January Transfer Rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Agree centre midfielder that can get in the box is a priority, I hear calls for a striker but we bought 3 in the summer so again I’d be surprised if there was additions in that department. Possibly a versatile defender that can fill in across the back four .
    Box to box midfielder is an absolute must this window. A left back is a major priority too. If we have any cash to spend though it must be a central midfielder, Whiteman of Doncaster has been linked. I’ve heard of him but have no idea if he’s good. Maybe giving them Lumley will give us abit of an advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Knowing Arteta, he will soon drop Smith-Rowe again.
      This kid is absolutely ripping WBA apart tonight , just shows how much nonsense gets thrown around in transfer window .

Comment

Van La Parra was linked to us, no sure where he is now? He would probably demand too much money anyway..

Update: He is now playing for a spanish club..
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post

Box to box midfielder is an absolute must this window. A left back is a major priority too. If we have any cash to spend though it must be a central midfielder, Whiteman of Doncaster has been linked. I’ve heard of him but have no idea if he’s good. Maybe giving them Lumley will give us abit of an advantage.
          Again, we already have two LBs so wont be bringing in another. We are short in midfield and need a CB as we only have two because Masterson is not deemed good enough yet. We need a CM to play and a CB to share the load with the two decent ones we have. I would bring an experience CF if we can put Kelman out on loan- apparently Sunderland were keen. So that's three players and a fourth would be to replace BOS. I would be amazed if there's more than that.

One sold (BOS) and two out on loan out (Kelman & Masterson). Three permi signings (CB, CM, RW) and one loan (CF). Max.

Comment

We need a very mobile midfielder who likes to take a shot. Maybe Whiteman is that kind of player.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Also please no more signings from Scotland!!!!!!!

Comment

QPR are reportedly interested in signing Sheffield Wednesday’s Jordan Rhodes.

I know he's only 30, nearly 31, but his scoring record for the last three or four seasons is pretty poor. Last time I saw him play the little speed he had was gone. The club know the football work better than me but really not sure if he'd be the answer.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Rhodes

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                  QPR are reportedly interested in signing Sheffield Wednesday’s Jordan Rhodes.

I know he's only 30, nearly 31, but his scoring record for the last three or four seasons is pretty poor. Last time I saw him play the little speed he had was gone. The club know the football work better than me but really not sure if he'd be the answer.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Rhodes
                  We wouldnt be able to afford him anyway, his wages at Sheffield Wednesday are 40k a week.

We should be looking at younger players like Luke Jephcott from Pymouth, hes banging them in for them at the moment, he is only 20 years old and already playing for the Wales U21s.

Comment

Originally posted by ConorQPR2000 View Post

We wouldnt be able to afford him anyway, his wages at Sheffield Wednesday are 40k a week.

We should be looking at younger players like Luke Jephcott from Pymouth, hes banging them in for them at the moment, he is only 20 years old and already playing for the Wales U21s.
                    His contract is up next June and he wont get those wages again on his recent scoring record. Wed ate skint so we could probably loan him for £15k a week. Just cant are him doing much though.

But agree with you on the other lad.

Comment

I hope we are actively looking outside of the British Isles also..
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

We’ve been after Rhodes before & he never wanted to come to us

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                          We’ve been after Rhodes before & he never wanted to come to us
                          And I can't see Wed wanting to loan him out to a relegation rival either.

Comment

Rhodes is shot to bits. Last time I saw him it looked like he was running with concrete boots on.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                              Rhodes is shot to bits. Last time I saw him it looked like he was running with concrete boots on.
                              Agreed.
                              He makes Matt Smith look like an Olympic sprinter.

Comment

He's on the way it seems ,so probably best not to discard him until he is given a chance .he might score goals for us

Comment

Working...
                                X