Sandro !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by corbray View Post
    yeah i do agree that sandro is probably the best midfielder at the club, even when made of glass but he won't be part of our squad come next season or even january. i've seen enough from ariel to see that he has the potential to be a key player for us but that takes time and experience from playing regularly so he can develop better which i'd rather us go for.

all in all though i'm not really too fussed, i don't think anyone truly knows what our best 11 is apart from smithies in goal, after that it gets a bit puzzling who to choose
    Whats it matter if hes not going to be part of the squad next month or next yeare? we need to field our strongest squad and bench no matter what, why have him here paying his wages yet cut our own nose off cos "he wont be here next year!" strange really, probably half the squad wont be here in say 5 years but you still field youre strongest side, especially trying to gun for promotion, or maybe its best to not play him and land more mid table (not saying thats how it will be btw)
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
      Sandro on his day is our best CM. but he's never completed over half a season of games since he's been in england. He gets tired after 60mins. So it's not as simple to say he should be 1st choice.
      I bet you never complained about Adel playing his statutory 70 minutes under Warnock

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        I bet you never complained about Adel playing his statutory 70 minutes under Warnock
        Haha how on earth can you compare the two?
        My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Right because Adel's job was defending...
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            Whats it matter if hes not going to be part of the squad next month or next yeare? we need to field our strongest squad and bench no matter what, why have him here paying his wages yet cut our own nose off cos "he wont be here next year!" strange really, probably half the squad wont be here in say 5 years but you still field youre strongest side, especially trying to gun for promotion, or maybe its best to not play him and land more mid table (not saying thats how it will be btw)
            Yeah i can get behind him playing as he'd add something good to our side and maybe even help is get promoted which would be great in the short run but long term it could be a disaster. Our team is no where near ready for the prem as they're all still finding their feet and developing and a season in the prem could really hurt them. Odds are we'd get smashed by everyone and their grandmother in the prem which'd make us all rage at the board/team/manager and before you know it we'd sign loads of players in jan and be right back at square one again.

I think the clubs going in the right direction atm by slowly building a strong and consistent side and a positive relationship with the fans once again and imo promotion isn't worth ruining that anyway.
            Either way though i'm not overly fussed if sandro plays or not as i have no idea who should play anyway lmao

Comment

• Holloway to weigh up Sandro's future...

The Rangers boss said:

“He's a magnificent player. I've seen him in training. A magnificent player. I don't know what he wants – I've not sat down with him yet. I want people ready to become the new Sandro. I want him to be the better Sandro. What he's shown me in training is fantastic. He's a bit off the pace as he hasn't played. He's blowing at the end. His stats aren't as good as the other lads. As a passer, person and player – he's had everything. I don't know whether he's had too much and he wants the bother. I don't know yet.

He will be honest enough with me to let me know so at the minute he's a boy who's mine and I want to help him get what he wants and I will die to try and help him. I don't know about his future as it has to come from him and I can't wait to find out. His attitude has been absolutely spot on. I think I've got to get them to smile and enjoy what they're doing. If I'm not smiling I'm not enjoying it. I want them to do the same. He's a strong person as he nearly ripped my arm off as he gave me a hug. He's a beast of a fella. I haven't had time to sit down and talk to him a bit.”

Read more: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...eigh-12217189?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                The Rangers boss said:

“He's a magnificent player. I've seen him in training. A magnificent player. I don't know what he wants – I've not sat down with him yet. I want people ready to become the new Sandro. I want him to be the better Sandro. What he's shown me in training is fantastic. He's a bit off the pace as he hasn't played. He's blowing at the end. His stats aren't as good as the other lads. As a passer, person and player – he's had everything. I don't know whether he's had too much and he wants the bother. I don't know yet.

He will be honest enough with me to let me know so at the minute he's a boy who's mine and I want to help him get what he wants and I will die to try and help him. I don't know about his future as it has to come from him and I can't wait to find out. His attitude has been absolutely spot on. I think I've got to get them to smile and enjoy what they're doing. If I'm not smiling I'm not enjoying it. I want them to do the same. He's a strong person as he nearly ripped my arm off as he gave me a hug. He's a beast of a fella. I haven't had time to sit down and talk to him a bit.”

