Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
    Fantastic stuff
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• At least if we go down we have a goalscoring midfielder at that level on our books....

Comment

• i've just completed the thankless task of watching the whole first half v Hudds again, focusing on Mass. To say he is probably the worst player on the pitch is not an exaggeration. He is almost completely bypassed in midfield. I don't think he makes a single successful tackle. The ones he does make lead to free-kicks and for one he's lucky not to get carded. His few passes are nearly all short, sideways or backwards and half of them are hospital balls. He should have made a block in the move leading up to their first goal - which would have stopped the attack - and for their second goal the ball comes out to him after one of our attacks, he fails to control it properly and is dispossessed, leading to them breaking forward and scoring. He's dispossessed a few times more as well. He's a passenger at best. Most of the time he jogs around achieving nothing at all. If anyone wants to do the same for the second half, feel free. The sooner Olly wakes up to this reality the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          As you say, it isn't surprising to those of us who recall his previous stint as Manager. Unfortunately they are blinded by his winning promotion from League 1 in 2004 and his promotions via tie playoffs with Blackpool and Palace.
          He is not a good manager or tactician.

We are really pinning our hopes on the new signings keeping QPR up, because Ollie is certainly not going to do that at this rate.
          This!
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

• agree the evidence for the prosecution is damning, but when he's played well his role seems far better defined. I just think the balance of the side is all to ####, all you need is a solid plan A and a solid plan B where everyone knows the calls, and they get picked on the basis of their ability (or lack of it) in that role. That is not happening at the moment and we've seen this before with Olly......

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              i've just completed the thankless task of watching the whole first half v Hudds again, focusing on Mass. To say he is probably the worst player on the pitch is not an exaggeration. He is almost completely bypassed in midfield. I don't think he makes a single successful tackle. The ones he does make lead to free-kicks and for one he's lucky not to get carded. His few passes are nearly all short, sideways or backwards and half of them are hospital balls. He should have made a block in the move leading up to their first goal - which would have stopped the attack - and for their second goal the ball comes out to him after one of our attacks, he fails to control it properly and is dispossessed, leading to them breaking forward and scoring. He's dispossessed a few times more as well. He's a passenger at best. Most of the time he jogs around achieving nothing at all. If anyone wants to do the same for the second half, feel free. The sooner Olly wakes up to this reality the better.
              They were my thoughts coming away from the game on Saturday too. He was lucky not to be carded far earlier in the game and was dispossessed way too easy in the build-up to the 2nd goal.

What I will say however is that I don't think his current form is reflective of his whole QPR career. I do however think he needs to be rotated out for a bit. The fans are going to get on his back if he serves up any more performances like Saturday!

No doubt this board will go into meltdown with todays news that his contract has been extended!

Comment

i've just completed the thankless task of watching the whole first half v Hudds again, focusing on Mass. To say he is probably the worst player on the pitch is not an exaggeration. He is almost completely bypassed in midfield. I don't think he makes a single successful tackle. The ones he does make lead to free-kicks and for one he's lucky not to get carded. His few passes are nearly all short, sideways or backwards and half of them are hospital balls. He should have made a block in the move leading up to their first goal - which would have stopped the attack - and for their second goal the ball comes out to him after one of our attacks, he fails to control it properly and is dispossessed, leading to them breaking forward and scoring. He's dispossessed a few times more as well. He's a passenger at best. Most of the time he jogs around achieving nothing at all. If anyone wants to do the same for the second half, feel free. The sooner Olly wakes up to this reality the better.
                This. Thank you. At times I thought perhaps it was me who is losing his mind. He is utter and total pants. I can't see how he can improve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  This. Thank you. At times I thought perhaps it was me who is losing his mind. He is utter and total pants. I can't see how he can improve.
                  He was poor on Saturday agreed. That doesn't make him a poor player generally though.

Comment

Hes the third highest rated tackler in the whole division with 57 succesfully completed tackles. Don't ask me how.

Comment

• I'm a fan of Mass and he really frustrated me against Hudds. He had a poor game. He's also had very good games this season, or are we just forgetting them ones? I'm happy he's signed a deal. Time for the coaching staff to develop the lad into a consistent peformer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Hes the third highest rated tackler in the whole division with 57 succesfully completed tackles. Don't ask me how.
                        Further evidence that stats without context can be very misleading!

Comment

At least he's consistent Hubs.

Comment

• Against Fulham, I thought he was one of our absolutely best players..To me this suggests that he play well when the set-up is OK..Bar Smithies offcourse, the same goes with the other players aswell.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              Against Fulham, I thought he was one of our absolutely best players..To me this suggests that he play well when the set-up is OK..Bar Smithies offcourse, the same goes with the other players aswell.
                              I certainly don't think he's a combative central midfielder. He ain't tough enough for that, particularly in this league. Yet I feel at times that is what Ollie expects of him. It was actually quite embarrassing to watch him try and mix it this weekend!

Comment

• Young player in inconsistent performances shock....

Comment

Working...
                                X