Sandro !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    Why are you so keen on Ariel? He is not anything special and he has a disciplinary problem.
    Right, because Sandro's had a better disciplinary record, right? He just came back from a red in a U23 match ffs. Ariel hasn't been sent off either, he's just extremely combative, gets his foot in and has a rocket of a shot on him. His positional sense is also really good, puts him in great positions to make challenges.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
      Why are you so keen on Ariel? He is not anything special and he has a disciplinary problem.
      I dunno what you've been watching, but Ariel as one of our more solid players under JFH.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Put him in the rotation over Henry for sure, but I'd still want most of the time given to players like Luongo, Ariel and Cousins.
        Cousins has been total letdown so far and really poop

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Ah but if listen to some he's the future and it's quite right he should be given preference over the older international after all he's the future crap of the club

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            He's been played out of position 80% of the time. Maybe wait until we've given the lad a run in his proper position before you write him off mate!

Comment

Put him in the rotation over Henry for sure, but I'd still want most of the time given to players like Luongo, Ariel and Cousins.
              I'd personally like to see the side most likely to win the game selected every week. I really don't care what that combo is either.

Also, like a few others have pointed out, we're never gonna shift Sandro (if that is indeed what the club want to do) if he's sat in the reserves. Involve him in the match day squad every week, he's good enough and he's in the shop window. Hopefully somebody comes in for him in January.

Comment

• I think Jordan Cousins is decent (apart from his shooting - which he isn't really there to do). Love to know how much ground he covers. Struggled to make a few easy passes on Saturday but did play a lovely outside of the boot ball to Chery.

Would rather Borysiuk Luongo and Cousins in CM for us. You got Borysiuk for sitting back playing simple passes and putting a foot in, Luongo to be the creative spark and Cousins to be box to box. Think Sandro is too immobile to play in this team. However, if it means we put him in the shop window by all means rotate him.
                My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• If Cousins is to be our box to box player, you cant say it's ok if he has a terrible shot! I want to see him snatch the ball in midfield, make a lung busting run and bang it in from 20 yards!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                    If Cousins is to be our box to box player, you cant say it's ok if he has a terrible shot! I want to see him snatch the ball in midfield, make a lung busting run and bang it in from 20 yards!
                    Then he'll need to start working on his shooting!

Comment

• Can anybody who was at the Sunderland cup tie as well as Saturday's game comment on whether Sandro improved his defensive work? Sunderland we're going straight past him and, while he scored, I felt he played a big part in Sunderland gaining the ascendency late.

Comment

Rightly so, he's not what we need long term. We need players like Ariel and Luongo to be our long term midfield pairing and wasting a season playing Sandro when we know the inevitable outcome is that he'll be gone is a waste of potential.
                        I rather see it that Sandro can guide Borysiuk and Luongo with his quality and experience playing CM than it being a waste of a season and potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by oz ranger View Post
                          Can anybody who was at the Sunderland cup tie as well as Saturday's game comment on whether Sandro improved his defensive work? Sunderland we're going straight past him and, while he scored, I felt he played a big part in Sunderland gaining the ascendency late.
                          Yes was at the game. Thought Cousins was excellent that game by the way. I think he was better than he was at Sunderland, however due to lack of fitness and sharpness (not his fault as he isn't being picked) I think we lost the running of the midfield due to his immobility. Think Borysiuk would have been the better choice.

Comment

• I'd be disappointed to see cousins starting on sat. We have too many midfielders to pick from after that performance
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• I would have Aeriel or Cousins over Sandro at the moment. Although I thought Sandro did ok Saturday.

Comment

• To be honest I haven't been bowled over with Cousins so far but in all fairness he hasn't had a regular position in the side or a settled partner in the centre of midfield so he deserves some slack.

I do though think there is a decent player there and someone like Holloway in my opinion could get the best out of him the way he encourages players to improve and raise their game.

Comment

Working...
                                X