Read more: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...eigh-12217189?
                good on him. Even though I disagree with the fact that Sandro should be a regular here, if he's showing the boss something good in training, at least he's putting in the effort. I can't ask for more, I just hope that whatever we do isn't to the detriment of the quality of midfielders we'll have next season, given that he won't be here next year and he'd be taking the spot of someone who will.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                  Haha how on earth can you compare the two?
                  I don't compare anybody just stating Adels best game came in the first 70 mins if Sandro can give the the foundations of an entertaining game with points in same length of time then I'll satisfied and so should his knockers

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                    I think I've got to get them to smile and enjoy what they're doing.
                    absolutely #1 on the new gaffers list of things to do. Change the culture. Desperately needed post JFH.

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      Right because Adel's job was defending...
                      And Adel as great as he was in that year didn't go to much attacking in the last quarter

Comment

I don't compare anybody just stating Adels best game came in the first 70 mins if Sandro can give the the foundations of an entertaining game with points in same length of time then I'll satisfied and so should his knockers
                        Looked like a comparison to me!

However, I see what you are saying as in Sandro can do a lot to help the team towards getting the points then play him if he was 100% fit and got his sharpness back? Problem for me is that I think he's too immobile to warrant being on the pitch, certainly at the start of a game. Sandro needs someone to do his running for him and we can't afford to carry anyone. I know game time means better fitness etc but he had all summer to do that. Borysiuk and Cousins have been injured and they are all up to 90mins

Comment

• Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
                          Sandro on his day is our best CM. but he's never completed over half a season of games since he's been in england. He gets tired after 60mins. So it's not as simple to say he should be 1st choice.

Comment

Looked like a comparison to me!

However, I see what you are saying as in Sandro can do a lot to help the team towards getting the points then play him if he was 100% fit and got his sharpness back? Problem for me is that I think he's too immobile to warrant being on the pitch, certainly at the start of a game. Sandro needs someone to do his running for him and we can't afford to carry anyone. I know game time means better fitness etc but he had all summer to do that. Borysiuk and Cousins have been injured and they are all up to 90mins
                            But he hasn't had all summer JFH wouldn't give enough playing time there's no substitute for game time , Sandro will go on a free if he sits out the rest of the season and no doubt we will have to pay him to go or pay a club to take him whether on loan or a permanent deal but if he's fit and playing we might get a fee for him , also a fit Sandro is a superior player to Luongo Borysuik or Cousins and they could only benefit playing alongside him

Comment

But he hasn't had all summer JFH wouldn't give enough playing time there's no substitute for game time , Sandro will go on a free if he sits out the rest of the season and no doubt we will have to pay him to go or pay a club to take him whether on loan or a permanent deal but if he's fit and playing we might get a fee for him , also a fit Sandro is a superior player to Luongo Borysuik or Cousins and they could only benefit playing alongside him
                              Yeah I agree would rather get something for him than nothing. However, he's failed medicals, we know he's made of glass. I just really don't see how some still think he's the player he was 3/4 years ago. Due to injuries and no match time etc, currently don't think he's better than Luongo Borysiuk or Cousins, and we don't have time to waste getting him up to speed. Would love it if he proved me wrong and turned in to this "Beast" we all heard about, just can't see it happening.

Comment

Yeah I agree would rather get something for him than nothing. However, he's failed medicals, we know he's made of glass. I just really don't see how some still think he's the player he was 3/4 years ago. Due to injuries and no match time etc, currently don't think he's better than Luongo Borysiuk or Cousins, and we don't have time to waste getting him up to speed. Would love it if he proved me wrong and turned in to this "Beast" we all heard about, just can't see it happening.
                                I don't think youl'll like this but Smithies apart , out of all these signings we've made over the last two seasons I haven't seen a player above being a potential player now one thing is for certain by the law of averages is not all those players will come through and anyone of them can only learn from having game time with him

Comment

Working...
                                X