Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Word has it all agreed on Tuesday evening but something came up in the medical that Rangers are concerned about which therefore has affected the terms previously discussed. Don't want to say to much of what I was told as it is effectively hear say regardless that the source is top notch.

Put it this way bit of hard ball going on over it. To be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
      Word has it all agreed on Tuesday evening but something came up in the medical that Rangers are concerned about which therefore has affected the terms previously discussed. Don't want to say to much of what I was told as it is effectively hear say regardless that the source is top notch.

Put it this way bit of hard ball going on over it. To be continued...
      So basically they're Concerned about paying him top wages if he could get injured

Comment

No they're worried they aren't paying him enough I think. They want to over compensate because he's in such good condition. Adonis

Comment

HH

Yes. That is my understanding.

Personally if that is the case then I'm happy we are being so professional about the whole thing. Big big money involved.

Comment

That's just dumb. Under that thinking we should be paying Barton less due to the fact that he 'may' miss a lot of games through suspension?
            http://twitter.com/#!/DBehar3

Comment

I don't think its dumb atall

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                HH

Yes. That is my understanding.

Personally if that is the case then I'm happy we are being so professional about the whole thing. Big big money involved.
                I second that- we've signed too many crocks over the years and we can't afford any long term injuries when we're in a relegation battle.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRdan3 View Post
                  That's just dumb. Under that thinking we should be paying Barton less due to the fact that he 'may' miss a lot of games through suspension?
                  You can't just throw many at players for the sake of it , I'm glad the club are being sensible . If we were to go down and Alex is on 60k + and he gets an injury that the club new he had a problem with , then your lumbed with paying him .

Comment

Would be similar to imagining if Dyer was on a salary

Comment

• that wasn't pay as you play

Comment

• Not saying he has failed a medical or anything like that but more that their is a potential that Alex could only play a few games at a time not a continuous run therefore QPR want to re talk terms. Obviously Alex might have his little heart set on the original terms but obviously this coming to light has changed Rangers stance on the situation.

Trying to find middle ground I guess. And I must reiterate that is hear say. But seems to add up if you ask me.

Well done the club if true.

Comment

• In Ric Roc we trust. And Mark Hughes. Glad the club is being sensible rather than throwing away millions. The very people who are screaming for the signing to be completed last week will be the first to scream if we pay a fortune for him and he is promptly out for six months with a recurrance of his old injury. BTW, there was talk on a Chelsea forum a week or so ago saying that he had fallen down the Chelsea pecking order because he hadnt regained his old form since a seious injury (shades of Buz perhaps?).

BTW, am I alone in thinking that the report in the Telegraph saying we are about to sign Alex and Onouha will concentrate the minds of Blackburn beautifully? If they do want to sell Samba because he is unsettled and they need the money, they now know they can't hold out for a crazy figure. Just shows Beard is a shrewd negotiator.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRdan3 View Post
                            So someone basically fails a medical or serious things are found and you would pay the same amount that was agreed for a player presumed to be fit? Glad you are not chief negotiator for our club mate!

Comment

• Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                              In Ric Roc we trust. And Mark Hughes. Glad the club is being sensible rather than throwing away millions. The very people who are screaming for the signing to be completed last week will be the first to scream if we pay a fortune for him and he is promptly out for six months with a recurrance of his old injury. BTW, there was talk on a Chelsea forum a week or so ago saying that he had fallen down the Chelsea pecking order because he hadnt regained his old form since a seious injury (shades of Buz perhaps?).

BTW, am I alone in thinking that the report in the Telegraph saying we are about to sign Alex and Onouha will concentrate the minds of Blackburn beautifully? If they do want to sell Samba because he is unsettled and they need the money, they now know they can't hold out for a crazy figure. Just shows Beard is a shrewd negotiator.
                              Great post all round
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Its funny how people come on the forum and assume the board are just stupidly throwing money around. It just isn't going to be the case. TF and PB's credentials speak for themselves. They wanted to build the club from the ground up, not from the mezzanine up.

Comment

Working...
                                X