Support our captain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
    This is about the Joey Barton sending off. That's what we're discussing...
    CHICKEN!!!!

Comment

I'm actually using a tweet by Barton citing Bellamy and Dempsey. I can't quite recall the Gervinho incident, but if memory serves me right, there was contact made. In the Norwich game, I don't believe contact was made with the head.
      hardly compelling evidence is it
      Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchool View Post
        I did see a few reds yes, but not many! You could get away with a lot more then. I truly believe that Joey got sent off purely for his conduct in the past. Two players squared up last night and just got spoken to! A little consistency would be nice! Remember the ref originally blew up for a foul on Barton after the handbags, he didnt even see it!
        Your dead right he did, and you'll know that refs do that all the time to, whatever level you play, if you were notorious then a ref would see a foul involving you different and you would walk, look at Roy Keane or Vinnie Jones when they played how lenient were refs to them? same as our Joey mate he created the monster now he has to live with it..

Comment

I don't see the point about arguing about other players that could have been sent off in other games. Joey should take his punishment whether he likes it or not as he committed a breach of the laws and gave the ref a decision to make.

Since then his tweets, especially today, have done nothing other than make him look like a tw.at and bring the club into disrepute.

He is being openly mocked and laughed at on Talksport since the episode. He IS NOT our most influential player, in fact he has been average. he is not a leader and he is a poor choice by NW as captain. NW has now chosen the two most inappropriate players at the club to be our captain. We can get away with it in the Championship, but Barton needs to grow up, take responsibility, take his punishment and act like a man, a captain and a leader.
          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Completely back barton. Never touched him. If it was a top team/player(i.e rooney) then it would have been recinded.makes a mockery of the fa stance on skrek.one rule for one and all that.
            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
              I don't see the point about arguing about other players that could have been sent off in other games. Joey should take his punishment whether he likes it or not as he committed a breach of the laws and gave the ref a decision to make.

Since then his tweets, especially today, have done nothing other than make him look like a tw.at and bring the club into disrepute.

He is being openly mocked and laughed at on Talksport since the episode. He IS NOT our most influential player, in fact he has been average. he is not a leader and he is a poor choice by NW as captain. NW has now chosen the two most inappropriate players at the club to be our captain. We can get away with it in the Championship, but Barton needs to grow up, take responsibility, take his punishment and act like a man, a captain and a leader.

Amen
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by superhoop67 View Post
                hardly compelling evidence is it
                Right, I've had a look on YouTube, and Barton drags Gervinho off the floor. After a scuffle, Gervinho slaps Barton, who then falls down. Physical contact was made by Gervinho with his hand on Barton's face. That's a sending off offence in my book.

The incident against Norwich, Barton never head butted Johnson and shouldn't have been sent off.
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Right, I've had a look on YouTube, and Barton drags Gervinho off the floor. After a scuffle, Gervinho slaps Barton, who then falls down. Physical contact was made by Gervinho with his hand on Barton's face. That's a sending off offence in my book.

The incident against Norwich, Barton never head butted Johnson and shouldn't have been sent off.
                  You can walk for aggressive intent, and that's what the FA would say happened..

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post

Well said

Comment

Found on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                        Found on Facebook
                        SUMS IT UP FOR ME LOFTUS
                        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Great Thread!

I think we cleared it up that Barton deserved the red card

Comment

Originally posted by QPRcat View Post
                            Great Thread!

I think we cleared it up that Barton deserved the red card
                            yes i think so, as if it wasn't clear enough before

Comment

Just seen Clint Dempsey v Craig Bellamy on ssn, really does make the red card for Barton laughable, as no action taken against Dempsey who was rubbing his face all over Bellamy's
                              Horrible!... looked like he as trying to snog him

Comment

i'm behind barton 100 per cent. a right old character that has cleaned up his act. there is still the odd glimmer of his old personality which only comes out fortunately in his twitter postings.never a sending off and to further compound error and defend the sending of just goes to show that the fa has a rotten core. joey is a hoop!
                                ranger4now ranger4always RANGER4LIFE

Comment

Working...
                                X