Same old,same old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twranger View Post
    Yep, agree. So embarrassing in fact, that I can't leave my house until it's dark. I'd be ridiculed if I did.
    Hey ho, the burden of being a QPR fan eh!!!
    We get it, you aint bothered. Now, how about leaving these type of threads to those of us that are

Comment

Can someone please give TW a kick up the ar5e!.. Wake up lad!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
        We get it, you aint bothered.

The understatement of the century, and how tedious it becomes.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post

The understatement of the century, and how tedious it becomes.
          If ever a thread title summed up his contribution 'same old, same old'

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
            We get it, you aint bothered. Now, how about leaving these type of threads to those of us that are
            Not bothered as in there's not a lot you or I can do to influence things. Why stress about stuff that you can't do anything about.
            There's logic there surely!!!!

Comment

Worry when its time to worry is my take on it.
              All this moaning is madness, would we rather of derby scored the last minute gaol?
              Thats worry, trying to get out that division. We are out, why dont we try and enjoy it, especially the build up when we aint even bottom of the league yet.

Comment

Not bothered as in there's not a lot you or I can do to influence things. Why stress about stuff that you can't do anything about.
                Who's stressing? Think you've got your wires crossed. I've never stressed over a football related matter in my life. QPR or not.

Comment

And you keep making exactly the same point ad nauseum TW. We all get your perspective now, there's really no doubt of that, so why dont you just give it a rest?

And of course people stress over stuff they cant do anything about, and of course that defies logic. BUT it still happens, because that's human nature. Some things in life simply defy logic - it's just part of its mystery. Maybe you could learn to be a bit more tolerant of that.

Comment

Fakking ridiculous.

Promotion to the prem has secured us an extra 50,60,70+ million pounds. And we can't spend 10% of that on some new players? Where is the money going? towards our new concert venue?

If we're getting screwed by agents etc. here then why do we not look abroad? The Dutch, Belgian, French, Spanish, Italian, German leagues are full of promising players who won't cost the world.

I would happily take Hughes & his amigos back as things stand. I know he's been demonised here but the reality is he had a ****ing plan, found some decent players and wanted to build something, while this current lot are just winging it.

Comment

Originally posted by stationcafe View Post
                      Fakking ridiculous.

Promotion to the prem has secured us an extra 50,60,70+ million pounds. And we can't spend 10% of that on some new players? Where is the money going? towards our new concert venue?

If we're getting screwed by agents etc. here then why do we not look abroad? The Dutch, Belgian, French, Spanish, Italian, German leagues are full of promising players who won't cost the world.

I would happily take Hughes & his amigos back as things stand. I know he's been demonised here but the reality is he had a ****ing plan, found some decent players and wanted to build something, while this current lot are just winging it.
                      Who says we cant? You? We will, its just taking a bit longer cos the board dont want to be total fools and be laughed at again by the football world like they were last time.

Comment

I think part of the problem with signings is that as a club we have lost our identity.
                        Any prospectful signing will look at us and wonder "what style of football will they play" and I think the only answer is...Nobody knows...
                        Harry is renowned for playing with attacking flair, yet in his season and a half with us we`ve seen nothing of the sort, boring and defencive spring to mind.
                        We are quickly becoming a bit of a "steer clear" club.
                        The ammount of players we have been linked with in this transfer window and have only signed 2 (Rio = Great signing but retireing at end of season & Caulker = another great signing but will it be another Remy, Bosingwa, Park, Granero, Mbia scenario should we go down?)
                        There is nothing any of us can do worrying about this issue but it is frustrating to say the very least.
                        The people saying "give it another week" have been saying that for about a month now.
                        There are great, cheap players out there who we should be looking at but instead it really is "the same old same old".

Comment

Fakking ridiculous.

Well we already spent 8 mill so thats more than 10 % of your quoted figures

Comment

Fakking ridiculous.

We've spent more than 10% on Caulker alone

Comment

To be honest we are in a weird postion and can see why some fans are frustrated and some are more calm. Its obvious we are being more prudent with business and taking our time to do things correctly which I think is great for our longevity. At the same time while we are taking our time to do the right business it would be a lie to say this is ideal. We are short on number and quality and our manager is trying to change our formation. With two weeks until the big kick off we are behind schedule and I can see a rocky few weeks why things fall into place.
                              We just got to believe the board will get things right bring the right players in and eventually it will fall into place the team will gel and we will be ok.

Comment

Some are panicking too much and it must be very hard to get "top, top players" to sign for little old qpr - but there does seem to be a sleepiness about our dealings. Redknapp is quoted today saying he wants fer "but i dont know where we are with that". Why doesnt he know? Sure no one is going to leave harry to draw up the contracts and maybe he is being discreet but if he really wants fer shouldnt he be on to beard everyday asking "so what progress have you made? If its stalled plse move on to plan b." similarly the quote from overmars about the ajax bloke: "we are having some good conversations with qpr". But pretty authoratitive reports out of holland had us agreeing a fee weeks ago but that it was stumbling on personal terms. Maybe the club is being clever and playing one club off against another to get the best deals but we need two midfielders in by the hull game or we are in trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X