Massimo Luongo - Lge 1 level footballer? - Signs new contract until 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
    He was poor on Saturday agreed. That doesn't make him a poor player generally though.
    Have thought him poor since he arrived, Jack. Wish it wasn't so, though. Happy if he could come good. Seems like a nice lad.

Comment

• He has had games where he was fantastic and really important. Other games less so. He is 24 and that happens. He isn't in his prime yet and still.has a while to learn. He needs consistency which only comes with age and also a bit more cutting edge in the final third. But his tackling and breaking up of play in some games is superb and really important.

Comment

• You know what we've missed in our midfield? A Derry-type player. A nasty, horrible, pull-no-punches ####### of a midfielder. We haven't got anyone like that.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          You know what we've missed in our midfield? A Derry-type player. A nasty, horrible, pull-no-punches ####### of a midfielder. We haven't got anyone like that.
          Big time.

Comment

• Saw a comment elsewhere saying don't give him a balloon or we'll never see him again.

Comment

• If Holloway insists on playing Luongo and Manning together in the middle, then Hall has to play behind them IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                If Holloway insists on playing Luongo and Manning together in the middle, then Hall has to play behind them IMO.
                The combination really didn't work in the first half on Saturday. They got completely overrun! Manning is still inexperienced and learning, whilst Mass isn't vocal or commanding enough! He was to blame more than anyone for their second goal.

But really you have to say the formation was a mistake to begin with because Pavel is not a wing-back, so the 3-5-2 was the reason they were able to slice right through us with one pass straight from their defence!

Why is Holloway experimenting with untested formations at this stage of the season is what I'd like to know!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  The combination really didn't work in the first half on Saturday. They got completely overrun! Manning is still inexperienced and learning, whilst Mass isn't vocal or commanding enough! He was to blame more than anyone for their second goal.

But really you have to say the formation was a mistake to begin with because Pavel is not a wing-back, so the 3-5-2 was the reason they were able to slice right through us with one pass straight from their defence!

Why is Holloway experimenting with untested formations at this stage of the season is what I'd like to know!
                  There were plenty of players around to deal with both goals but, as usual, we seem to panic and switch off when a well organised team runs at us with pace.

Comment

Precisely why we need a Derry-type player alongside one of them. I've a feeling Goss won't fit that mould, though that's me just looking at the kid.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      Precisely why we need a Derry-type player alongside one of them. I've a feeling Goss won't fit that mould, though that's me just looking at the kid.
                      Closest player we have to that is Karl Henry, who TBH I've always thought does a decent job as the enforcer! If it's to be Goss, then why has he been given the No.10 shirt? Although he is a CM by trade, so maybe so?...

Comment

Closest player we have to that is Karl Henry, who TBH I've always thought does a decent job as the enforcer! If it's to be Goss, then why has he been given the No.10 shirt?
                        Why has freeman been given the number 2 shirt?

Comment

• Originally posted by corbray View Post
                          Why has freeman been given the number 2 shirt?
                          Just edited my post before you replied. Said Goss is a CM by trade, so don't know why he got the No.10 shirt.

As for Freeman, no idea either! Maybe that's the lucky number he's always had. Players can be superstitious.

Comment

But really you have to say the formation was a mistake to begin with
                            This is why those of us who had issues with Olly's appointment considered it such a massive gamble. Great bloke, Rs through and through, get em playing for the shirt etc but without a credible game plan we're gonna struggle. Olly's game plans are flawed imo. I can see what he's trying to do, but in practice he's making bad calls to achieve them.

Comment

Just edited my post before you replied. Said Goss is a CM by trade, so don't know why he got the No.10 shirt.

As for Freeman, no idea either! Maybe that's the lucky number he's always had. Players can be superstitious.
                              Yeah its just confusing nowdays, everyone just quite literally picks whatever number they feel like regardless of position! I still have no idea what ben gladwin plays as nearly 2 years on

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                                This is why those of us who had issues with Olly's appointment considered it such a massive gamble. Great bloke, Rs through and through, get em playing for the shirt etc but without a credible game plan we're gonna struggle. Olly's game plans are flawed imo. I can see what he's trying to do, but in practice he's making bad calls to achieve them.
                                Had a very good game plan against Newcastle and Reading plus I thought Huddersfield 2nd half, IMO, was up there with the best we've been all season (albeit too late because we were outclassed 1st half).

Burton was the only glaring tactical error for me....just can't see why he changed a side with momentum.

Comment

Working...
                                X