No announcement yet.

Massimo Luongo - Lge 1 level footballer? - Signs new contract until 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally agree mate. Very weak and ineffective player in my view and have always thought so.

If the manager would only stick to playing defenders in defence and proper midfielders in midfield, things wuld improve rapidly.

Comment

Mas isnt the problem. Tactical naivety is the problem. This is what happened at Millwall. Olly thinks he's a tactical genius but the evidence suggests otherwise. I really hope he gets a grip fast, otherwise things are going to get very fvckin tight down in the basement.

Comment

Well that's what I said in the Nedum thread Hal - Olly thinks he's Conte. Clearly he wants to emulate great managers such as this, but he has neither the players nor the nous. At this level, you need to cut your cloth accordingly. Having said that, I'm finding the football better to watch than under JFH and occasionally he gets it right, mainly away, and sometimes, he gets it bang on. It's the inconsistency of his tactics that drives me nuts. We were cutting him slack for the first 5 or even 10 games, but now it's getting a bit stupid. And at home we're just dreadful. But we keep hoping he'll stumble on the right tactics and right formation.

I don't know why people are surprised though, he was exactly the same last time he managed us. The thing is, I see enough to remain optimistic. Especially the arrival of Smith and Freeman. I still think Mas is a waste of space though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          Well that's what I said in the Nedum thread Hal - Olly thinks he's Conte. Clearly he wants to emulate great managers such as this, but he has neither the players nor the nous. At this level, you need to cut your cloth accordingly. Having said that, I'm finding the football better to watch than under JFH and occasionally he gets it right, mainly away, and sometimes, he gets it bang on. It's the inconsistency of his tactics that drives me nuts. We were cutting him slack for the first 5 or even 10 games, but now it's getting a bit stupid. And at home we're just dreadful. But we keep hoping he'll stumble on the right tactics and right formation.

I don't know why people are surprised though, he was exactly the same last time he managed us. The thing is, I see enough to remain optimistic. Especially the arrival of Smith and Freeman. I still think Mas is a waste of space though.
          As you say, it isn't surprising to those of us who recall his previous stint as Manager. Unfortunately they are blinded by his winning promotion from League 1 in 2004 and his promotions via tie playoffs with Blackpool and Palace.
          He is not a good manager or tactician.

We are really pinning our hopes on the new signings keeping QPR up, because Ollie is certainly not going to do that at this rate.

Comment

I would be interested to see how we play without him in the team. As others have mentioned, I think we only have cousins in reserve who can match Luongo's legs for the way Olly wants to play

Comment

Fancy adding a poll to this thread? Be interested to see if he's universally unimpressive, 50/50 polarising or if just afew folks beating the same drum of discontent?

My personal belief is he should be better than he is, often looks lost and rarely see him do something that effects the game. He's a Lidl discount section's Tim Cahill, who doesn't score.

I'm still even sure what kind of midfielder he is supposed to be?

That being said, he has ability, fitness and game awareness, I just see it doing much for us.

I also, have said all season the reason we leak goals is our midfield.

Comment

Always liked him but has just not delivered and done enough in the season and a half he has been here.

Comment

New contract until 2020 - http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/20...d-3573437.aspx

Comment

Lock this thread asap before 77 sees that!!!

Comment

• I am pleased at this as I do like Mass. Saying he is the best midfielder in the division is an outrageous statement but I do like him. Stating the obvious but he does need to start scoring.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        As you say, it isn't surprising to those of us who recall his previous stint as Manager. Unfortunately they are blinded by his winning promotion from League 1 in 2004 and his promotions via tie playoffs with Blackpool and Palace.
                        He is not a good manager or tactician.

We are really pinning our hopes on the new signings keeping QPR up, because Ollie is certainly not going to do that at this rate.

Jesus wept!!!!! they are blinded by his promotions lololol, what a stupid comment ffs what else is a manager supposed to do in winning things? such a stupid and disrespectful comment to ollie, as if like anyone can do it or a fluke lol
                        Last edited by Pinkie; 14-02-2017, 10:08 AM.
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                          I would be interested to see how we play without him in the team. As others have mentioned, I think we only have cousins in reserve who can match Luongo's legs for the way Olly wants to play
                          Fair comment but that does sum up our options. should never of let Ale go neither of them have the ability to control a game. of the 2 id rather play Luongo over cousins as i think he's proper pony id send him out on loan as realistically Goss morrison and manning are going to play before cousins does.

we need a Barton in our side badly

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                            I'm still even sure what kind of midfielder he is supposed to be?
                            I suspect that when he plays for Australia, he finds that he gets more time on the ball than in Championship games and in the Australian set up, correct me if I'm wrong, my guess is that he is more of an attack minded midfielder and this was probably his natural way. I believe JFH tried to instill in him a more defensive attitude to this role. So in his own mind he's probably a bit confused now too.

Comment

• Originally posted by corbray View Post
                              Lock this thread asap before 77 sees that!!!

Comment

• lololol
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X