Sandro !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    I had a feeling someone would say that, but you can't surely tell me he'll ever be as good as he was a few years back at Spurs. A career of injuries limits the potential of someone to grow and Sandro unfortunately left his prime maybe a year or so before joining us IMO.
    I agree on this point which is why I and others on here thought he was a bad signing.

Comment

If there is a clause and Sandro wanted to play, he can always get it changed to remove it.

The club won't mention anything about Sandro, definitely hiding something?

Comment

I'll be honest with you mate, I don't come here looking for respect or anything like that. I disagree with the general opinion that Sandro is all that. That's my opinion and it's based on the fact that I've seen him play this season and for me, what I'd want my defensive midfielder doing, he doesn't do any more. Second half of last season at West Brom, he put in less than 1 tackle a game and 1.1 interceptions a game. For a defensive midfielder, that is nothing, especially for one who people say is as good as he is. He was solid first half of last season for us, but now he's back, watching him play in the cup, he didn't impress me at all. Didn't chase, didn't tackle much, especially considering the opposition. He scored a goal but I'd value him as a player more for doing that if he was a striker. I don't value a defensive midfielder on their goalscoring credentials in the same way I don't value a full back on that.

As for why I think he's a mercenary, he's on high wages, that are even higher when he plays because of the way his contract is seemingly based on appearance fees primarily. Additionally, he's past his prime (performance-wise), a player who wouldn't look out of place playing in China. He has all the credentials of all the cr ap we bought in back in the merc phase, the only difference is that he's younger and more poignantly, the most likely reason he's not content sitting on the bench is because his wages are dependent on how much he plays.

If I came here looking for respect and acceptance, I would have demanded JFH out, wanted Warnock back, TF Out, Les out, bring back the old QPR and get Taarabt back on the pitch for us just for the nostalgia of it because no one does it like him. I come here to express my opinion, just like you do yours and everyone else does theirs. If someone disagrees with me, I'll debate with them and if their point is solid enough, I'll take it on board. But the irony of being told that I'm too stubborn because I have a different opinion is seemingly lost on you here.

In summary, my opinion isn't that Sandro isn't our best midfielder at all, especially on current showing. Scoring goals doesn't make you a better defensive mid, defending does.

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        So he's a mercenary because some CE agreed to his agent's wage and contract demands.

If he was selected to play by JFH he would have done.

If there is a clause in his cobtract for extra money to Spurs or for a new deal, again that it is down to the CE's naivety.
        EXACTLY!!

Its like you getting a job with certain agreed pay and conditions.,,,,,, You are then placed on gardening leave for some unknown reason against your will ,,,

You are keen to return but are not permitted...

How the hell does that make you a mercenary ....Absolute rubbish
        Last edited by skranger; 14-11-2016, 11:17 PM.

Comment

If he has a clause which is almost certain as Rangers under Fernandes seemed to do that especially when in the premier league then no lesson we learned between 2011 - 2014 when we signed him. Cannot blame a player if we have allowed ourselves to be ####ed yet again.

Comment

Why recall him when he's worse than 3 of the options we already have?
            Worse than Cousins, Henry,& the Polish guy aint to sure about that? our midfield players aint that good

Comment

Ahh the myth of Sandro - Our fans last cling on to the premier league days.

Is he the future of QPR? No.
              Can he last 90 minutes? No.
              Does he rob us for 50k a week still? Yes.
              Does he earn appearance money for HR when he plays? Probably.
              Does him playing mean it hinders our younger midfielders who are the future of QPR? Yes.
              Does he care about QPR? Probably not.

With all this added up, it's a resounding NO thank-you and fark off Sandro for me - I don't care how good he can be for 60 mins, because of the reasons I've listed above.
              Last edited by West London is Rss; 15-11-2016, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post

Does him playing mean it hinders our younger midfielders who are the future of QPR? Yes.

With all this added up, it's a resounding NO thank-you and fark off Sandro for me - I don't care how good he can be for 60 mins because of what I've listed above.
                100%
                My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

With all this added up, it's a resounding NO thank-you and fark off Sandro for me - I don't care how good he can be for 60 mins, because of the reasons I've listed above.
                  Does he care about QPR
                  Does your poles Dutch frogs Germans Africans ozie Caulker well just say anybody we have at the club

Comment

Would have thought playing alongside someone with the level of experience Sandro has might help develop them.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post

Is he the future of QPR? No. - Who cares he better than what we got right now
                      Can he last 90 minutes? No. - Start playing him and he'll get more fit
                      Does he rob us for 50k a week still? Yes. - Not his problem, the club gave him that deal!!
                      Does he earn appearance money for HR when he plays? Probably. - The only point you have that makes sense he's not playing
                      Does him playing mean it hinders our younger midfielders who are the future of QPR? Yes. - The complete opposite imo. Sandro is a level above what have and luongo playing alonside him will only help develop his career!
                      Does he care about QPR? Probably not. - He wants to play football, thats what matters. Most players dont have any sentimental connection anymore. The game is about money but this should not be a deciding factor on why Henry gets in the team over Sandro!!

Some of the views on Sandro are laughable! He walks into our first team if he's available for selection!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Would have thought playing alongside someone with the level of experience Sandro has might help develop them.
                        Never said a truer word Mushy

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                          Does he rob us for 50k a week still? Yes. - Not his problem, the club gave him that deal!!
                          Does he earn appearance money for HR when he plays? Probably. - The only point you have that makes sense he's not playing
                          Does him playing mean it hinders our younger midfielders who are the future of QPR? Yes. - The complete opposite imo. Sandro is a level above what have and luongo playing alonside him will only help develop his career!
                          Does he care about QPR? Probably not. - He wants to play football, thats what matters. Most players dont have any sentimental connection anymore. The game is about money but this should not be a deciding factor on why Henry gets in the team over Sandro!!

Some of the views on Sandro are laughable! He walks into our first team if he's available for selection!

Comment

• The prejudice against Sandro is ludicrous. He didn't sign himself, and the club agreed to his terms and conditions of their own free will.

Unlike almost everyone else on the playings staff Sandro can spot a pass and find space. He also gets forward at the right time. I remember dinosaurs on here moaning about Adel the year he took the division apart. Sandro is obviously a different player, but they both provide something we don't have. Class.

Like Olly himself said, you need someone to shift the piano and someone to play it. I'll be very disappointed if he isn't given a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by furlong29 View Post
                              May be recalled under Olly ! Well let's hope so anyway
                              we may aswell use him until january at least
                              TWITTER
                              @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
                              Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

• Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Who cares if he's the future of QPR? Hopefully most of us
                                No he can't last 90mins. Yes game time would help that. If he did get fit enough, he will most likely get injured anyway.
                                A reason he may not be playing is the rumoured £15k appearance fee. If true, waive it as the player. If not, not sure why he isn't at least in the squad.
                                Not sure how much experience others will get from him other than Borysiuk. Different players.
                                However saying this my lord i would love Sandro in the team over Henry.

Also, he would only walk in to the team because he can't run...

Out of our CMs, the only ones i would pick Sandro above for me personally is Henry and Gladwin.
                                My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Working...
                                X