Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      Personally thought he was absolute gash bar a handful of games in the premier league. No thanks.
      Fair point. Games just passed him by - played 25 times and won 1 game I think.
      not just his fault but what was he doing? The January signings Townsend, some kid who had never played in the EPL, came in and did great, Jenas scored a couple and won a couple, they did that in the same team Granero struggled in. Cant see how a long lay off due to an ACL will have improved him

Comment

Granero is a much better player than Townsend but he needs a good team around him to shine. Townsend looked good because he's incredibly direct and happy to pick a ball up and run with it to have a shot, but that's also the only thing he can do. If we hadn't been as bad as we were his limitations would have gotten really annoying really quickly. Granero's a playmaker, he has the same kind of game (though not the ability) as someone like Ozil, who similarly looked **** when all the people he should be playing passes to were out injured. He'd work well with Charlie, Philips and Hoilett who can threaten across the width of the pitch and run onto long balls, and with someone like Barton next to him to go steaming into people to protect him and give him a short passing option. Before Faurlin was dropped him and Granero were one of the few things that looked like it was working.

Comment

I thought he started well for us and then seemed to drown in the general all round crapness of the season. In a more settled team with a better dressing room think he could do well for us. Would love to have him back to give him a second crack at it. One of the few that left I would though. He offers something a bit different to other central midfielders on our books.

Comment

Would have him back, always thought he had the potential to do well, especially alongside Faurlin vs Chelsea and Spurs.

Only things is, weirdly, he had pretty much the same injury as Ale last season but came back for the last few games of La Liga... Hopefully he recovered well!

Comment

For all I know he could be better than Maradona. But I am talking about what he actually did when playing in England.
              Just say he has all of these qualities you talk about, he did not show them did he when he played in the EPL, did he get better as the season went on, when Jenas was doing well for example,
              but also the thing about England is that whatever your technique it is 100mph you have to be able to fight for your space and impose yourself on games, did he show that, when he played for QPR I thought Jenas/Townsend were better the same team and Niko/Yossi have been better this year
              And some of those are players who might not make the team next year, so Granero would need to massively improve on his first season

Comment

I'd have him here but only if he wants to be here, that's imperative for all our players returning from loans

Comment

Does anybody know how he did in La Liga after his injury?

Comment

First half against Spurs he was Everest, rest of the time he was on a journey to the centre of the earth....

Comment

Totally unproven in playing terms, bar that goal at West Brom. But his attitude is not on a par with those other Hughes era shysters, so, thinking he'd be better than Carroll, I'd be tempted to make use of him....

Comment

To quote The Chief:

“I’m looking forward to Esteban Granero coming back in because I think he’s a quality player. He’s outstanding and, having spoken to him, he really wants to come back."

Comment

Originally posted by Corrode View Post
                          Granero is a much better player than Townsend but he needs a good team around him to shine. Townsend looked good because he's incredibly direct and happy to pick a ball up and run with it to have a shot, but that's also the only thing he can do. If we hadn't been as bad as we were his limitations would have gotten really annoying really quickly. Granero's a playmaker, he has the same kind of game (though not the ability) as someone like Ozil, who similarly looked **** when all the people he should be playing passes to were out injured. He'd work well with Charlie, Philips and Hoilett who can threaten across the width of the pitch and run onto long balls, and with someone like Barton next to him to go steaming into people to protect him and give him a short passing option. Before Faurlin was dropped him and Granero were one of the few things that looked like it was working.
                          Agree with this

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                            To quote The Chief:

“I’m looking forward to Esteban Granero coming back in because I think he’s a quality player. He’s outstanding and, having spoken to him, he really wants to come back."
                            So does Cesar.
                            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Corrode View Post
                              Agree.

Granero is a very good footballer who i felt got rather unfairly slated and tarred with the same brush as others. He and Faurlin bossed midfield battles against City, Spurs and Chelsea among other when they played together. Quite simply you dont do this if you're not a good player. He was also a grafter and would get stuck in and chase back as much as anyone.

He was sent on loan because there were teams that wanted him and it got the wage burden off the club, it doesnt mean he wouldn't have stayed and fought if asked to do so.

I would love him to return especially if proven his fitness since injury as he would be a very good squad player next seaon, whether starting or coming off the bench. He and Barton could compliment eachother perfectly, or if we need to pack the midfield or have a flexible formation, i'd be very happy with a trio of Barton, Granero, Faurlin, with wide runners in Philips and Hoilett supporting Austin.

Comment

I'm prepared to give him a second chance , but thought he was **** poor first time around

Comment

Working...
                                X