Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January Rumours

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hendrick good box to box midfielder, strong and experienced. I'm guessing Ball is on his way out and Hendrick is a far better player therefore we've added better quality to our squad.

    People writing him off when he's better than we've got ffs! Our transfer business these days is exceptional, so let's be positive.

    It was reported we were in for 2 players, so obviously Warbs was eyeing up Hendrick or another CM to let Ball go out on loan. The other was clearly an attacking player which hasn't materialised.

    Comment


    • He has had his best set of games for the Irish national team in the past 12 months. He has a tendancy to vanish from games which he surprisingly was not doing during those games. He never got a run at Newcastle to see if that international form could be replicated at club level.

      If he can replicate his international form, I honestly think he is still a very decent player - especially at Championship level. He provides good depth for what will be a huge run in.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
        Hendrick good box to box midfielder, strong and experienced. I'm guessing Ball is on his way out and Hendrick is a far better player therefore we've added better quality to our squad.

        People writing him off when he's better than we've got ffs! Our transfer business these days is exceptional, so let's be positive.

        It was reported we were in for 2 players, so obviously Warbs was eyeing up Hendrick or another CM to let Ball go out on loan. The other was clearly an attacking player which hasn't materialised.
        Probably Maja or Paterson/Lawrence.

        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

        Comment


        • Hendrick is decent just not the position Warburton has said he wanted to strengthen.
          maybe we will still get the Swansea guy,dont know much about him,only he can play as a winger or as a striker and Swansea fans dont want him to leave

          Comment


          • From trying to get Lawrence to then hoping for Patterson and now end up with Hendrick, it's all a bit underwhelming. We needed someone with a bit of pace and trickery. We get Hendrick. No one thought he was that sort of player we were looking at. Hard to know what to think. Lots of clubs doing business and really going for it.

            Not sure he's any better than we have plus who gets dropped for him??

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
              Hendrick good box to box midfielder, strong and experienced. I'm guessing Ball is on his way out and Hendrick is a far better player therefore we've added better quality to our squad.

              People writing him off when he's better than we've got ffs! Our transfer business these days is exceptional, so let's be positive.

              It was reported we were in for 2 players, so obviously Warbs was eyeing up Hendrick or another CM to let Ball go out on loan. The other was clearly an attacking player which hasn't materialised.
              Respect yours and others opinion on Hendricks but judging him being better than Dom Ball is hardly a good endorsement as he barely gets 15 mins these days.

              I spent 10 mins watching his video highlights showcasing his abilities and I can honestly say I’ve never been so underwhelmed especially as it’s named” why Milan wanted Hendricks”

              Comment


              • I'd rather have Hendrick any day over some of the mercenaries we've purchased in the past ..... Can't believe the negativity around this potential signing

                Comment


                • Ignore.

                  Farking browser didn't refresh.
                  "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MINCER View Post

                    Respect yours and others opinion on Hendricks but judging him being better than Dom Ball is hardly an good endorsement as he barely gets 15 mins these days.

                    I spent 10 mins watching his video highlights showcasing his abilities and I can honestly say I’ve never been so underwhelmed especially as it’s named” why Milan wanted Hendricks”
                    Who do you want to sign? We get around 14k average crowds, have had to completely tighten up to comply with FFP and signed Austin and Johansen in the summer who would be our top earners. Add to that spending 1m on Dozzell and 600k on Johansen. We won't be paying peanuts for Grays wages either.

                    The fact is, we can't spend money that we don't have. The only way we can spend is by selling and we haven't done that for 18 months.

                    Hendrick is an improvement on what we've got, that's a fact. Therefore we've improved the squad. Isn't that the point?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post

                      Who do you want to sign? We get around 14k average crowds, have had to completely tighten up to comply with FFP and signed Austin and Johansen in the summer who would be our top earners. Add to that spending 1m on Dozzell and 600k on Johansen. We won't be paying peanuts for Grays wages either.

                      The fact is, we can't spend money that we don't have. The only way we can spend is by selling and we haven't done that for 18 months.

                      Hendrick is an improvement on what we've got, that's a fact. Therefore we've improved the squad. Isn't that the point?
                      I would imagine most supporters realise our financial problems by now as we talked about it for 4 or 5 years.

                      is he better than Dom Ball,that’s yet to be seen but judging on Newcastle sports writers it looks unlikely.

                      https://www.balls.ie/football/things...wcastle-461463

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                        Hendrick is decent just not the position Warburton has said he wanted to strengthen.
                        maybe we will still get the Swansea guy,dont know much about him,only he can play as a winger or as a striker and Swansea fans dont want him to leave
                        The potential Paterson deal is definetly off, according to WLS.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MINCER View Post

                          I would imagine most supporters realise our financial problems by now as we talked about it for 4 or 5 years.

                          is he better than Dom Ball,that’s yet to be seen but judging on Newcastle sports writers it looks unlikely.

                          https://www.balls.ie/football/things...wcastle-461463
                          Judging by your comments you've never seen Hendrick play, so why don't you just reserve judgement until you have? The players we sign and everyone moans about have a tendency to prove people wrong!

                          I can absolutely guarantee you Hendrick is an improvement on Ball. It also allows the possibility of moving Johansen further forward if needs be in games and also adds more depth.

                          Comment


                          • If hendrick signs I'll be right behind him. He might have a great 4 months with us and make an impact. Still think we have missed the boat by not getting Patterson though. That's a shame.

                            Comment


                            • As a football club, every transfer you make is important, but it has to fit the values, ethos and the direction of the club. You look at Bournemouth today and the way they have panic buyed, risking everything, and perhaps some might not even get into the squad.

                              Well, we are not that kind of football club anymore.

                              We are about making sensible financial decisions, ones that will set us up for the future and ones which represent value for money.

                              You look at what investments we have made into players over the last 2 or 3 seasons and you can see what difference it has made to the way we are run.

                              And you look at Derby, who risked everything by overspending to try and get to the Premier League and now potentially weeks away from going under.

                              I value being a football club that spends within its means and is ran sustainably, not breaking the bank for players.



                              Comment


                              • For me bringing in a loan player from a Premiership club (hopefully only paying a small portion of his high wages) should be looked on as a starter or at least being able to impact the game.

                                I have seen him play but similar to the Newcastle report he’s never stood out as somebody that I wished played for us.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X