions which will possibly last years before theyfully stabilise, knows we won't get what he promised. He'll be voted out of leadership as quickly as he was voted in, and he knows it full well. He might act the bumbling idiot but he isn't. But he was well and truly 'played' by Cameron here.
    Played? Are you insane? Cameron couldn't play a farking recorder let alone quit to revenge Boris for winning the Brexit vote.

No-one knows what the future holds, you most certainly do not. How do you know the EU wont go down the pan in the next 5-10 years and we would be far better off as a result for leaving the EU?

Comment

No, everything changed for Johnson when Cameron resigned and unexpectedly (but cleverly) passed the responsibility to invoke article 50 to the next Tory leader.
      Boris isn,t stupid, the next Tory Prime Minister will go down in history as the one who pulled us out of Europe (especially if known as a leader of the leave campaign) and with the associated repercussions which will possibly last years before theyfully stabilise, knows we won't get what he promised. He'll be voted out of leadership as quickly as he was voted in, and he knows it full well. He might act the bumbling idiot but he isn't. But he was well and truly 'played' by Cameron here.
      I know what you are saying Saxo, but if he was prepared to join the vote out and campaign for them, surely he has to follow through with it.

After this, i dont have a farking clue what Boris is up to in all honesty.

Comment

Only the radio they are adamant that what Gove did this morning made Boris drastically change his whole stance at the very last moment. No mention of Cameron, as Boris was doing speeches all ready to take power before Gove did for him.

Comment

• If Tories move to right and labour sort themselves out I think Tories will struggle in next election. Big defeat, will signal end for the new leader. And who is that I see coming over the hill.... It's Boris to save the day!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            Only the radio they are adamant that what Gove did this morning made Boris drastically change his whole stance at the very last moment. No mention of Cameron, as Boris was doing speeches all ready to take power before Gove did for him.
            Gove may well have contributed for sure. Who knows what dirt his missus has on Boris.

Comment

• Btw some good news : https://heatst.com/uk/11-countries-g...-with-britain/

You'd expect that of course, it makes perfect sense and was one of the positive arguments for the Vote to leave. If it's true then I'm glad to see these countries have not felt they've needed to wait on seeing what deal the UK gets with the EU first (which many thought might be the case).

Positive stuff.

Comment

Btw some good news : https://heatst.com/uk/11-countries-g...-with-britain/

You'd expect that of course, it makes perfect sense and was one of the positive arguments for the Vote to leave. If it's true then I'm glad to see these countries have not felt they've needed to wait on seeing what deal the UK gets with the EU first (which many thought might be the case).

Positive stuff.
                It is positive stuff mate. No reason why we can't deal with EU states, the former Commonwealth states and the Rest of the World.

Would be great if most of these deals came off, tho I am sceptical untill it actually happens.

Comment

Positive stuff.

Comment

• So I know this is a anti-brexit video (and I know it's a little ironic using a Hitler sketch!) - but I'm sure you can all enjoy it for what it is. Also note the bit near the end 'David just text me - you created this mess - you can deal with it' which aptly refers to the point I was making about Cameron effectively stiffing Boris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a6H...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Positive stuff.
                      Of course it's positive, but why would one have expected anything else?

Must admit, the thing that has shocked me most about this whole thing is the idiotic assumption that those who voted leave are mainly racists. Surely, EVERY country should be able to control immigration in the way that best suits them, if only to be able to plan public services effectively.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                        Michael Gove is a Qpr supporter Shania. You can stop your research now
                        if Alan Johnson goes for the Labour leaders job we could have 2 QPR fans in the top 2 positions
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• So that's why we lost to Iceland.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            Of course it's positive, but why would one have expected anything else?

Must admit, the thing that has shocked me most about this whole thing is the idiotic assumption that those who voted leave are mainly racists. Surely, EVERY country should be able to control immigration in the way that best suits them, if only to be able to plan public services effectively.
                            No one I know has made that assumption (not saying others haven't - can only speak as I find). We all have friends and often even family members that voted to leave - most of whom are not racist (in my case I know a couple - older generation - who most likely are though they would never openly admit it). However, those that are racist almost certainly voted to Leave - I mean that's fairly obvious.

In any case - Immigration always was a red herring and you won't see it change much - that much has already become clear post Brexit.
                            Last edited by Snaxo; 30-06-2016, 03:14 PM.

Comment

No one I know has made that assumption. We all have friends and often even family members that voted to leave - most of whom are not racist (in my case I know a couple - older generation - who most likely are though they would never openly admit it). However, those that are racist almost certainly voted to Leave - I mean that's fairly obvious.

In any case - Immigration always was a red herring and you won't see it change much - that much has already become clear post Brexit.
                              I haven't heard anybody say that we'll agree to anything other than controlled immigration.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                                I haven't heard anybody say that we'll agree to anything other than controlled immigration.
                                We already have control over our non-EU immigration (which we don't really control much...hmm) and the EU have already made it very clear that if we want to trade, we will have to continue to accept the rules over free movement of people.
                                I suspect we might be able to negotiate some controls but it's pretty unlikely they'll affect much in terms of volume in the grand scheme of things....mostly because successive Gov's have already recognised we need the immigration. That's why it's a bloody red herring. The failure is on our Gov(s) to build up uk infrastructure to properly support it. They like to have their cake and eat it and somehow the EU is getting the blame!
                                Last edited by Snaxo; 30-06-2016, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X