• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
    No problem!! You just made a great escape

Comment

• Originally posted by twranger View Post
      hey tblock, nice story. sorry about your qpr team though... whoops!!!!
      in my day teams were 50p and were very generic......not that I ever paid for any!
      as I said in a previous post, the brand is going strong as ever, as you have seen, 68 years on!!!
      I remember when you just had blue and a red team, only time in my youth I used an iron and throw in & corner man was high tech plus the yellow ball for snow conditions. Subbuteo is up there with grifters, Parkers, CB radios & soul jeans as defining factors of my youth, absolutely amazing piece of iconic history.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
        I remember when you just had blue and a red team, only time in my youth I used an iron and throw in & corner man was high tech plus the yellow ball for snow conditions. Subbuteo is up there with grifters, Parkers, CB radios & soul jeans as defining factors of my youth, absolutely amazing piece of iconic history.
        bar the soul jeans i'm there....
        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

• Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER View Post
          ...pleased to hear it T. Was mine too.

Comment

• I still play subbuteo with my youngest son who is 14. His mates love a game if they come round as well. I sometimes play tennis (I can be posh when I want) who is a real subbuteo anorak. Reckons he has over two hundred teams! We've only got six but two of them are QPR

Comment

• This thread has now had 3 distinct chapters - all of them completely unrelated!

Only on watrb

Comment

• Use to set me subbuteo up on my dads snooker table. Perfect size and playing surface although i doubt my dad would have been too happy if he had known

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                  This thread has now had 3 distinct chapters - all of them completely unrelated!

Only on watrb
                  Good to see that you're keeping up.

Comment

Only on watrb
                    Its like the modern novel - only with spelling mistakes...

Comment

Only on watrb
                      Sums up the posters on here too

All can be put in 3 categories
                      1-
                      2-
                      3-
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                        Sums up the posters on here too

All can be put in 3 categories
                        1-
                        2-
                        3-
                        You forgot ted

Comment

• Originally posted by Norths View Post
                          Use to set me subbuteo up on my dads snooker table. Perfect size and playing surface although i doubt my dad would have been too happy if he had known
                          Must have been awkward taking corners.

Comment

Only on watrb
                            .....they're called Red Herrings Stan!

Comment

• Originally posted by twranger View Post
                              .....they're called Red Herrings Stan!

It's now into its 4th unrelated chapter TW. Stop trying to connect them.

No wonder Facto has been inspired to write a book about this madhouse.

Comment

It's now into its 4th distinct chapter TW. Stop trying to relate them!

No wonder Facto has been inspired to write a book about this madhouse.
                                ....ok mate, 4th and final chapter!

Comment

Working...
                                X