TF and the rest of the owners too soft over IH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    I think he's destined to see the season out myself. Don't think it will get that bad that he has to go. I just hope the board have the sense to see it ain't gonna work out and shake hands with him after the last game of the season.
    Originally posted by Undecided View Post
    At the beginning of the season, many posters polled we would be in a relegation scrap, perhaps even the majority. Now we have got to that point of the season where the points we gained at the start of the season have been largely eroded by subsequent form, and, as usual we have begun to slip down the table, 17th as quoted above.

A few losses on our part, and results going against us over the next month will easily see us quickly fall further to 20th, then we will be in a relegation scrap as foreseen by many in August. Why does it now come as a surprise that this has indeed come to pass?

Tarbie refers to the "real dross at the bottom" that should keep us up. i agree, although it would be far more comfortable if we could earn our destiny by our own merit

I think the powers that be will look favourably on the point retrieved on Monday night, and that will buy Mr Holloway more time, until the end of the season. I also believe the whole apology from him was stage managed by the PR team, even scripted by them as a face saving exercise, and condoned by the owners and designed to avoid them passing any judgement on the issue.

He therefore seems destined to stay. The result was anticipated at the start of the season, and we are in for the ride we expected. What's new?
    You are correct that it is what most of us predicted, however, there were many who had the view that had QPR been in the position that they are in now, that the Board would take action to sack him rather than wait until later in the season when it could be too late.

As for the 'dross' below QPR, I can see Coleman lifting Sunderland up the table and away from the bottom 3 by the end of January if not sooner.

The others are Bolton, Burton, Birmingham, Hull, Millwall and Barnsley and quite frankly, some of those are not much worse off than QPR in terms of squad, management and organisation.

The ones that are organised and managed better, will make up for what they might lack in terms of quality. Quite frankly, QPR are not being managed or coached well enough and with such a dreadful away record, may find it very difficult to stay out of the relegation scrap or indeed stop the rot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      On the contrary Pinkie. During the break you took from the site in the last few weeks, many on here were saying it's like playing with 10 men having Mackie ON the pitch because of his consistent unforced errors and conceding of possession. We were also witnessing the likes of Freeman sometimes not passing him, knowing this fact. The far bigger problem is the formation Ollie uses and it was good to see you at least admit yesterday that if you were manager you'd also play 4-4-2 with FBs and wingers - which I think is the first time you've been seen publicly disagreeing with Ollie's approach, albeit under some considerable pressure as a lone voice. ;-)
      Its got nothing to do with disagreeing with him at all stan, everyones different and with different ideas, as ive already said no one knows the real reasons as to why certain players arent getting picked! ollie was in a great midfield back in the days in the old first division & im pretty damn sure he knows what hes doing and fully aware of everything you are, unless youre far superior along with a few others?! id disagree probably with decisions in most games with different managers, if everyone had the same basic way of thinking then managers wouldnt have there own stamp or style, we`d all be playing the most obvious to everyone way!
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I think he's destined to see the season out myself. Don't think it will get that bad that he has to go. I just hope the board have the sense to see it ain't gonna work out and shake hands with him after the last game of the season.
        Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        How many more are lower ? Bet it's one of the lowest Considering the expense of living in or around London
        why does everyone keep mentioning the cost of living in and around London when kit comes to footballers and managers earning £10-15K pw when most on this board and people living in the area earn less in a year than they do in a month?

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          why does everyone keep mentioning the cost of living in and around London when kit comes to footballers and managers earning £10-15K pw when most on this board and people living in the area earn less in a year than they do in a month?
          Gordon Bennett because they can get 10_15k outside London and get much better value for their money

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
            Gordon Bennett because they can get 10_15k outside London and get much better value for their money
            And they ain't going to want to live like a shop worker or building site worker that lives in or around the he bush

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
              Come off it Tarbs.
              We tried to play pass and move for a lot of the game and succeeded in parts.
              We had them on the back foot for periods but squandered at least two gilt edged opportunities, first Mackie blazed over, then Washington did the same.
              Ironically, it was the route one football at the end that got us the point but we certainly didn’t get played off the park for the entire game like some are suggesting.

But that is exactly what we have come to expect from those 2, which is why they should not be selected in the 1st place.

Give Wheeler and Shodipo or others a chance instead, not just a one off appearances, but a run of 3 pr 4 games, which would still be less than Mackie and Washington have had.

Comment

• QUOTE=FurtiveFox;1659698]Don't worry Pinkie Wollie is doing his best to get us into the relegation places. Just be patient![/QUOTE]

QPR got 1 point from 12 in November. A similarly poor December can see him achieve his target!

This followed on from a good month in October which earned him a nomination for the Manager of the Month Award.

Perhaps they should have a Wally of the month award, so that he can be nominated frequently and even pick up a few awards for his 'good' work

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                  So you are saying that with the money that Holloway is earning and has earnt from football over the last 20 years as a manager, he can't afford a nice house and a fairly good standard of living. Not that he lives near London anyway.

Comment

• [QUOTE=stanistheman;1659739Give Wheeler and Shodipo or others a chance instead, not just a one off appearances, but a run of 3 pr 4 games.[/QUOTE]

Definitely, with Smith or Sylla up top to aim at from the wings.

Comment

So you are saying that with the money that Holloway is earning and has earnt from football over the last 20 years as a manager, he can't afford a nice house and a fairly good standard of living. Not that he lives near London anyway.
                      Uh I thought this about some one taking Holloway's place so what's it got to do with Holloway's bank Ballance ,

Comment

Where does Ollie live ? Where Ever it is I would lay a pound to a penny his house costs a fraction of what the same would in London

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                          as ive already said no one knows the real reasons as to why certain players arent getting picked
                          This argument is becoming circular Pinkie.

But again, as many have already said, it's more about the system than who's getting picked or who isn't. If he played to his squad's strengths he would use the system to suit that. The wingbacks issue being a prime example, where simply no wingbacks at the club exist, yet he insists on forcing it into the formation. Next example - he has an abundance of natural wingers at his disposal, none of whom he uses and are either languishing away in the reserves or being played out of position. I agree with you that none of us see what he sees on the training ground, that much is obvious, but again I refer you to my earlier point:

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          People's views (including the DOF and boardroom) are based on the evidence of what they witness on the pitch, which is what ultimately counts.
                          The fact that he persists with a system that clearly doesn't play to his squad's strengths - borne out by performances and results - says that either a) he's too stubborn to change it or b) he's too incompetent as a coach to realise it. His track record at Leicester, Palace, Millwall and now us appears to bear this out too.

Comment

• This winger and wing-back situation is the key to my gripe with Holloway.

I can take the fact we aren't going to win every week and are more than likely not going to the Premier League for a very long time but I just cannot understand how you have at least 6 wingers in your squad and simply do not play them in that position. In addition to that, you have young full-backs who, and lets be honest, could do a better job than Cousins at the back with their eyes closed.

I'm not firmly in the Holloway out camp but the more games we go without a win, the more you have to start pinpointing questions towards that cause being team selection in the chosen formation.
                            Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 30-11-2017, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

and are more than likely not going to the Premier League for a very long time
                              There was a bloke on Vital who predicted it would take QPR 15 years before they were back in the Prem.

Silly me, I had him down as a pessimist!

At this rate its going to be years before we get within touching distance of the play offs, and that's even if we don't take a detour via League One.

Comment

• We'll have our stadium by then, and more money to spend.

Comment

Working...
                                X