No announcement yet.

January Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawrence looking unlikely and we're turning our focus back to Patterson.

Thomas and Ball could leave this window too.

(According to twitter from last night..)

Comment

• Not sure I'd let ball leave. If field goes down we don't have a ready made replacement. Ball isn't as good as field but hes next man up for that sitting defensive midfielder. If we get paterson or eveb better, lawrence then I'd let Thomas go on a permanent transfer. He's a league 1 player imo.

Comment

• Dan Gifford from Pompey. U23 not for the first team I'd expect.

Comment

• Ball going would be a massive mistake.

Comment

• Swansalona apparently in preliminary talks with Watford attacking midfielder Quinta,maybe realisation has finally sunk in that Patterson is offski.

Comment

• Originally posted by MINCER View Post
              Swansalona apparently in preliminary talks with Watford attacking midfielder Quinta,maybe realisation has finally sunk in that Patterson is offski.
              Looks like it.

Opens the door to us perhaps getting Patterson, but other clubs interested as well so we need to be prepared for disapointment if we dont get him.

Patterson can operate as a winger and striker by the way so it would be a good signing if we can pull it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post
                Ball going would be a massive mistake.

I like Ball too,brings a real presence to the pitch

Comment

• Derby's deadline for finding a new owner is 31 January by noon. The transfer window shuts 11 hours later the same day.

I think Derby won't make a decision on Lawrence before they know if they have landed a new owner and got financial injection to carry on with the season. In such case they would be desperate to hold onto Lawrence as he might be their lifeline to the Championship.

If they cannot find a buyer by noon they might face liquidation. In such case they will try to offload any sellable assets - even chairs and tables in the office, to demonstrate to the EFL that they have the funds to see out the season. They will allow everyone to leave, just to slash the spending. After all, most of the running costs are player salaries (and Rooney's fee of £90k a week). The alternative for the players is grim - they won't get any salary from a club that is liquidated, so they better agree to terminate the contracts and sign for new clubs. In such case Derby will see out the season with U23 players. That means League One, but at least they survive as a club, provided they find a modest amount to pay the young players.

My hope is that Bournemouth has signed some of their other targets by then, so we do not have to compete with them for Lawrence, in case he comes on the markets between noon and 11 pm on Monday. But I suppose this is just a dream. After all, we cannot sit waiting for Lawrence to happen against all odds, and let other more likely options go in the meantime. We could easily end up with nothing.

Like most others, I don't like to see Ball leaving. But right now QPR is doing what it takes to free up funds to finance a signing that might be a little over our regular spending level, like Lawrence. If this means we have to free up some funds by letting Ball and Thomas leave, so be it.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                    Derby's deadline for finding a new owner is 31 January by noon. The transfer window shuts 11 hours later the same day.

I think Derby won't make a decision on Lawrence before they know if they have landed a new owner and got financial injection to carry on with the season. In such case they would be desperate to hold onto Lawrence as he might be their lifeline to the Championship.

If they cannot find a buyer by noon they might face liquidation. In such case they will try to offload any sellable assets - even chairs and tables in the office, to demonstrate to the EFL that they have the funds to see out the season. They will allow everyone to leave, just to slash the spending. After all, most of the running costs are player salaries (and Rooney's fee of £90k a week). The alternative for the players is grim - they won't get any salary from a club that is liquidated, so they better agree to terminate the contracts and sign for new clubs. In such case Derby will see out the season with U23 players. That means League One, but at least they survive as a club, provided they find a modest amount to pay the young players.

My hope is that Bournemouth has signed some of their other targets by then, so we do not have to compete with them for Lawrence, in case he comes on the markets between noon and 11 pm on Monday. But I suppose this is just a dream. After all, we cannot sit waiting for Lawrence to happen against all odds, and let other more likely options go in the meantime. We could easily end up with nothing.

Like most others, I don't like to see Ball leaving. But right now QPR is doing what it takes to free up funds to finance a signing that might be a little over our regular spending level, like Lawrence. If this means we have to free up some funds by letting Ball and Thomas leave, so be it.
                    Agree on your point that some fringe players may need to be moved on to bring in what MW considers to be “game changers “

Today Derby were given another One month extension to prove their finances which could prevent the forced sale of Tom Lawrence.

It seems we are also being linked to Quinto.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...-via-his-agent

Comment

• Originally posted by MINCER View Post

Agree on your point that some fringe players may need to be moved on to bring in what MW considers to be “game changers “

Today Derby were given another One month extension to prove their finances which could prevent the forced sale of Tom Lawrence.

It seems we are also being linked to Quinto.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...-via-his-agent
                      Do we really need Quina if he has an issue about his work rate. The QPR team is about putting a shift in, any player not doing so is not going to get a game. Look at how much effort players like Adomah, Wallace and even Austin (is willing to track back) put in even though they are in their 30s.

Comment

• Apparently, we are also interested in signing Josh Maja.

He is quick and at 23, he would have major resale value, exactly the sort of thing we need.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Do we really need Quina if he has an issue about his work rate. The QPR team is about putting a shift in, any player not doing so is not going to get a game. Look at how much effort players like Adomah, Wallace and even Austin (is willing to track back) put in even though they are in their 30s.
                          I’m not too impressed with his best bits Stan,some of his play reminds me of the best of Moses but with perhaps a heavy touch on his passing ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUHfowvus7k

Comment

• There is talk of us being in for James McAtee from Man City and also of Jordy going out on loan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
                              There is talk of us being in for Jamex McAtee from Man City
                              yes along with Rangers and the bottom half of the premier league ... I think we can forget about that one!

Comment

• Originally posted by 3London View Post

yes along with Rangers and the bottom half of the premier league ... I think we can forget about that one!
                                Agree. We can put any thoughts of signing him in the waste bin. May as well ask Arsenal if we can loan Aubamayang and they pay 100% of his wages too.

Comment

Working...
                                X