Manager rumour or who you want thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I think they decided that our players had progressed sufficiently that a few extra signings would put us into the play offs. Those stars being Austin, Gray, Johansen and Hendricks have all flopped and would have cost us a lot of money, probably £20k per each. Those four probably cost us £5m in wages and loans fees in their own! That will need to be paid back in player sales this summer.
    I keep reading that Austin and Gray flopped, but how many starts did they get and how many as part of a front 2 ?

Austin and Dykes as a pairing did very well last season, but we rarely saw that partnership this season.

I agree Johansen has flopped as a permanent signing and the least said about the loan of Hendrick the better.

Comment

• Must watch Wycombe- Mk Dons today, so can see how Manning´s team play

Comment

• So far I am not overly optimistic about any of the names bandied around to replace MW, any hire will be a risk as would retaining Warburton, I sure hope this works out but I must say I am concerned!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

• Wild thing's team did a number on Dons tonight.
          They were brilliant.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            Wild thing's team did a number on Dons tonight.
            They were brilliant.
            Yes! Much rather him than Manning or that Newport bloke

Comment

• I think it's not imperative, but it's certainly good if a manager has some sort of affinity with a club, it would get the fans onside from the start possibly which could help, no garentee of success but it's a good start in my opinion

Comment

• Not sure I want Ainsworth, this club is poison he is still thought of very fondly.
                Real nice fella, he doesn't deserve QPR

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  Look bottom line, if we're scraping around lge 2, it's a gamble ( I thought our board didn't like gambling anymore)
                  So for me give it to Eustace, at least he's been around the club.
                  Everything these clowns are doing is #### about face, nothing is making sense.
                  It really doesn't make sense to hire from lower leagues when we have a coach
                  Agreed,the football we played at times was the best for god knows how many years,so I feel we have to go along the same lines or it will be a step backwards,so Eustace maybe able to tweak stuff from part’s he’s learned from Warbs and add his own stamp to it…and develop a plan B also!
                  I came here to chew gum and kick ass,and I'm all outta gum!

Comment

• Originally posted by andythefish View Post
                    Agreed,the football we played at times was the best for god knows how many years,so I feel we have to go along the same lines or it will be a step backwards,so Eustace maybe able to tweak stuff from part’s he’s learned from Warbs and add his own stamp to it…and develop a plan B also!
                    My thinking too Andy, we're just going to be doing the same thing as always by just getting manager after manager.
                    watching Wycombe last night, is that the style Les wants, not sure it is

Comment

• Originally posted by MYU View Post
                      With our budget, I think they may be waiting for Liam Manning, I hope we can bring in Daniel Farke but that's a long shot.
                      I think we are very close to getting Manning in. MK dons lost last night and if lose again on Sunday, he will be annonuced as our next 1st team coach shortly.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post

I think we are very close to getting Manning in. MK dons lost last night and if lose again on Sunday, he will be annonuced as our next 1st team coach shortly.
                        Better than the midtable league 2 guy that's for sure

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

Better than the midtable league 2 guy that's for sure
                          And probably a type of guy who will work well alongside Sir Les and the Board?
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by KevC59 View Post
                            I think it's not imperative, but it's certainly good if a manager has some sort of affinity with a club, it would get the fans onside from the start possibly which could help, no garentee of success but it's a good start in my opinion
                            But if and more likely, when it goes pear shaped his status as a club hero will be tarnished.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post

And probably a type of guy who will work well alongside Sir Les and the Board?
                              If he can bring Twine with him he might stand a chance of making progress, but I am not sure a lower league manager will appease tube fans, or even work out. However, he would get my support and that of other fans.

Comment

• Screenshot_20220506-131323-01.jpgScreenshot_20220506-131323-01.jpg

Attached Files
                                Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts.

Comment

Working...
                                X