No announcement yet.

January Transfer Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking it would make sense to loan Dykes out to a prem side or one of the Scottish big guns. If he went to Rangers or Celtic he'd score a hatful of goals and go into Euros as a hot prospect. A decent showing in Euros would further enhance his reputation. Then in August we either sell him for a very fat fee OR he comes back here brimming with confidence and playing under a new manager not afraid to play to his strengths, even if that just means lumping the ball up to him.
    Staying here just destroys his confidence, development and value. We could utilise any upfront loan fee we receive for Dykes to offset wages of loaning in say, Murray or Austin or whoever.
    You have to remember that we are a selling club, we need to make money in the transfer market, not lose money..... Everyone goes on about the "Brentford Model" but the key aspect of their model is they play successful/winning football - we cannot emulate Brentford's approach by playing useless, ugly losing football - it just depresses the value of our assets. Therefore, whilst we are mired in this period of ugly losing football under Warburton's clueless leadership we need to get Dykes away from here to protect his future value.
    Yes, it sounds deranged but what purpose is there in keeping a misfiring Dykes stuck here getting no support or service? May as well do a temporary switch about and let someone else be the fall-guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      I'm thinking it would make sense to loan Dykes out to a prem side or one of the Scottish big guns. If he went to Rangers or Celtic he'd score a hatful of goals and go into Euros as a hot prospect. A decent showing in Euros would further enhance his reputation. Then in August we either sell him for a very fat fee OR he comes back here brimming with confidence and playing under a new manager not afraid to play to his strengths, even if that just means lumping the ball up to him.
      Staying here just destroys his confidence, development and value. We could utilise any upfront loan fee we receive for Dykes to offset wages of loaning in say, Murray or Austin or whoever.
      You have to remember that we are a selling club, we need to make money in the transfer market, not lose money..... Everyone goes on about the "Brentford Model" but the key aspect of their model is they play successful/winning football - we cannot emulate Brentford's approach by playing useless, ugly losing football - it just depresses the value of our assets. Therefore, whilst we are mired in this period of ugly losing football under Warburton's clueless leadership we need to get Dykes away from here to protect his future value.
      Yes, it sounds deranged but what purpose is there in keeping a misfiring Dykes stuck here getting no support or service? May as well do a temporary switch about and let someone else be the fall-guy.
      Unfortunately knowing those that run the club, they would loan him out and get no one in to replace him! That’s what we are up against at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo
        Why would a Prem side or "Scottish big gun" want Dykes? If they wanted him they could have bought him for a penny more than we paid.
        He's a pearl in a turd at the moment. Celtic are in a bit of a pickle, Rangers are going well in Europe and may we'll need to bolster their squad. Dykes has put MoM performances in for Scotland.... It's just a loan for a few months, it's no big deal to either of them, is virtually risk-free and it plays well to fans generally up there.
        As for closer to home, there will be panicky prem clubs in January and an injury or two in coming weeks would make teams with feeble front-lines like Burnley and Sheffield United desperate for numbers or cover.
        Basically, the backdrop is constantly changing and evolving so what happened 6 months ago is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
          My sources are telling me BOS might leave

Good

Comment

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ja...blems-comment/

It’s widely accepted at Rangers that the next window, likely the next few windows in fact, will see the club looking to use the free and loan markets and, therefore, there’s perhaps one man that needs to be considered more than most – Charlie Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
              https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ja...blems-comment/

It’s widely accepted at Rangers that the next window, likely the next few windows in fact, will see the club looking to use the free and loan markets and, therefore, there’s perhaps one man that needs to be considered more than most – Charlie Austin.
              And still play one up front?

Comment

Keinan Davis on loan from Aston Villa

https://the72.co.uk/208954/qpr-consi...er-next-month/

Scott Twine from Swindon

https://the72.co.uk/209125/insider-d...own-youngster/

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

I shall a open a nice bottle of Malbec in celebration on the news.

Samuel’s, if you re reading this, just fu ck off you greedy little whining troublemaker
                  Good choice! Argentinian Malbec David?
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

Good choice! Argentinian Malbec David?
                    No, French, I have a home 20 Miles from Cahors in the southern Dordogne, 200 vineyards just up the road, but I must admit Argie Malbec is very good, just like their beef.
                    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

I bet we couldn't raffle dykes let alone loan or sell him
                      Not keen on French red Dave myself.
                      Love Italian reds, Australia do a nice couple too.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

No, French, I have a home 20 Miles from Cahors in the southern Dordogne, 200 vineyards just up the road, but I must admit Argie Malbec is very good, just like their beef.
                        Blimey dave holiday home in France very nice. You're definitely a success story from this forum. I love a good French wine too. Can't beat a good new Zealand pinot noir!
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

More successful than you weare!!

Comment

to me main mistake we made in the summer was not getting a few loans in. I get we want to develop our own players but lack the squad size and quality to completely ignore the loan market.

Bring in a full back, central midfield, maybe a winger to add some energy and spark and things could look better for us. We have mainly been competitive in games but too predictable and not enough quality.

Funnily enough I am working for someone who works behind the scenes at our beloved neighbours Chelsea. He regularly watches their youngsters and says they have some great little players in there. I'm sure that is the same at the other London Premiership sides. We have no money and need to be doing everything we can.

Comment

I honestly can't see football continuing much longer. I see a big national lockdown looming and football being suspended. Even if I'm wrong, there must be serious potential for it to happen? Anyway, against that backdrop I'm wondering if any clubs would commit to taking on new players. At the very least I'd expect clubs not to dive in on Jan 2nd and wait to see the lie of the land at the end of the window last week of January.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Shania do really think Harry Kain could get off the service our forwards get ?
                                Harry Kane would use some skill to create his own scoring opportunities though, Dykes needs other players to provide him with chances.

Comment

Working...
                                X