Nigel Pearson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    Of the suspects currently on parade Rodgers is by far the most attack minded coach and got Swansea playing some great football at this level.

The problem with this is the rear end
    , not one of his stengths and definitely not one of ours.

But I'd take him over Moyes and all the rest of the UK based contingent.
    Yeah that was the Swansea that played a fantastic passing game when we beat them 3-0 at Loftus Road.

I'd agree Rodgers over Moyes - all day long - but not over Pearson for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
      JFH has zero top level management experience. That didn't work out so well for us last time round with CR. So if the aim is to get back up under the new manager, JFH makes no more sense than CR. Logic.

If true, I think this is a highly questionable appointment.
      at the same time, Pearson has one season of top flight experience and has only had one good period in it. Yet so many people clamour over bringing him in. I personally don't understand it.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        at the same time, Pearson has one season of top flight experience and has only had one good period in it. Yet so many people clamour over bringing him in. I personally don't understand it.

Would not die in a ditch if he came neither would I cry into my beer if he went elsewhere

In my view he had a good six to seven weeks and his rep currently is based on that

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Would not die in a ditch if he came neither would I cry into my beer if he went elsewhere

In my view he had a good six to seven weeks and his rep currently is based on that
          Think thats harsh on Pearson . he's done very well at every club he's been at wests . I've rated him for years now. Always gets his sides well drilled and playing good football. Exactly what we're crying out for .

Comment

• Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
            Think thats harsh on Pearson . he's done very well at every club he's been at wests . I've rated him for years now. Always gets his sides well drilled and playing good football. Exactly what we're crying out for .
            Not totally against him Rick's just think he has an inflated reputation based on his ending to last season. Everyone focuses on that instead of the other six months when they were dire and getting humped week in week out so begs the question where were his organisational skills the other 3\4 of the season

Had Leicester gone down and he was available would so many people still want him??

Comment

Not totally against him Rick's just think he has an inflated reputation based on his ending to last season. Everyone focuses on that instead of the other six months when they were dire and getting humped week in week out so begs the question where were his organisational skills the other 3\4 of the season

Had Leicester gone down and he was available would so many people still want him??
              Personally I want him because he won the Championship convincingly with Leicester and kept them up.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Yea fair anough . that's a good point you've made there. Just got a feeling he'd kick this lot into shape. If we can't get rowett I'd take Pearson or moyes. Just don't think anyone else could sort this lot out as it stands at moment. Massive job for whoever gets it next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  Personally I want him because he won the Championship convincingly with Leicester and kept them up.
                  Make your mind up

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruislip Ranger View Post
                    Make your mind up
                    I've never said I don't want Pearson, in fact, if you actually read my posts, I said on this very thread that I still would prefer Pearson, but if Hasselbaink was hired I'd give him a fair crack.
                    Sit down.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      No. Because people were screaming for Rowett and Warburton, 2 managers who have the same amount of experience in management at JFH, yet JFH isn't good enough for some. Also, because people were crying out for a young, up-and-coming manager when Harry was here, something that describes JFH to a tee, yet now people want a more experienced manager. It's fickle and clueless as hell. Either that, or the same people will moan and groan regardless who is hired.
                      Personally, I would prefer Pearson. But if JFH were hired, I'd give him a shot, unlike the people I'm referring to, who seem to have written him off already.
                      There ya go, Ruislip, just for you
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Kasper Schmeichel on MOTD2 last night said he is a very good manager in every way off camera

Comment

• I'd prefer Pearson over jfh purely on the stellar job he done at Leicester and the fact he has proven experience in the chAmpionship.

Comment

• Although it is important imo to get someone in soon, I still think Pearson is the wrong option. Don't think we will get anyone who has been mentioned up til now, our next head coach will be someone not mentioned on this forum. IMO obviously
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                              Although it is important imo to get someone in soon, I still think Pearson is the wrong option. Don't think we will get anyone who has been mentioned up til now, our next head coach will be someone not mentioned on this forum. IMO obviously
                              Blackwell

Comment

Blackwell
                                God no
                                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                                X