Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
    The problem with Boris is I don't think he was really in the out camp but ran with that as it could further his career. We would be better off with someone who actually believes in it.
    Exactly the same with Corbyn, but the other way round. The kind of dishonesty that sums up all that's wrong with politics and why people have become so distrustful of disingenuous politicians - all factors which I believe largely contributed to the Brexit victory. The really sad thing is that Corbyn had been heralded as the great hope for a return to more honest politics. I bet he regrets his stance considering the almighty mess he's now created for himself.

Comment

• Is a free trade agreement the same as the single market? Surely a free trade agreement is an arrangement for countries to trade one with another without imposing tariffs. This generally works to the benefit of both sides. This is maybe a bit simplistic, but why should it involve anything other than this? If for instance we have a free trade agreement with a non EU country, this would simply be an agreement on trade and would not include anything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
        I feel you will end up with a deal like the one Norway have. EEA.
        I can't see how we can have an agreement similar to Norway. The country has expressly voted that they do not want to follow the rules and regulations of the EU which I understand Norway had to sign up to.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
          I can't see how we can have an agreement similar to Norway. The country has expressly voted that they do not want to follow the rules and regulations of the EU which I understand Norway had to sign up to.
          If that is the case, which I think it is, Harold Wilson would have been an even happier man today.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
            it would spark civil war
            you're so dramatic....

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
              you're so dramatic....
              not really Johnny, there are angry people out there on both sides. The result needs to be respected and the country needs to pull together
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                I feel you will end up with a deal like the one Norway have. EEA.
                your population is less than a tenth Shania, so I think we may get better terms. Whatever, there is a big, big world out there, let's rediscover it
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Could Turkey get fast track visa free access to EU countries but without the right to work? That's what I'm thinking might happen.

Comment

• Apparently there's a really nice planet in the constellation of Lyra, it's only about 1,500 light years away. No previous owners and perfect conditions for life.

Comment

• I have a stock market linked bond which matures next month, its likely to take a massive hammering but still think leaving is the best solution long term.

Comment

• I tell you what, it certainly hasn't done bitcoin any harm.

Comment

• BREAKING: Richard Branson tells @GMB "we are heading towards disaster" & there should be a second referendum. "Brexit facts were inaccurate"

Stop crying your eyes out,

Comment

• dont really know from a political aspect if you can have a second vote if it turns out the facts people voted on in the 1st were correct. Anyone actually know the laws on this? cant see it being too stringent as im sure every political party tells lies along the way or are unable to fulfill promises made.

from numbers reported, a decent turnout for the vote so nothing to moan at there. Would be a mitigating disaster if a 2nd vote were to happen and i for one would not vote at all.

Comment

• Can we keep this going all season? Could end up being more enjoyable than the football we have to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                                dont really know from a political aspect if you can have a second vote if it turns out the facts people voted on in the 1st were correct. Anyone actually know the laws on this? cant see it being too stringent as im sure every political party tells lies along the way or are unable to fulfill promises made.

from numbers reported, a decent turnout for the vote so nothing to moan at there. Would be a mitigating disaster if a 2nd vote were to happen and i for one would not vote at all.
                                Can we keep voting until someone with lots of money like Branson or Knightley gets the result they wanted?

#democracyrules

Comment

Working...
                                X