X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bakes8
    replied
    Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    your right stan, the players should not be blamed for being picked. i will tone down on the gumps and feel free to change the name of the gump update thread.

only nicknames from me will be directed at hollowhead/knobhead.

brian wilson, i will try to do better with the names in future
    We need disco to come up with some names. He's the poet.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
    Stan I more than most understand your frustration with Ollie, as we do get to discuss via other mediums. And as stated many times, I enjoy reading your views whether I agree or not with them, as they are always fairly constructive and never resort insults.
    If certain people feel the need to insult Ollie due to their frustration at his lack of understanding that square pegs shouldn't go into round holes, then fair enough. But I am glad that you at least agree the players do not deserve this form of abuse.
    As we have said many times, players and club employees read this forum, and I am sure when some players see the names they are being called by supporters of the club they represent, it probably doesn't inspire them to go out there and give 100%.
    Hypocrite

Leave a comment:

• Hitman34
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    Fraggy, personally I'm not one for resorting to derogatory nicknames, it's just not my style. However IMO Ollie has become fair game for it if people do choose to use them for the simple reason that he has persistently insulted my (and many others') intelligence by way of his atrocious management this season. I think it's a case of fans saying enough is enough, and their way of expressing frustration at something they have no other control over, other than voicing their concerns on a fans forum like this. Just as one little example, when I discovered he'd employed wingbacks again yesterday it made my blood boil (as you can read from earlier on in this thread), and that wrath was expressed with insults towards him, which IMO were 100% justified. However I do think the players are not fair game for that treatment being that they have zero control over whether or not they're selected to play, particularly being that most of them always give 100% within their own abilities and the system they're playing in.
    your right stan, the players should not be blamed for being picked. i will tone down on the gumps and feel free to change the name of the gump update thread.

only nicknames from me will be directed at hollowhead/knobhead.

brian wilson, i will try to do better with the names in future

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    Stan I more than most understand your frustration with Ollie, as we do get to discuss via other mediums. And as stated many times, I enjoy reading your views whether I agree or not with them, as they are always fairly constructive and never resort insults.
    If certain people feel the need to insult Ollie due to their frustration at his lack of understanding that square pegs shouldn't go into round holes, then fair enough. But I am glad that you at least agree the players do not deserve this form of abuse.
    As we have said many times, players and club employees read this forum, and I am sure when some players see the names they are being called by supporters of the club they represent, it probably doesn't inspire them to go out there and give 100%.
    Too right fraggy & agree fully, same as ollies behavior lately, as he`ll be fully aware of pelters he`d be getting, so hence his rant or two!

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gator
    replied
    Agree Brian, some really need to up their creative game
    How about "Electric Chair", I like that one!

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
    Quality of nicknames needs to be better though Stan. Hollowhead is a classic but....Knobhead, Gump even Washingline FFS...terrible stuff.
    Agree Brian, some really need to up their creative game

Leave a comment:

• bakes8
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
    Quality of nicknames needs to be better though Stan. Hollowhead is a classic but....Knobhead, Gump even Washingline FFS...terrible stuff.
    Agree with this as well

Leave a comment:

• bakes8
    replied
    Fraggy, personally I'm not one for resorting to derogatory nicknames, it's just not my style. However IMO Ollie has become fair game for it if people do choose to use them for the simple reason that he has persistently insulted my (and many others') intelligence by way of his atrocious management this season. I think it's a case of fans saying enough is enough, and their way of expressing frustration at something they have no other control over, other than voicing their concerns on a fans forum like this. Just as one little example, when I discovered he'd employed wingbacks again yesterday it made my blood boil (as you can read from earlier on in this thread), and that wrath was expressed with insults towards him, which IMO were 100% justified. However I do think the players are not fair game for that treatment being that they have zero control over whether or not they're selected to play, particularly being that most of them always give 100% within their own abilities and the system they're playing in.
    Decent post that Stan, well said.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Wilson
    replied
    Fraggy, personally I'm not one for resorting to derogatory nicknames, it's just not my style.

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Wasn't suggesting you was Stan; but as you can see, we have enough meltdown merchants onboard to melt 2 Arctic ice caps.
    I agree, every fan, life-long or not, has that right to call out the manager; but also, every fan has the right to stand behind their team regardless; it is all about opinions, & what grinds me on here at times, is that some members (not you), seem to think they have a God given right to trash talk my team at every single opportunity.
    I'm not blind, I can see the flaws, but I grew up defending my team in the RW from the types of insults that get thrown about on here far too regularly.
    I enjoy yours & a few others views, as they are fairly constructive and don't result to insults against the team; but as for the others, they can go do one
    Originally posted by Shania View Post
    The team? People are critising the manager not the team. At least on here...
    Shania please re-read my posts.
    My angst is directed at so called supporters constantly insulting my club, never defended Ollie once on here, but I find it hard to read when certain people get a semi making up childish/insulting names for players and staff.
    I thought maybe an age thing, that maybe we have quite a few young adults who are not used to such failures, but I believe quite a few are either close to my age or older.
    To me supporting QPR has always been about the sense of belonging, throughout my life I have seem some great teams/players put on The Hoops, but I have also seen far worse than what is being served up currently.
    Just recently, those abusing LF had to eat humble pie after the shock revelation in that book that came out suggesting TF took advice from Ian Taylor.
    No issue whatsoever of constructive criticism without insults.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Charlie Adam was a big part of it, he played out his skin the season they got promoted. Strange one cos he was bang average at Glasgow Rangers before he went to Blackpool and utterly useless at Liverpool after he left. Just a purple patch in his career I guess.

I think they had a couple of other players really go on a run of form in the 2nd half of the season as well. DJ Campbell and Brett Ormerod were in the goals if I remember correctly. It's how it can go sometimes with the play-offs. A team can find form in the second half of a season, sneak into the play-offs and keep that form going all the way to Wembley.

As much as I dislike Holloway, one thing I will say is he's always had that ability to get a bit of team spirit going and takes teams on a run. We've seen it a couple of times in his 2 stints here. He also managed it with Palace and of course Blackpool. Still doesn't make up for his limitations however, in my opinion!
    OK. Thank you for this one.!!

Leave a comment:

• gator
    replied
    Originally posted by knocker View Post
    If we are in same position, he will say job done, we avoided relegation and now Ollie will continue building for the future. Stinkie is deluded.
    At very least he provides fuel for the fire for the Ollie out brigade, I don't think giving him an insulting name is necessary, just my opinion!

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Mcleod
    replied
    I wish Unc did the Lambeth Walk and asked the No one likes us we dont care mob if he should hire Ollie and not ask Ian Taylor.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by Shania View Post
    I see people mentioning a lack of individual development, and it makes me wonder how he coached the Blackpool players compared to Ours. Was it all about Charlie Adam really?
    Charlie Adam was a big part of it, he played out his skin the season they got promoted. Strange one cos he was bang average at Glasgow Rangers before he went to Blackpool and utterly useless at Liverpool after he left. Just a purple patch in his career I guess.

I think they had a couple of other players really go on a run of form in the 2nd half of the season as well. DJ Campbell and Brett Ormerod were in the goals if I remember correctly. It's how it can go sometimes with the play-offs. A team can find form in the second half of a season, sneak into the play-offs and keep that form going all the way to Wembley.

As much as I dislike Holloway, one thing I will say is he's always had that ability to get a bit of team spirit going and takes teams on a run. We've seen it a couple of times in his 2 stints here. He also managed it with Palace and of course Blackpool. Still doesn't make up for his limitations however, in my opinion!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X