No announcement yet.

TF and the rest of the owners too soft over IH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've read some posters say we have better players than some of us accept but for me we don't have the players to play the system that Ollie persists with , to play to this system you need very good players which we don't have ie wingbacks , plus's the players we've got don't seem to have the concentration over 90mins for it , 4-4-2 is simpler and can be just as exciting to watch and imo we do have players capable of making a fist of playing 4-4-2

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      It wasn't easy. I considered this one too:

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
      Another time perhaps?
      Yes. It's reserved if we survive relegation

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post

Think this is more needed for you admins on here, these days
      Thanks DK, will save this one too

Comment

• Originally posted by corbray View Post
        yep with 2 inside forwards like pavel and shodipo and sylla up front.
        Wheeler would be ideal for that position too.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          I've read some posters say we have better players than some of us accept but for me we don't have the players to play the system that Ollie persists with , to play to this system you need very good players which we don't have ie wingbacks , plus's the players we've got don't seem to have the concentration over 90mins for it , 4-4-2 is simpler and can be just as exciting to watch and imo we do have players capable of making a fist of playing 4-4-2
          I totally agree and I guess so do a number of others. the problem is that Hollowhead doesn't and he is the man that picks the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Definitely, with Smith or Sylla up top to aim at from the wings.
            absolutely. We have all seen that it doesn't work with Mackie and or Washington in those positions.

Comment

Wing back, ain't he?

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                Uh I thought this about some one taking Holloway's place so what's it got to do with Holloway's bank Ballance ,
                True, but there are other managers out there who have earnt a decent living from the game too and a £60k monthly salary, gets a decent mortgage (if needed) or to buy or at least rent a decent property for those younger managers.

Comment

yeah, he contributed to 30 goals from there last season so would be a perfect fit too

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                    I totally agree and I guess so do a number of others. the problem is that Hollowhead doesn't and he is the man that picks the team.
                    It's a trend that the last four managers have been interested in Redknapp started our last prem season playing three at the back five in midfield then scrapped it Ramsey tried to continue it as did JFH and now Ollie and seems none of them learn

Comment

This argument is becoming circular Pinkie.

But again, as many have already said, it's more about the system than who's getting picked or who isn't. If he played to his squad's strengths he would use the system to suit that. The wingbacks issue being a prime example, where simply no wingbacks at the club exist, yet he insists on forcing it into the formation. Next example - he has an abundance of natural wingers at his disposal, none of whom he uses and are either languishing away in the reserves or being played out of position. I agree with you that none of us see what he sees on the training ground, that much is obvious, but again I refer you to my earlier point:

The fact that he persists with a system that clearly doesn't play to his squad's strengths - borne out by performances and results - says that either a) he's too stubborn to change it or b) he's too incompetent as a coach to realise it. His track record at Leicester, Palace, Millwall and now us appears to bear this out too.
                      Well its pretty obvious to me why he has stuck with it, as he wanted to have one certain way to play, which he has done, we`ve had all our defence 1st teamers wiped out,so can see why he would want to pack the midfield out, and when certain wingers have played non has torn any trees up, as have said plenty of times before! we`ll see what happens, but at some point hes goto change things up if we carry on struggling to win! but out of all our wingers whos pulled trees up when theyve played? please enlighten me stan, wheeler scored in his first bit of action and admittedly hasnt been given hardly anything since, but in his other appearance didnt he struggle and wasnt upto the pace, which is expected with not featuring, then lua lua once again completely off it & was to do with losing his parent, but looks nowhere near upto it, then theres pav who i would definately play but having him attacking, same as shodipo, but again hes only come back from a injury! then theres the other lad, cant remember his name but didnt he look poor in his second appearance! as said not exactly ripping up trees to rely on them apart from pav on the wings! and you wonder why ollies sticking with this formation!
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                        Well its pretty obvious to me why he has stuck with it, as he wanted to have one certain way to play, which he has done, we`ve had all our defence 1st teamers wiped out,so can see why he would want to pack the midfield out, and when certain wingers have played non has torn any trees up, as have said plenty of times before! we`ll see what happens, but at some point hes goto change things up if we carry on struggling to win! but out of all our wingers whos pulled trees up when theyve played? please enlighten me stan, wheeler scored in his first bit of action and admittedly hasnt been given hardly anything since, but in his other appearance didnt he struggle and wasnt upto the pace, which is expected with not featuring, then lua lua once again completely off it & was to do with losing his parent, but looks nowhere near upto it, then theres pav who i would definately play but having him attacking, same as shodipo, but again hes only come back from a injury! then theres the other lad, cant remember his name but didnt he look poor in his second appearance! as said not exactly ripping up trees to rely on them apart from pav on the wings! and you wonder why ollies sticking with this formation!
                        But he signed then mate!

Comment

• You’ve answered your own question, you play wingers as wingers, not wingbacks, that’s why they’re having no impact.

Join us in the 4-5-1 revolution and have a word with your idol

Comment

• Originally posted by Olly View Post
                            You’ve answered your own question, you play wingers as wingers, not wingbacks, that’s why they’re having no impact.

Join us in the 4-5-1 revolution and have a word with your idol
                            They do say love can impair judgement.

Comment

Yes. It's reserved if we survive relegation

Thanks DK, will save this one too
                              Reserve it for the relegation party Stan
                              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                                Did we lose?
                                Are we going to score twice in injury time every week?

Comment

Working...
                                X