X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alanwycombe
    replied
    Originally posted by gator View Post
    Do you really think Ollie would tell the team not to play like they did last week with the same 2 forwards when we looked quite good in the win, were you there?
    Yes, and it was nothing like last week.

Leave a comment:

• HertsHoops
    replied
    Don't know where you get those stats from Ginge but they're b0llocks

Can't remember more than a handfull of decent chances, including Smiths one clear header into the keepers hands

Lots of scuffed/blocked shots and plenty well off target

EDIT - BBCsport saying 19 shots - 5 on target
    Last edited by HertsHoops; 06-01-2018, 09:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kit
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    And yet everyones blaming ollie yet the players get away without any flack
    Pinkie mate Olly is the manager and his win ratio is appalling, like throughout history it’s the Manager who picks the team, sets up tactics and takes the blame if things don’t go well. I have had enough now and a change is required, I honestly preferred JFH to Olly and he had to go too.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Ninja
    replied
    Originally posted by HertsHoops View Post
    No lack of effort today, but we didn't create enough to deserve to win

We had a strong enough side out to please us fans who wanted to keep the 'run' going, but spent the first half passing it about slowly with no end product, and the second half predictably lumping it towards Smith's triangular bonce

No passion, no guile, and no-one who looked capable of getting a shot on target

Next year maybe
    51 shots says we did create enough! 30-odd on target!
    Correction...It was 30-odd off target.
    Last edited by Ginger Ninja; 06-01-2018, 09:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    Originally posted by HertsHoops View Post

We had a strong enough side out to please us fans who wanted to keep the 'run' going, but spent the first half passing it about slowly with no end product, and the second half predictably lumping it towards Smith's triangular bonce

Next year maybe
    And yet everyones blaming ollie yet the players get away without any flack

Leave a comment:

• HertsHoops
    replied

Next year maybe

Leave a comment:

• gator
    replied
    Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
    That's because last week we had a twenty year old full of pace and determination who made a significant impression with the ball at his feet. Today we reverted to humping it and played into the hands of a lower league defence who deal with that stuff every week. Smith hardly won a header and we didn't play Smyth in to feet. Holloway doesn't/can't see when he gets it wrong.
    Do you really think Ollie would tell the team not to play like they did last week with the same 2 forwards when we looked quite good in the win, were you there?

Leave a comment:

• Alanwycombe
    replied
    Originally posted by gator View Post
    It's amazing how fast things can turn from one week to the next, after the Cardiff win there was a warm fuzzy feeling on here, today is gloom and doom, makes me want to sit outside in my shorts and t-shirt to get some hypothermia!
    That's because last week we had a twenty year old full of pace and determination who made a significant impression with the ball at his feet. Today we reverted to humping it and played into the hands of a lower league defence who deal with that stuff every week. Smith hardly won a header and we didn't play Smyth in to feet. Holloway doesn't/can't see when he gets it wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
    Wasn't suggesting you was Stan; but as you can see, we have enough meltdown merchants onboard to melt 2 Arctic ice caps.
    I agree, every fan, life-long or not, has that right to call out the manager; but also, every fan has the right to stand behind their team regardless; it is all about opinions, & what grinds me on here at times, is that some members (not you), seem to think they have a God given right to trash talk my team at every single opportunity.
    I'm not blind, I can see the flaws, but I grew up defending my team in the RW from the types of insults that get thrown about on here far too regularly.
    I enjoy yours & a few others views, as they are fairly constructive and don't result to insults against the team; but as for the others, they can go do one
    The team? People are critising the manager not the team. At least on here...

Leave a comment:

• gator
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Make no mistake though Pinks, if this useless prick can't beat Burton next week he needs to go!

I'm not lowering the bar but based on form an away point won't be a terrible result!

Leave a comment:

• gator
    replied
    Wasn't suggesting you was Stan; but as you can see, we have enough meltdown merchants onboard to melt 2 Arctic ice caps.
    I agree, every fan, life-long or not, has that right to call out the manager; but also, every fan has the right to stand behind their team regardless; it is all about opinions, & what grinds me on here at times, is that some members (not you), seem to think they have a God given right to trash talk my team at every single opportunity.
    I'm not blind, I can see the flaws, but I grew up defending my team in the RW from the types of insults that get thrown about on here far too regularly.
    I enjoy yours & a few others views, as they are fairly constructive and don't result to insults against the team; but as for the others, they can go do one
    It's amazing how fast things can turn from one week to the next, after the Cardiff win there was a warm fuzzy feeling on here, today is gloom and doom, makes me want to sit outside in my shorts and t-shirt to get some hypothermia!

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    Have we sunk that low that not beating MK Dons at home is an acceptable result? Where the hell are our standards for the football club?

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Exactly tarbs, but its obvious the meltdown crew was going to be hovering
    Make no mistake though Pinks, if this useless prick can't beat Burton next week he needs to go!

Leave a comment:

• Hitman34
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    I'm not going into meltdown either mate. On the contrary, I'm pretty calm about it. I am however under no illusions that Holloway takes a huge amount of responsibly for the predicament we find ourselves in this season - and every time he badly messes up, as he did again today then I, as a life-long fan, will call him out for it, as it is every fan's right to do so.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X